(Topic ID: 66172)

F14 Tomcat Owners Club Fans Also Welcome.

By Hellfire

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,581 posts
  • 467 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Jumping-Box
  • Topic is favorited by 205 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6898 (resized).jpg
IMG_6899 (resized).jpg
F-14 red legs (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
25 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
pinside.beb8aa6ea670a2343b9c15463e46ada2dea4ae8f.jpg
20240323_184048.jpg
PXL_20240323_205150548 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_205020369 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_205025157 (resized).jpg
2024-03-2314.58.144784972095774391013.jpg
2024-03-2314.57.324038901060729987013.jpg
2024-03-2314.52.453349571938828535499.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,581 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 112.
#1751 8 years ago

My upper left flipper coil keeps getting super hot and eventually pops the fuse on the flipper board. What is a common cause for this?

None of the other flipper coils are hot.

Wild guess being maybe the yellow axial resistors zip tied to the assembly? Like the ones in the picture below?

Screenshot_2015-12-18-23-15-47.pngScreenshot_2015-12-18-23-15-47.png

#1752 8 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

My upper left flipper coil keeps getting super hot and eventually pops the fuse on the flipper board. What is a common cause for this?

EOS switch not gapped enough.

#1753 8 years ago

Looking for a good useable right side sling plastic for an F-14. Doesn't have to be new, just not chipped. Only need the right but willing to buy the pair if need be.
New or used is ok.
Pm me.

Dave

#1754 8 years ago

Just left the club. Was fun while it lasted. A dad bought it for his 14 year old son for Christmas. That's one cool dad!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1755 8 years ago

And one spoiled kid!!!

1 week later
#1756 8 years ago

I have a Rottendog power supply, brand new that I'm not using. I paid 115$. I'll take offers.

IMG_6902_(resized).JPGIMG_6902_(resized).JPG

FullSizeRender_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#1757 8 years ago

Looks like they are doing a demand check for F14 PF's. Maybe the day has finally come.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demand-check-f14-tom-cat

#1758 8 years ago

Hello to all.

Yes, Im now opening a list. If I get enough intrest Ill start to reproduce F14 Tom Cat playfields.
The price would be approx. 650€ + 95€ shipping to the USA or 105€ shipping to Austrailia.
If you are intrested, please send me an email to [email protected]
Subject F14 Tom Cat

Regards from Hamburg
Peter

#1760 8 years ago

Does anybody have a high res scan of Hitman and Yag from the top of the PF? I was hoping to scan mine, but my PF is too blown out up there.

2 weeks later
#1761 8 years ago

Does anyone have any high res picks of the upkicker wiring and all the snubber boards wiring and lamp resistor boards wiring? I don't want to part out this game I have so I started to put it together this morning, but have no idea on the wiring that was cut out. Even better would be all high res pics from under the playfield. If someone could help me out on this one.

#1762 8 years ago

All the schematics are in the instruction manual

#1763 8 years ago

Trying to read it all, but it would be so much easier if I could just look at the pics.

#1764 8 years ago

Go here and scroll down, you will find some good info there.
C:\Users\user\Pictures\Internet Pinball Machine Database Williams 'F-14 Tomcat'.htm

#1765 8 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Go here and scroll down, you will find some good info there.
C:\Users\user\Pictures\Internet Pinball Machine Database Williams 'F-14 Tomcat'.htm

How is he supposed to remote in to your C: drive?

#1766 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

How is he supposed to remote in to your C: drive?

He's not....just trying to give the dude an ideal of what might help him...."I might not be a real smart man, but I do know what love is"

#1767 8 years ago

This game I was going to sell, But started putting it back together and was just looking for some help with pics of the underside of the playfield. If I can get the wiring done as I have everything, I will just keep the game. I was just going to sell it as it will not fit in my basement with the beacons. So maybe just keep it in the garage for the neighborhood kids to play

#1768 8 years ago

Tomcat in Washington DC $750!!
It has all parts!!

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

#1769 8 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Tomcat in Washington DC $750!!
It has all parts!!
washingtondc.craigslist.org link

and sold

#1770 8 years ago

Yep!
Lucky pinsider "shirkle" got it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/19#post-2949300

Quoted from shirkle:

I got this one tonight. Actually in really nice shape, just dirty and the usually flaking inserts of most F-14s. Hardly any playfield wear and was NOT factory mylared except in the top half of the field near the pop bumper.
It is not working, as stated. The coil fires, but it's not starting a game. I'll look into a little bit tomorrow evening.

#1771 8 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Even better would be all high res pics from under the playfield.

I zipped up a whole bunch of pictures I took of the underneath of my playfield before I stripped it down. Hope they're of use

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/pinside/Tomcat+Refurb.zip

#1772 8 years ago

Question please......Do all you Tomcat owners have orange text for the color of the warning label on the backbox?

#1773 8 years ago

Mine is yellow not orange.

#1774 8 years ago

You mean the silk screened warning on the back of the backbox? Yellow here. Never seen an orange one.

#1775 8 years ago

Makes me wonder how mine ended up orange

DSCF2205_(resized).JPGDSCF2205_(resized).JPG

#1776 8 years ago

The reason I asked, because I am restoring another system 11 (which has yellow text) and was trying to decide wheather to get yellow or orange ink since it is so expensive.

