Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,216 posts
  • 280 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by kool1
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif
    10E44B61-1E4C-45E9-BBDA-7564B60A38F4.gif
    F3616058-5F66-431E-8798-A832D5BE4CDD (resized).png
    200.gif
    mcribby2 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 11.17.18 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 11.16.36 AM (resized).png
    C29C7B68-5B04-4F51-8E1A-B14E31D0E25C.gif
    Messages Image(4099927298) (resized).png
    steam-train.gif
    PXL_20210920_055315863 (resized).jpg
    8FAD9293-B096-435D-A693-1E60B7B7DEC1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#266 40 days ago

I had been out on Sterns since JJP and Spooky upped their game, now it's official.

This new pricing structure is insulting...Their quality sucks, cheap, plastic pro for 6800?!!! Completely Absurd Gary!!!

#573 39 days ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Maybe if big companies paid a livable wage for manufacturing and other jobs there wouldn't BE a labor shortage.

Go back to your moms basement...

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Painfully clear not many here have a clue on what it takes to survive and profit in MFG. the cost of all raw materials has risen steadily over the past few years. The cost of any outside services needed have risen as well. Not to mention the huge costs of employees - increased wages as well as huge increases in health care. Nothing is cheap these days and you’d have to be completely naive or have your head burried in the sand as to expect pricing to remain the same in a luxury hobby like this during a 2 year pandemic. Sure I’m not thrilled with it but it is what it is. Welcome to reality.
    People complaining about a luxury toy price increase while millions are struggling to keep a roof over their heads and their family fed…

Easy solution, stop paying guys.

7k for a pro is absurd. I’m out, more will follow.

#580 39 days ago
    Quoted from NPO:

You're kidding, right? Your banality would make me want to throw up on the person next to me (bonus points if you get the reference).
    You do realize what I meant by this comment is it is an employee's market right now, right? Some people are realizing they don't have to put up with low wages and have options. Some people are taking the extra money and making advancements in their careers, or going back to school and getting the education and qualifications they need to go farther in life than food services or retail. That's what I am getting at and for big companies to quick taking record profits and give it back to the people that allow such profits to occur - the common worker - not stockholders and "administration".
    Did you all REALLY think I was ok with people just sitting home and "staying in their mom's basement" living off the government? As an active duty service member, it sickens me that people cash hand-out checks.
    Hope that clears that up. Now if you'll excuse me, my mom just said my Fruity Pebbles are ready and my retro-80s cartoons are about to come on so I can sit in my TMNT tightey-whiteys all day. There's like 25 basement stairs to go up, and I have to hold my stomach out of the way to see my feet so I can properly traverse the stairs. This may take a couple tries so I need to hurry. If I hurry, I get donuts and tatertots for lunch.

It’s not an “employees market”. Stimulus money has caused a lot of the labor issues. How do you expect people to be motivated to go to work when they are making more sitting home in their couch.

It’s Time for everyone to get back to work.

Problem is that This inflation isn’t transitory like Powell would want(hope) to believe, the extra stimulus money has caused this inflation and its here to stay.

Hope you enjoy paying 9k for your Stern Premiums.

#606 39 days ago
    Quoted from John_I:

So you honestly think that the cost of building a machine hasn't gone up in equal percentage to the price increase(s) that has been passed along? Seriously? Look around you. This is not some conspiracy theory. This is a once in a lifetime worldwide disaster we have been in for 18+ months now. Certain sectors have been affected more than others. Manufacturing (especially in the US) is had been really hit hard. Costs are way up and parts availability is way down. Personally, I would bet Stern's profit margin per machine is less now than it was two years ago. Not to mention if the number of machines being shipped is way down because of shutdowns and parts shortages, overall profits will be way down too.

No, it hasn’t. Stern should chill on pumping out 3 new titles a year considering they are backed up on everything.

#779 37 days ago
    Quoted from ChadKeller:

This is going on in everything. As long as the government keeps giving out free money it creates artificial demand that wouldn't be there without the free government money. When this stops things will settle back a bit I think. Very bad time to buy pinball machines.

Yeah, but it won’t. This isn’t transitory inflation, once Stern realizes they can get away with these price hikes, because most on this thread will still buy NIB, then they aren’t just going to drop prices in a year.

1 week later
    #1057 26 days ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Barry stepped up and took care of me first class.
    You are not acting first class.
    JJP+1

Agreed

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsmoke1986.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside