Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WJxxxx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#139 2 years ago

For all those people saying that A pro or Prem or Le is not worth X amount.

It clearly is WORTH that amount, or they wouldn't sell. They may not be worth that mount to YOU, but what YOU are prepared to pay for a machine does not govern the prices Stern (or anyone else can charge).

Covid, Brexit, Inflation, BOM, Supply Issues, Rising price of components, Weather are all just red herrings when it comes to pricing.

Demand is far outstripping capacity to supply - therefore Stern would be mad to not raise their prices.
    Once demand starts to reduce and get closer to supply capacity - prices will stabilise.

IF it ever gets to the case that demand drops off far below supply, they will have to reduce prices further. If that means that they have to lower the price below what is profitable for them they will shut up shop.

Stern is a business. They are not a charity, they are not in it to 'promote pinball' (other than to increase demand for their own product).
    You are not entitled to a machine and what YOU can afford.

FWIW a PRO in the UK is £7,100 = $9,818. I would happily pay what you guys in US are paying for your machines - but everyone thinks that THEY are entitled to it cheaper, but will happily get as much as they can when trying to sell it. Or that they should have a wage increase above and beyond everyone else.

As pinball becomes more popular, and more people want to own one, prices will rise - it really is basic economics.

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

I see this being said a lot and this would be true if there are no machines for sale. But there are plenty of machines for sale new or used.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/new-games

This is a thread about Stern NIB prices - That is the supply & demand being discussed.

Although I see you replied with the exact same comment on a similar thread 5 days ago. So either you are being deliberately obtuse, don't understand written English, or trolling.

#156 2 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Sure is that's why i had new first, Same thing plenty of machines to choose from.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/new-games

Are you going to post the same link every time?

Which has 48 out of stock items on it - and none in the UK anyway.

Completely irrelevant.

#205 2 years ago

Comparing prices in US & UK

Average salary in US = $53,500
    Price of Pro in US = $7,000

It takes 48 days for someone on average salary to be able to afford a Pro in the US

Average salary in UK =£29,600
    Price of Pro in UK = £7,100

It takes 88 days for someone on average salary to be able to afford a Pro in the UK

Obviously that's before tax and other expenses such as rent, electricity, food, etc. are even taken in to account.

#209 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

are you a robot? do you take shelter under a bridge? lol
    what kind of mathematical equation is this?
    lol now seriously, I make a lot more than that, and I can't save this in 48 days...

If you want all the workings out I can do so, but seeing as you don't appreciate that a new sentence starts with a capital letter, I'm not sure that you'd be able to follow.

#229 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

please, illuminate us with your mathematical skills from your mom's basement.

For the hard of understanding.

$53,500 pa = $53,500/365 (days in a year) = $147 per day
    $7,000 / $147 = 48 days

Hardly rocket science

#730 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

Lol. The whole thing needs replaced of course, but it's funny to see how exact it still is from day 1.
    Even the "fire knocker" icon still has a plunger...
    not only does the 2021-built game not have a real knocker, neither does the 1999 one. Both digital.
    So many levels deep in the outdated wormhole

And the Outlook icon for email is an envelope, the save icon is a floppy disc.

No need to change them at all.

1 month later
    #1211 2 years ago
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WJxxxx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases?tu=WJxxxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.