(Topic ID: 66172)

F14 Tomcat Owners Club Fans Also Welcome.

By Hellfire

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,596 posts
  • 469 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by pb456
  • Topic is favorited by 205 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5286 (resized).jpeg
20240415_204854.jpg
2024-04-1520.55.50581660535718955564.jpg
IMG_5273 (resized).jpeg
20240412_180621.jpg
IMG_6898 (resized).jpg
IMG_6899 (resized).jpg
F-14 red legs (resized).jpg
25 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
pinside.beb8aa6ea670a2343b9c15463e46ada2dea4ae8f.jpg
20240323_184048.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 112.
#651 9 years ago

The ebay listing is so recent, it's not active yet just wait a while, it should be available in a minute or so.

#652 9 years ago

[post deleted by author]

#653 9 years ago
Quoted from Dreg604:

I can't wait to hear your feedbacks

Removed?

#655 9 years ago

Any pics of the new stickers installed?

#656 9 years ago

Unfortunately no since I do not own the F-14 pinball anymore. I actually asked a fellow pinsiders to try them out for me on it's machine for a perfect fit.

#657 9 years ago

Any possibility of a listing that sells both stickers together at a discount for shipping?

#658 9 years ago

Ordered the right side. I'll be that Ginny pig and post pictures when they get here.

#659 9 years ago

I will create an auction page with both stickers very soon, until then anybody who purchase both stickers will be refunded the extra shipping cost.

#660 9 years ago
Quoted from Dreg604:

I guess I'm cursed at copy pasting ebay link. Here's a link that should work now

ebay.com link » F 14 Tomcat Williams Pinball Machine Lift Off Stickers

Just purchased !! Already have the left side decal. Looking forward to putting this one on.

#661 9 years ago

Got mine today Dreg! They look great! I hope to finish up my flipper rebuild/upgrade this weekend and put them on. I'll post photos for all.

#662 9 years ago

Can anyone tell me how the speaker panel is put together? What is holding it in place? The one on mine was broken when I got it, and is held in place with screws (and so are the speaker grills).

I have a new bezel, and double-sided tape just doesnt seem right

WP_20141029_002.jpgWP_20141029_002.jpg
#663 9 years ago

I've seen 2 ways of doing these on F14. If you have the channel at the top that fits over the panel a little (like the one at the bottom), then the bezel is just held in under the top/bottom channels. It's a snug enough fit for it to stay in place just fine. I've also seen F14 panels where the bezel was glued to the panel, mine was like that.

Just remembered too that this was discussed some pages back on this very thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f14-tomcat-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/5#post-1532720

#664 9 years ago

Thanks, mine doesnt have a channel on top, guess I will just glue it on then. Any recommendations on what kind of glue to use?

#665 9 years ago

If u want it to stay try a 3M spray adhesive, used that (sparingly) on my Indy and Creech speaker panels. It's generally used for auto upholstery but work on pretty much anything.

#666 9 years ago

I saw that I still have some of this stuff lying around: http://www.bison.net/en/products/641-polymer-adhesives/product/229-poly-max-original/

Worked very well for many other applications. Guess that it will do the job!

#667 9 years ago

One of the #47 bulbs burnt out on my divertor. When I pulled off the blue condom it ripped (crap!) so I ordered a bunch from PinballLife. I put the new condom on today and turned on the game and the new condom with the bulb lit up looks completely different from the other two. Almost green. It looks like crap.

I installed a blue LED and it looks fine, but the bulb condom doesn't fit the bulb properly and the LED is shorter than the 47 bulbs.

Where do you guys purchase replacement bulb condoms?
What should I do?

#668 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

One of the #47 bulbs burnt out on my divertor. When I pulled off the blue condom it ripped (crap!) so I ordered a bunch from PinballLife. I put the new condom on today and turned on the game and the new condom with the bulb lit up looks completely different from the other two. Almost green. It looks like crap.
I installed a blue LED and it looks fine, but the bulb condom doesn't fit the bulb properly and the LED is shorter than the 47 bulbs.
Where do you guys purchase replacement bulb condoms?
What should I do?

I would replace the diverter lamps with frosted blue and red LEDs and forget about the condoms.

#669 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I would replace the diverter lamps with frosted blue and red LEDs and forget about the condoms.

What bulb do you recommend? I'm in Canada so ordering LEDs is not so easy and shipping can really bit me in the ass. I prefer Comet.

#671 9 years ago

Those bulbs look too short to be installed into the divertor. #44 bulb types stick out further, I'd prefer a taller bulb.

#672 9 years ago

Titan Pinball's are longer.

http://www.titanpinball.com/products_detail.php?ProductID=28

LED BA9S Frosted White Sq_07030947.jpgLED BA9S Frosted White Sq_07030947.jpg

#673 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Those bulbs look too short to be installed into the divertor. #44 bulb types stick out further, I'd prefer a taller bulb.

I have them in mine, I'll have to get a pic out here.

#674 9 years ago

I asked a seperate thread, but I will take another impossible shot here too.

Bay Area Amusements has been out for months now and I would like to install a Playfield Protector on my F14. Anyone have an extra one sitting on a shelf that they would want to part with?

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-F14-PF-PROTECTOR

#675 9 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Titan Pinball's are longer.
http://www.titanpinball.com/products_detail.php?ProductID=28

LED BA9S Frosted White Sq_070309... 8 KB

Those do look longer. At least longer than Comet's. Are you using them? Do you have the condoms on them?

#676 9 years ago

I don't get the obsession with the longer bulb, and why anyone would want/need big pointy long bulbs sticking out of the diverter sockets. Must be an inferiority complex

#677 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Are you using them? Do you have the condoms on them?

