(Topic ID: 66172)

F14 Tomcat Owners Club Fans Also Welcome.

By Hellfire

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,065 posts
  • 321 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by GRUMPY
  • Topic is favorited by 130 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,222 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0A1FAC8F-F8B7-4022-A2F9-427D30D0E3B0 (resized).jpeg
20191026_193510 (resized).jpg
20191025_220604 (resized).jpg
20191025_220544 (resized).jpg
881B8B42-A93A-4236-8EDC-44DD76BB744F (resized).jpeg
02979AB8-B113-40D4-B71A-E29C2AB9CE66 (resized).jpeg
8F68FF0E-4EC1-42C7-8750-6F3C786179CA (resized).jpeg
F66A765B-6CD5-4CEB-9C94-8321AC303173 (resized).jpeg
625D4BB7-2C1C-49E1-8FC6-856F6C0B01E9 (resized).jpeg
DC33FB5C-B7C1-4208-B6A3-6DAE1D0AFC13 (resized).jpeg
B0F64912-39F5-416C-A94D-58595E0350CB (resized).jpeg
04E3C15C-A6E5-48F6-8CCD-00EFCAA125B7 (resized).jpeg
20191012_085151 (resized).jpg
20191012_085132 (resized).jpg
CF00E10A-4C10-4798-9161-2DFFF008B890 (resized).jpeg
E4019B06-32CC-47F0-A397-2CF464E2F494 (resized).jpeg

There are 4065 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 82.
#1801 3 years ago

Shipping from Germany world wide is:
upto 0,5 kg Euro 7,50
upto 1 kg Euro 12,50
upto 2 kg Euro 24,50

But these inserts are not from me.
www.perfectplayfields.com

1 week later
#1802 3 years ago

I've decided to part with my F-14. I had every intention of restoring it, but with Rollergames next on deck I won't be able to get to it until at least next year. So I would rather part with it and let someone take advantage of the new parts that will be hitting the market.

It's a decent player's machine and a great restoration candidate. Mylar is coming up, has typical wear. Arrow inserts are actually level so no game play issues. NOS translite and new glass, all four flippers were just rebuilt and upgraded, 90% LED'd, original boards, inline fuse mod has been done as has a dropdown for the beacon lamps.

We had it on last weekend for five to six hours, it got a ton of play, the only issue that popped up was the right sling needs a switch adjustment.

Pics: http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/nerdygrrl/library/F-14%20Tomcat

1 week later
#1803 3 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

It turns out I had the metal stopper, but I'm missing the wire ball guide on the left. I wonder if those are available anywhere.

Did you find that part? Usually PB resource has all the metal guides.

#1804 3 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

It turns out I had the metal stopper, but I'm missing the wire ball guide on the left. I wonder if those are available anywhere.

Did you find that part? Usually PB resource has all the metal guides.

#1805 3 years ago

Ok ... let me know if this qualifies me into the group. For the "Hobbyist" part of this group, and if you are really bored and have about 50 minutes to kill, I just posted a new video of what I've done in my spare time for the last several months with mods to my F14 Tomcat. I'm by far no professional, as you will see, just a "hobbyist". If/when you get board, skip to about the 48 minute mark for the "after" light shows in dim room light. I learned a lot along the way and I'm still just a newbie when it comes to fiddling with things after 28 years of owning this machine. Maybe something in here will inspire you and show you what to avoid. Check it out:

#1806 3 years ago

I know it's not a F-14 Tomcat, but it is a Williams 1974 Super Flight and I think will fit right in sitting beside my F-14.
A craigslist deal I couldn't pass up today.

DSCF2390_(resized).JPG

#1807 3 years ago

Has anyone else bought the insert set? I bought them and, even though I haven't installed them yet, I feel like the blues are a little too translucent. Just curious if others felt the same. Still going to use them since they're way better than my faded originals and I had already planned to do a full restore with clearcoat.

#1808 3 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Has anyone else bought the insert set? I bought them and, even though I haven't installed them yet, I feel like the blues are a little too translucent. Just curious if others felt the same. Still going to use them since they're way better than my faded originals and I had already planned to do a full restore with clearcoat.

I didn't feel that they were a little too translucent.. I dunno it seemed to be the same as the others?

#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Blue leds really help, I still have the originals in mine and they really pop with blue leds under them

#1810 3 years ago

@KingBW:

A lot of work and it looks fantastic - you just have to change the ramp decal like I did.
If you need corel-data to print it, send me an email.
You can see the "Landing/Lock On"-decal in the Galerie (unknown pic.8 and 13)

#1811 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

you just have to change the ramp decal like I did.

