Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingvidiot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#722 2 years ago

In this thread, people who don’t understand the term “supply and demand”.

Also in this thread, people who don’t understand the difference between need and luxury.

It’s pathetic how much adult human energy is wasted on crying about toys.

#735 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Saying that it´s a luxury any way, is completely idiotic.
    If you reason the same with everything, are you really happy with lifes only meaning is to put food on the table?

Any TOY that exceeds a month’s worth of basic necessity is the very definition of luxury.

“the state of great comfort and extravagant living.”

What’s your idea of a fair price for a premium of the new Godzilla? $5000?

1. We both know that would be an insane deal with next to zero profit (or likely a loss) for Stern.

2. $5000 is literally several months of comfortable living - food, shelter, transportation, entertainment, communication, hobby money, insurance, taxes, etc. in the very best countries in the world. You could literally live years off this money in others.

As a video game fanatic once said to me “I spend $60 on a game, you spend over $6000 on one. Pinball is the biggest flex in gaming”

Pinball is the epitome of luxury. I can’t even imagine how entitled someone has to be to not see that.

#754 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

How do you know this?

Just a rough guess, since Spooky sells pins at well above 5K, and we all know how they’re the only pinball maker not in it for profit... right?

“Rent in NYC or LA can be upwards of $3k/mo for a small apartment. To some people $5k is a lot of money. To others, it's a drop in the bucket.”

Absolutely. It all depends on where you live and your income. I’ve worked hard for many years in a field I never got into because of the money, so it’s great to both do what you love and get good money. Now I can afford NIB machines at $10K, but if things go south and I can’t splurge $5000+ ON A SINGLE GAME, I won’t cry about it. That’s the definition of excess luxury. I’ll go back to playing video games, like most folks, where $60 can get you months of amazing entertainment.

I remember when buying a $60 was a splurge, but I guess most of you long forgot that, or have been spoiled since children.

3 weeks later
    #1163 2 years ago
    Quoted from Enron64:

Hahah I feel this. I am in Canada and I recently bought 2 premiums that ran me about 11k a piece.

You know what they say "spare the plunger rod and spoil the child"

3 months later
    #1362 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Looks like I'm going to write off buying sterns - with the new price hike - I just cancelled my deadpool order - It's to a point where they crossed the line.

Quoted from Happy81724:

It is interesting how he complained about it being a problem and now he is part of what he called out as a problem. Didn’t take him long to write off stern I guess. He said they went too far. Shit if he is making 600 more off a pro they probably didn’t go far enough

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

F You OP and your price increases!!
    Is he really scalping games now? That’s rich.

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Yup. Gotta love hypocrites. [quoted image]

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ah…so it’s ok for Weir to sell NIB stern pros for $7500, but when Stern sells them for $6700 they are monsters who have “crossed the line” and need to be told F You.
    Classic.
    It’s amazing how many people in this hobby have their heads up their own.
    Really puts this post in perspective doesn’t it?

Quoted from MikeS:

Can we please change the thread title to "F you WeirPinball and your price increases" since he raised the price $600 over Sterns price.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

As requested - title changed. As someone said - can't beat them, join them.

This has been thoroughly entertaining. I’m betting if you combed through all the lovely pinsiders who upvoted this thread, you’ll find most of them suffering from self-induced pinflation too. You can’t make this shit up, folks.

5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingvidiot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases?tu=kingvidiot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.