Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 2 years ago

Inflation, parts shortages and other things like energy and transportation costs are what you should be hating on. Anyone who thinks the development and BOM costs are not skyrocketing along with the retail prices is fooling themselves.

#247 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

Most electronics are expensive when it first comes out . like a 60 inch led tv . when first introduced it was like 2 grand for one.. Now you get 60 inch tv's for 500 dollars . So where is this Increase on this tech due to labor shortages and wage increases you alleged ?

This is beyond apple to oranges. This comparison is like apples to kangaroo. Even a car-gument would have been better here. Building a few thousand of each model pinball machine in the USA along with all the unique art, mechanisms and programming that goes along with it is a lot different than banging out millions of televisions at a factory in China or Korea.

These last 18 months have been absolutely crazy for industry, especially manufacturing, and it is surprising that some people have to have that pointed out to them. I've been waiting for six months for the Intel computer that I could have bought last year for 25% less and still waiting. I totally agree that price increases suck, but all in all I defy anyone here to actually prove that prices to produce these things at Stern have not increased at least as much as they have added to the retail pricing.

#605 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Gary's reaction seeing people defend the price increases.
    [quoted image]

So you honestly think that the cost of building a machine hasn't gone up in equal percentage to the price increase(s) that has been passed along? Seriously? Look around you. This is not some conspiracy theory. This is a once in a lifetime worldwide disaster we have been in for 18+ months now. Certain sectors have been affected more than others. Manufacturing (especially in the US) is had been really hit hard. Costs are way up and parts availability is way down. Personally, I would bet Stern's profit margin per machine is less now than it was two years ago. Not to mention if the number of machines being shipped is way down because of shutdowns and parts shortages, overall profits will be way down too.

#607 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Umm, you actually do play the BOM, that’s the point.

Not when the BOM includes all kinds of wiring, transformers, circuit boards, connectors and labor costs that could be eliminated with a better system design.

#618 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I have 2 working pins at the present time, Mando LE and MMR. The Mando LE easily feels substantial, IMO, in comparision to MMR. Over time, who knows? Seems for now though that Mando LE is a well executed design and built like a tank.

I kind of wish they could cut another hundred pounds out of them to save my poor back moving them around!

Feel is relative to setup. Tighten the leg bolts a little extra and put the game on rubber feet and any game feels like it weighs 1000 pounds.

#680 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

Even the "fire knocker" icon still has a plunger...
    not only does the 2021-built game not have a real knocker, neither does the 1999 one. Both digital.

All of my Sterns right up to and including 2021 have real knockers and I'm glad the menu is there to enable and test them.

#734 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

One area of sales not truly explored yet is pushing people with a cabins to buy a pin for that second house. On rainy days we would play dice and board games. Having a pin on a rainy day at the cabin would be bliss.

Seems like we are seeing that more and more in rental cabins in the Smoky Mountains. Unfortunately pinball machines still aren't nearly as common as pool tables or video games at this point, but better than nothing. Some day I hope to own one of those cabins and obviously it will have at least one pin.

#794 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I don't think anyone is happy about it, its just that some of us realize that a big portion of it is just it being an unavoidable evil.

Let's not try to bring reason or civility to a thread titled "F You Stern". Just go along with the blind negativity and be a curmudgeon like the rest of them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.