Ummm ... I got it ... I think. See my video at about 36:20. If that is not what you are talking about, please send me a link so that I can take a look at it.

#1812 3 years ago

Ahh, not exactly what i mean - look at page 28.
Take a look at post #1365 here in this Topic, there you see the modified "Landing/Lock On"-decal.
You use the plastic-decal from André and on the left side it interferes the "Landig/Lock On"-decal - you now understand?
I also create an new Spinner-decal with the entire MIG and an improved explosion and the "Kill Gen. Yagov" is also new aligned and fit better on the assembly in front of the ramp.
If needed, you can get these decals in corel to print.

#1813 3 years ago

Joining the club in a couple weeks. My tradition before picking up a new machine is to find the perfect keychain. This one was a no brainer when i found it. Excited!

41HGHx4Yr3L._SX425__(resized).jpg

#1814 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Ahh, not exactly what i mean - look at page 28.
Take a look at post #1365 here in this Topic, there you see the modified "Landing/Lock On"-decal.
You use the plastic-decal from André and on the left side it interferes the "Landig/Lock On"-decal - you now understand?
I also create an new Spinner-decal with the entire MIG and an improved explosion and the "Kill Gen. Yagov" is also new aligned and fit better on the assembly in front of the ramp.
If needed, you can get these decals in corel to print.

Ohhh, ok. Where do I get get those? Can you send me a link?

#1815 3 years ago

Hi KingBW,

just send me an email to this address and I send you the decals, ok?

sethbrundle@nexgo.de

regards
Averell

#1816 3 years ago

WTB: slingshot plastics. Need the right side but willing to buy both if that's what you got. Used ok as long as they are flat and unbroken.

Hoping someone out there has done a repo plastic swap and still has usable slings.

PM me

#1817 3 years ago

I would like slingshot plastics as well, with-out buying the complete set.

Also, how do you adjust the volume on the game, all my sounds/music work but its crazy loud.

#1818 3 years ago

Left in the cabinet, near by the tilt mechanism is the volume control.
And it's more and more difficult to get slingshot plastics, often the left one is more damaged.
I use double-sided protectors on both of my new slingshot plastics.

#1819 3 years ago

Averell is there any sort of knob on your volume control? Mine is just the end of the potentiometer.

Does anyone know where to buy the red and black buttons for the menu controls located on the coin door. Mine are missing.

#1820 3 years ago

There are a bunch of knobs on this forum, but I have never seen one on the volume potentiometer of a Williams machine.

I have not seen the red and black buttons sold separately... the whole switch is cheap to replace.

#1821 3 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

There are a bunch of knobs on this forum, but I have never seen one on the volume potentiometer of a Williams machine.
I have not seen the red and black buttons sold separately... the whole switch is cheap to replace.

What's the entire thing called??? I want to look it up on Marco.

[EDIT] Is this it?
red one ---- http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7601-4
blk one ---- http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7601-7

#1822 3 years ago

That's right, on F-14 there's no knob on the potentiometer - looks like missing, but it's original.
Service assembly with Buttons is easy to get.

If you need the decal for the service assembly, send me an email.

#1823 3 years ago

Nah, I just need the service buttons. I think that's them in my post (#1821).

#1824 3 years ago

Can you even put the volume on the service buttons on an F14 ? Would be a lot handier for sure.

#1825 3 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Can you even put the volume on the service buttons on an F14 ? Would be a lot handier for sure.

I'm sure it could be done. I'm just not the one to try to figure it out.

My two questions were not related, I was just curious about the volume control and then remembered I was missing the caps for the service buttons.

#1826 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I'm sure it could be done. I'm just not the one to try to figure it out.

My two questions were not related, I was just curious about the volume control and then remembered I was missing the caps for the service buttons.

Sorry, misinterpreted the post. Would be cool if you could hook the volume up to the service buttons like the newer willams pins. Anyone ever attempted this ?

#1827 3 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

Now you have seen........and I was able to get red buttons from Marcos here awhile back but they were out of black at the time

DSCF2430_(resized).JPG
Edit: I see now both red and black are in stock

#1828 3 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Now you have seen........

Does that knob go up to 11?

#1829 3 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

Does that knob go up to 11?

Yeah, but anything over 10 kicks the afterburners in....

#1830 3 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Yeah, but anything over 10 kicks the afterburners in..

