Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wisefwumyogwave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

great point . yeah Screw stern Pricing.
    the game cost about 3.5 k in parts and labor
    yeah yeah that's the ticket
    and even at that that is 3.5 thousand games at 1 dollar a play so just save yo money and play on location

Says someone that bought a guns and roses ce!? you got ripped off horribly if you bought new and ESPECIALLY used. Talk about a low BOM compared to sticker price. Easily the worst offender game there is.

#248 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Just think:
    Stern is no longer payrolling the 2 greatest pinball designers. Steve Ritchie, Coding Lyman Sheats. Saving $$
    Just think:
    You won't ever be getting a game designed by them ever again either, Negative $$
    Best of luck Lifestyle Brand!

Anyone can phone in a lazy ass layout like led zeppelin. My kid made a cooler layout than that on cut up stern cardboard the other day. And it definitely wasn't trash from led zeppelin.we need to stop calling Steve the king, he was usurped long ago

#250 2 years ago

FACT majority of pin buyers are not OPS they are home owners. Ops I know are going after cheaper games now, they really do earn about the same from my personal experience. Why pay double for a new stern as an op to fill a slot when a classic wpc can get you the same coin drop?

Stern KNOWS their buyers are mostly home owners.

Look at pinside and games owned by collectors, it doesnt come close to representing home collections. But I'm willing to bet that the location machines that are on pinside are close to full representation as any self respecting op puts their machines on here for free publicity.

It wouldn't surprise me on the next machine it has no coin mechs like MMr did.

#260 2 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

We literally had an OP post a few hours ago that he needs the latest and greatest every time. WPC is not much cheaper nowadays. I suppose it depends on the title but generally the more popular, the more expensive. Are you an OP because you say older games earn about the same from your own personal experience.

You surmised accurately.

But I would also even say depending on the title they earn even less as a whole, star wars and Ghostbusters did triple than any of my other games for about two weeks when I dropped them, then earned less than half of said games because regulars knew their own ball times and didn't see the value with such brutal games. By the time I made them easy it was too late. I would imagine turtles is the same way. I finally pulled those- Ghostbusters went home(love it) starwars I rented to a dentist for while for kids room.

Every op I'm sure is different but ops I know aren't running a Stern army at their locations it's just too expensive.

#707 2 years ago

Man. There sure seems tobe a bunch of smart business people in here capable of opening pinball companies. Please do so and flood the market so prices fall. That be great.

3 months later
    #1339 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

Uhmmm. Still love it. Game only has 3 pooling post of which one is chipping. But on board for a 500 Dollar extra Playfield while i play the dickens out of the CE . Worth every dollar for this tank Machine over a Stern Homepin Spike Toy , No pinmonk Fans for coils . mine are fine no flip drag after hours of multi player play filled with many multiballs . also on first set of servos with no issue > guess lucky me . also If i go to sell with or with out the New PF i won't lose a dollar .. 1 of 500 AMEN is what it is like to say AND mean Limited but yet they do not call it that . happy to be one of 500 owners and feels good that a few of them i know are with the Band members themselves .. And as far as BOM price. Way more on the Cost@dollars to JJP Over Stern / just look under a playfield or in the heads of these games..lol no fkn comparison .

Mmmmmmk dude. Sounds like a whole lotta justify my purchase right there. Enjoy your game from God!

#1349 2 years ago

Just came by to check if pinfever was still talking to himself- yep.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wisefwumyogwave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases?tu=wisefwumyogwave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.