Yes and Yes.

I kept the condoms on to reduce light bleeding into the adjacent frosted dome when one of the lights was lit but its partner was not.

Not the best pic...but

leds.pngleds.png

#678 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I don't get the obsession with the longer bulb, and why anyone would want/need big pointy long bulbs sticking out of the diverter sockets. Must be an inferiority complex

For me it's the look. The short bulbs are too hidden in the black divertor plastic. I also have Dreg's sticker mod on the clear plastic so that takes a bit of height away from the bulbs.

I personally don't like the look of the frosted bulbs sitting in the divertor. If I bought some I would cap them using the bulb condoms to keep the red/blue theme going.

Quoted from mbott1701:

Yes and Yes.
I kept the condoms on to reduce light bleeding into the adjacent frosted dome when one of the lights was lit but its partner was not.
Not the best pic...but

leds.png 406 KB

That looks perfect. Thanks for the photo! How long did it take you to find the correct bulbs?

#679 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

How long did it take you to find the correct bulbs?

Actually found them by accident.
I got a bunch of 555s from Titan for the arrow inserts and I just included some 44s in the order. Turned out the 555s were too tall for the arrow inserts, but I figured the 44s would work great in the diverter. Tried it, like it, so I kept them in there.

#680 9 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Actually found them by accident.
I got a bunch of 555s from Titan for the arrow inserts and I just included some 44s in the order. Turned out the 555s were too tall for the arrow inserts, but I figured the 44s would work great in the diverter. Tried it, like it, so I kept them in there.

No problems putting the bulb condoms on them? Are they loose?

#681 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

For me it's the look. The short bulbs are too hidden in the black divertor plastic.

I guess your sockets are not right. Mine are just fine with the short bulbs.

#682 9 years ago

New right stickers installed

IMG_20141110_170300.jpgIMG_20141110_170300.jpg
#683 9 years ago

Another pic of the side stickers

IMG_20141110_170246.jpgIMG_20141110_170246.jpg
#684 9 years ago

Better side pic

IMG_20141110_170846.jpgIMG_20141110_170846.jpg
#685 9 years ago

Ok, Im excited ! cant wait to get mine!!

#686 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I guess your sockets are not right. Mine are just fine with the short bulbs.
» YouTube video

What? They're fine. I'm just more particular than you are.

Man, that new sticker mod looks great! What are your thoughts on it Industen?

#687 9 years ago

I think it is cool. Doesn't hide anything and it makes it consistent throughout the playfield. They are pretty "balls on" in terms of installing them on the plastics size wise. The hardest one to install is the small square one on the side. Even that one is pretty easy but you have to remove quite a few things to get to it. I guess you could install it without taking that plastic completely off.

All in all I think it is worth the cash to give it a cool look. I do like how the G.I. lights the right from underneath.

#688 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

What? They're fine. I'm just more particular than you are.

OK, but what you are being particular about I don't know. I'm just making the point that the standard CT frosteds are not "hidden" in the diverter. I can see mine from across the room.

#689 9 years ago

Hi guys, since this is the place for all things F-14, it seems like the perfect place to pimp my F-14 restoration thread! I bought my machine about a year back as a player. It had terrible lifted and faded inserts, but otherwise was in good shape and amazingly clean. Now I'm making it better than new. It's a ton of work, but it's going pretty well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/curbfeelers-f14-tomcat-restoration-it-begins

Love you have you guys follow along. I document all my pin improvements so others can see my methods.

Dan

#690 9 years ago

Saw your thread Curb, that's a good one. When I see the work involved in leveling inserts it makes me really appreciate buying one where that was already done for me.

#691 9 years ago

F-14 for sale on Chicago craigslist. Is this one of you guys selling your machine? Anyone take a look at it? chicago.craigslist.org link

#692 9 years ago

Looks like I'm selling mine. $1400, prototype machine with the original flashers and original boards. It was Fatdirks machine a year ago. PM me your email for pics

#693 9 years ago

If anyone could take a look at the one I posted I would appreciate it. What do I need to look at if I go see it?

#694 9 years ago
Quoted from el_brio:

If anyone could take a look at the one I posted I would appreciate it. What do I need to look at if I go see it?

Looks pretty good for the price. If you are ok with the playfield wear and everything works I would say that a grand is a good deal for one. Might check for wiring hacks and such, but hard to be picky for a grand these days.

#695 9 years ago

He also has a High Speed for about the same price.

#696 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Looks like I'm selling mine. $1400, prototype machine with the original flashers and original boards. It was Fatdirks machine a year ago. PM me your email for pics

Is that a true prototype with the black cab and "X" in the serial number? There were only 10 prototypes made, you would be priced wayyyyy low. I think you mean early production.

#697 9 years ago
Quoted from el_brio:

$1400-$1500 seems to be the normal price for F-14 with the typical issues. Quick sales will be in the $1K range, but anywhere between $1K-$1.5K is average for a perfectly working machine that needs some TLC.

#698 9 years ago

Upon looking at it, there is no x in the SN. It does have all the prototype roms, clear beacon, added flashers. I was told it was a prototype when I bought it. Either way it's a FAST machine in great shape.image.jpgimage.jpg

#699 9 years ago

image-902.jpgimage-902.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-505.jpgimage-505.jpg

image-303.jpgimage-303.jpg
#700 9 years ago

image-668.jpgimage-668.jpgimage-114.jpgimage-114.jpgimage-290.jpgimage-290.jpgimage-815.jpgimage-815.jpgimage-356.jpgimage-356.jpgimage-927.jpgimage-927.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,596 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f14-tomcat-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.