#1831 3 years ago

So need some help a buddy got a f14 need a couple pics of trough switchs if someone could for me thanks

1459033918549-862035293_(resized).jpg

#1832 3 years ago

Coin door service buttons assembly parts:

3 switch metal bracket (holds the switches - screws to the label plate): Mouser, part number 611-C0310
4 switch metal bracket (holds the switches - screws to the label plate): Mouser, part number 611-C03175

locking switch: Digikey, part number CKN10023-ND
momentary switch: Digikey, part number 401-1225-ND

cap for switch, white: Digikey, part number 401-1216-ND
cap for switch, red: Digikey, part number 401-1218-ND
cap for switch, black: Digikey, part number 401-1215-ND

I also installed a new set of plastics, so I would be willing to sell my original set - banana shape plastic has the front hole mount broken and the plastic around the upper Tomcat target is also broken, all other are decent. Not sure I want to part out the set (yet) - make me an offer for the whole set and we can go from there. Note: if you are in the US expect shipping to be about $40 (with tracking, probably less without but that is at your own risk). Those of you in Calgary that will be at the Edmonton show, I can bring them there. Also to add that the domes are still attached as I installed new ones.

#1833 3 years ago

English not french Canadian lol.

#1834 3 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

Coin door service buttons assembly parts:
3 switch metal bracket (the bracket that holds the switches): Mouser, part number 611-00310
4 switch metal bracket (the bracket that holds the switches): Mouser, part number 611-003175
locking switch: Digikey, part number CKN10023-ND
momentary switch: Digikey, part number 401-1225-ND
cap for switch, white: Digikey, part number 401-1216-ND
cap for switch, red: Digikey, part number 401-1218-ND
cap for switch, black: Digikey, part number 401-1215-ND

I also installed a new set of plastics, so I would be willing to sell my original set - banana shape plastic has the front hole mount broken and the plastic around the upper Tomcat target is also broken, all other are decent. Not sure I want to part out the set (yet) - make me an offer for the whole set and we can go from there. Note: if you are in the US expect shipping to be about $40 (with tracking, probably less without but that is at your own risk). Those of you in Calgary that will be at the Edmonton show, I can bring them there. Also to add that the domes are still attached as I installed new ones.

Will the Digikey caps fit on the stock Williams service switches???

#1835 3 years ago

There's a problem with my internet provider - since monday it's not possible to send emails - sorry.
I try again later.

#1836 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Will the Digikey caps fit on the stock Williams service switches???

Yes - they are the exact same part (everything in the list). Well at least they fit my machines...

#1837 3 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

Yes - they are the exact same part (everything in the list). Well at least they fit my machines...

Sweet. You just saved me about $80 shipping through Marco.

#1838 3 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So need some help a buddy got a f14 need a couple pics of trough switchs if someone could for me thanks

You are missing the right switch. I can grab a pic in a few hours if someone doesn't beat me to it.

#1839 3 years ago

@ KingBW: I tried twice to send you an email, but I get the request that the host refused to talk to arcor-server. Do you have another account or mail address?

#1840 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

@ KingBW: I tried twice to send you an email, but I get the request that the host refused to talk to arcor-server. Do you have another account or mail address?

I got them ... one of the attempts did get through. Thanks!

#1841 3 years ago

Yeah i have a whole column out q49 ill have to check transistor or go down the line reflec or u40 not sure let me know if you guys have any pointers for me. Right flipper is in column it works in switch test but dosent register didnt have my dmm with me machines at a buddys house

#1842 3 years ago

Here is the pic.

20160328_233850.jpg

#1843 3 years ago

@KingBW: OK, I hope that's useful for your project?

#1845 3 years ago

Anyone have a link for a replacement backbox lock assembly?

#1846 3 years ago

First world problems, I rolled over the score on F14 last night. Only had 1 fighter jackpot even. What I thought was interesting was how it displays it. It cuts off the first 1. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a pic of the first 1 being cut off with a zero just showing (because I didnt want to drain!). But first is my max score, then the "high score."

20160412_000517_(resized).jpg

20160412_000534_(resized).jpg

#1847 3 years ago

Wow! Congrats! How long was that game? What settings were you using?

#1848 3 years ago

Game was about 20 minutes long. All factory default settings (except free play is on obviously).

#1849 3 years ago

Somebody did do a "divide by 10" ROM for this, that would mean you'd need to play for 10 times as long to roll it over

#1850 3 years ago

Does it actually exist? I saw some posts that mention it for the pinmame version, but that's all I ever found.

I just got my new ball return frames from cliffy, these things are nice! Here is a pic of the new "enhanced" version on the bottom, stock one sitting on top. The left side one is pretty much the same as stock.

20160415_234638_(2)_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 4065 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 82.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside