Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider explosiveegg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#738 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

For me, it's just the how fast and the amount of increase which is pissing people off. It would be less of an aggrevation if the dollar for a title doesn't change and only increases on new titles. It even sucks for non NIB buyers because prices of used games float up with the NIB prices.

I'm more annoyed that the thousands of people who had preorders in are now expecting to pay $500-$1000 more for essentially nothing. I think most companies would respect a preorder price. Especially because a lot of those preorders were supposed to be out by now but keep getting delayed.

I'm in that camp with an EHOH. They're essentially saying, by the way, we didn't make enough last run to get you your preorder, so it's delayed until 2022, and by the way, since we delayed it to 2022, it's going to cost $500 more dollars. To me, that is a shitty thing to do.

The price increase is expecting. Everything in the US is up in price. We are all aware that the lumber they need, the labor, and the microchips have all gone up significantly in the last year. And that is the stuff we're aware of because it effects other industries. I would be surprised if the other mechs didn't rise as well.

Not getting political here, as there is good and bad from the situation, but it's interesting to see what adding 20% to the money pool through these stimulus packages on top of a pandemic which stopped manufacturing for a while will do. I think we're just seeing that start of things going up.

#742 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

While ideal that is super rare to see.
    Look at concerts, limited edition clothing, high end watches, NFTs, etc etc. if the qty is limited theres the value.
    Not saying it’s right just the nature of the beast of living in an deflationary currency with limited asset.

I just don't think a company that has been around as long as Stern should still be taking preorders and not respecting them.

A preorder where you have to put a thousand dollars down, to me is a lock in that when this comes off the assembly line you'll get it at the agreed upon price. They literally are taking money at the time of pre-ordering to hold the spot, then upping the price. It's shitty of them to do. And it's not the first time they've done it. I bet this bs has impacted a large number of buyers by now, combining everytime they've done it. It will make me a lot less likely to buy again in the future.

I'm sure if you pre-ordered anything you listed above, they would respect the price. I'm saying it makes sense that the price is going up, but it's shitty of Stern to screw over people who preorder. Which then makes distributors look bad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider explosiveegg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases?tu=explosiveegg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.