Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 2 years ago

There is more demand for pinball games than there are machines to fill it. This has been the story for the last 23 years or so (think it bottomed in '97-98?) Prices been going up ever since.

Problem is, right now_ the demand for games is far exceeding supply, mostly thanks to covid hosing up the supply chain. Every owners' thread here is filled with future owners waiting on backordered machines. How many thousands of games is Stern behind?

Stern cannot allow themselves to become backordered til mid 2022 on mid 2021 prices, especially when labor and component costs are rising a fair bit more than they have in the past.

Add in additional demand from everyone helped with stimulus (left) or lower taxes (right) and these prices increases are pretty much what one would expect. Sucks, but like others have said, everything's getting higher. I can sell my old games for newer ones if needed.

#270 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Maybe if big companies paid a livable wage for manufacturing and other jobs there wouldn't BE a labor shortage.

So Stern pays the line people good wages and the price of a new game goes up even more to cover it. Are you going to switch back to complaining about prices at that point?

I don't think Stern is gouging their buyers, now or in the past. They're reacting to economic and market forces that extend far beyond pinball. Pinball machines have gone up, what, 15%? Meanwhile pool chlorine is clocking in at 50-100% more than last year.

#271 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

LEs do not come out first - you don't get a fast pass and skip the line

Mandalorian LEs did indeed come before the premiums. Some Pros for locations preceded those, but mostly for ops and no premiums. If you want the premium features, the LE is the quickest way to obtain them nowadays.

#286 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

The point he was making was that if you buy an le - you are going to get a game now - just not the case.

Depends, you could get lucky on the Stern direct-sales site, or have an 'in' with a distributor. Or just pay a flipper. Either way you'd have premium features before premium buyers.

#292 2 years ago

Your sarcasm detector is broken.

#357 2 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

you don't get it dood - it's not the cost; it's the value.

We do get it, dude. It's called inflation. And when the cost of all other fun things rise just like pinball is rising, you'll be back to buying games with your similarly increased salary.

Quoted from CoreyStup:

I mostly use liquid chlorine, although it went up in price significantly as well.

Same here, liquid shock pretty much exclusively. While it's gone up from ~13 to ~23 a jug, it's still pretty cheap compared to tabs and does a great job. Switching to SWG requires changing equipment, so won't look at that til it's time for a refresh.

#625 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

You do realize what I meant by this comment is it is an employee's market right now, right? Some people are realizing they don't have to put up with low wages and have options.

So if you understand this: wages going up, costs going up, why are you always complaining about the resulting price increases?

#626 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Regardless of whether or not people think Stern is better then JJP or vice versa it's clear which company has the greater cost per game and it's JJP.

lol someone go bump the turntable, record's stuck again...

#629 2 years ago

Don't you bullshit me beelz, I know you're old enough to remember them

#860 2 years ago

Cost of wood *now* doesn't apply to games made earlier this year. Also, costs on all the other parts have increased, especially electronics.

So the pros will go up 600 in three months, or 10% since Stern's last increase, which was over a year prior to 1/1/2022. How many of y'all complainers can pull a list of items that HAVEN'T increased 10% over the same time period? Aside from dollar store junk, some groceries and maybe gas in some areas, what hasn't increased?

How about a list of stuff that's gone up 50% or more? We're kinda lucky in some regards.

#893 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just wish someone could compare pinball to something that the layman can easily understand...toasters?
    Camels?
    Coats?
    It's on the tip of my tongue!

Guitars?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.