#1777 8 years ago

Just got my F-14 this week. Seems to be working fine now with one exception I noticed last night:

When I drain a ball with the lock lit, the next ball gets plunged and diverted straight to the right side lock. Then it releases another ball which gets plunged straight to the left-center lock. Finally, a third ball is released and it also gets plunged and diverted into the left-center lock. At that point the game just goes through the 'revving up' light sequence and about a minute later shoots out all 3 balls.
What's going on there?

#1778 8 years ago

Sounds like the switch in the left-center lock is broken or misaligned. Then the game can't detect when a ball is in there, and diverts another ball there. Then one ball will be "lost", and the game will do a ball search after a while, releasing all the balls.

So put the game in switch test mode, and manually put a ball in the left center lock. See if the switch registers. Also try the switches in the other locks and in the ramps, the problem might be elsewhere.

#1779 8 years ago

Passes the switch test. If a ball goes in there any other time, it kicks it right out. That was my first thought, too.

#1780 8 years ago

Maybe one of the switches in the through or the shooter lane switch?

#1781 8 years ago

All of those are good.

What *should* it be doing if I drain while "locked on" is lit? I don't even know what it's supposed to do.

#1782 8 years ago

It should lock the balls. If you have all locks lit, and shoot the last ball, it will divert the ball into one of the occupied locks and kick out the ball that's currently in there.

#1783 8 years ago

What about ball trough switches under apron?

#1784 8 years ago

Figured it out once I knew how it was supposed to work. All three of the "ramp" switches were not registering in the test. I traced it back to a ground wire that was loose in the quick-disconnect connector on the first switch.

So, the problem was that it didn't know a second ball was coming down the same ramp.

#1785 8 years ago

Nice! Have fun playing

#1786 8 years ago

Just a reminder.....
Put fuses in the AC power line before the bridge rectifiers.
That goes for both of the bridge rectifiers in the back box.
Otherwise you have a great risk of fire in the wiring if one of the rectifiers go bad in the ac side.
You can also use my Bridge Board which replaces both rectifiers, the big cap and add fuses and control leds.
For more information goto www.inkochnito.nl and click on the Bridge Board image.

Also available from my website is a Tech Chart for F14-Tomcat.
Comes in very handy when you are looking for some quick information.
Marco Specialties sells them printed on sticky vinyl or you can print the file yourself.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Williams_F-14_Tomcat_Tech_Chart.pdf

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

#1787 8 years ago

How much for the bridge board?

BTW, thank you Inkochnito for all your hard work reproducing the Tech Charts, Coil Wraps, and the rest of the stuff on your website.

#1788 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

How much for the bridge board?
BTW, thank you Inkochnito for all your hard work reproducing the Tech Charts, Coil Wraps, and the rest of the stuff on your website.

Bridge Boards are available from: Big Daddy Enterprises and Marco Specialties for fifty quid.
http://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/boards/boards-index.htm#bridgeboard
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5040-09051-RC

Here you can find some guide lines for installing the Bridge Board:
http://home.kpn.nl/p.koch3/Inkochnito_Bridge_Board.pdf

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

#1789 8 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Just a reminder.....
Put fuses in the AC power line before the bridge rectifiers.
That goes for both of the bridge rectifiers in the back box.
Otherwise you have a great risk of fire in the wiring if one of the rectifiers go bad in the ac side.
You can also use my Bridge Board which replaces both rectifiers, the big cap and add fuses and control leds.
For more information goto http://www.inkochnito.nl and click on the Bridge Board image.
Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl

Wow, I did not know this! Thanks for posting.

#1790 8 years ago

[EDIT] Delete. F-14 is a System 11A game.

#1791 8 years ago

Can anyone help me out with a picture of the launch hole/eject hole in the top right? Mine is surrounded by a bunch of wood screws behind it to stop the ball from going past it. I assume that's not original and that some op threw them in there in a pinch. I'm mainly looking for pictures of behind the hole- the eject works fine, I just noticed these ugly screws when investigating why I'm getting some shots bouncing out of there.

#1792 8 years ago

Does this help?

IMG_5078_(resized).JPGIMG_5078_(resized).JPG

#1793 8 years ago

IMG_1583_(resized).JPGIMG_1583_(resized).JPG
IMG_1545_(resized).JPGIMG_1545_(resized).JPG

#1794 8 years ago

Yes!

I think I even found that piece in the cabinet!

#1795 8 years ago

It turns out I had the metal stopper, but I'm missing the wire ball guide on the left. I wonder if those are available anywhere.

#1796 8 years ago

One of the european guys had a F-14 PF there were stripping in the marketplace you may want to try them if you can't find it locally.

2 weeks later
#1797 8 years ago

Hey guys, I just wrote up a step by step on how to guide to build a voltage step down regulator so you can run 89 LED's in your beacons if you want to. It's pretty simple and straight forward. It took about 30 minutes and cost about $5 to make. Major thanks to GRUMPY who provided me his schematics and went over a bit of the process with me.

Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-beacon-diy-step-down-voltage-regulator

#1799 8 years ago

Very nice, but the $50 shipping to The Netherlands kills it for me Guess I'm gonna have to stock up on some other parts as well!

#1800 8 years ago

I am guessing these are from Peter in Germany who is doing the F-14 repro playfields: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demand-check-f14-tom-cat

Sadly unternational shipping is pricey. I have a small shipping operation and 1# to the UK/EU starts at $40 if you want tracking.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 5,581 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f14-tomcat-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.