Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnTTwo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#225 2 years ago

So if prices dropped more people would (may) buy new pins.

If more people buy new pins more pins are in the market and may come up for sale.

More pins coming up for sale as used would drop the price of pins.

Why would anyone who is into pins want the used price of pins to drop?

I am all for pinflation and I just really entered the hobbie.

#254 2 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. There are lot of high end buyers that just want the most expensive model no matter what. That's why the LE's sell out so quickly and also why $1000+ toppers fly off the shelf. These buyers don't care what they are getting for their money, so much as they want to be able to brag about having the 'best' model. Charge $15k+ for the LE's and leave the Pro/Premium pricing where it's at. The LE's will still sell, imho.

Or afraid of dying with money in the bank doing them no good.

#401 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I bought 2 sea-doos at the beginning of the summer for $11k and we have had more fun with those things than I ever have with a single machine.

What would you guess those sea-doos will be worth in 10 years?

#449 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

But what's it worth to be outdoors, on the water, total freedom. Priceless!

I’ll be on the water this weekend total money pit no way to recoup the expenses. Fun and worth it though! Comparing pin cost to boat outdoors is complete opposite of each other.

#482 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

To me the true cost is not $10k - when you can own them for years and resell them for a good chunk of their original value
    If I buy a machine for $10k - play and enjoy it for 3 years and then sell if for $7k (which is probably a low figure) - Who cares? $1000/year to have a pinball machine in my basement is worth it to me.
    I have 5 machines which seems like a good number to me.
    Maybe those with mega collections should consider trimming the heard to the ones they enjoy the most.
    I don't understand a basement with 20 machines, how often can you play each one?

I am not up to 20 yet but hope to be soon. I have like 15 now and can tell you what is awesome about it is playing them. Seems I get tuned into 1 or 2 of them for like 2 weeks and then move on to new ones. I can't believe I am currently hooked on Addams again, last night I completed 2 mansion tours in one game, and for a sucky player like me that is big, my best game ever on that machine. People always ask what is my favorite game? I honestly can't answer that. JP was hot when I first got it and haven't played it in month. But it is awesome and I am sure will be calling be back. I can tell you when I have friends over who are not pinheads the list is simple

Willy Wonka
    Addams Fam
    Medieval Mad
    Attack from Mars
    AC/DC
    I am shocked people do not jump to Twilight Zone

One more reason I want a ton of games, I live a 1/2 hour from the closest sites to play and it is sad when the flippers don't work right, ramp doesn't register, glass is dirty etc. Very few places keep their games tight and right, Hudson WI Tap Room is a very nice place to play but the sound is way down. I can tell you AC/DC at volume 48 is a different experience for me and many others. And I despise the grimy flipper buttons

#492 2 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

The thing that drives people nuts is that you're profit-taking on game you decided you don't want. If you just decided you don't want it after learning the details, why not just let it go at cost to someone who does want it?

When you are ready to sell you home for what you paid for it please let me know.

#507 2 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Did I pre-order a home before it was built just so some other homeowner couldn't get their hands on it only to sell it back to them at a markup?
    Maybe try a comparison that makes some sense.
    I'm not saying they don't have the right to ask whatever the hell they want for it, I'm just saying it irks most people.

Agreed anytime I am spending more for something someone paid less for it kinda irks me, not so much as I get older.

#508 2 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

The two things are nothing alike. One is selling at market value a product you own, the other is scalping.

Market value is the amount a scalper can get. I am thankful for scalpers I enjoy row one of concerts, the only way I really want to go now a days. My last 3 concerts were all Coldplay in different cities without the scalpers I would not have attended one of the shows. I don't care what they make I am willing to pay the market value to sit where I want to sit. For the record I am a construction worker, who grow up, part of my childhood on welfare.

#509 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

If you really want an LE, wait it out…they might buckle at MSRP (or less) when they realize no ones biting.

The problem with this is I do not think many LE buyers bought them on credit cards or leveraged at all. That is most pinball owners for that matter and one reason the prices don't and won't come down. People with money to buy games for cash understand they have no pressure to sell, less selling = higher prices

#513 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Well I hate scalpers now. I'd never want it to be known I was at a coldplay concert and they apparently are enabling such abhorrent behavior

Nah I can tell you what is cool at a Cold play event and I have seen it all three times in row one is this. The very best 2 seats in the elbow of the stage are given out to random fans already in the house. They go get some rabid fans with Cold Play signs and or other rabib fans stuff shirts with lights in them etc. I have chatted with these lucky folks twice and both of them came out out of the nose bleed areas, and a Cold Play reps says hey would you like to sit down lower and bring them to the best seats. By far my favorite shows in the music industry

#550 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Well since you ask they have doubled in price since I bought them in Feb. Boats/skis skyrocketed just like pinball machines if not more, but even if they didn't the fun value was way higher than a pinball machine.

That’s awesome! It’s usually on the buy side when someone makes money.

They haven’t doubled around here, up but not double again congrats and I am happy for you.

#552 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Well since you ask they have doubled in price since I bought them in Feb. Boats/skis skyrocketed just like pinball machines if not more, but even if they didn't the fun value was way higher than a pinball machine.

I am into racing and riding dirt bikes. I get it man. Try out a dirt bike. Seems like me and everyone else on a Sea Doo is always looking to jump it. So just get a machine made to jump. I am almost 60 still doing 90 footers.

#578 2 years ago

If Godzilla LE is paid in full can it go up in price?

#610 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

You can’t play the BOM. Stern’s pins are just more fun to play IMO. Who gives a shit how the lockbar and head are secured? And I used to think wooden heads were better than metal, but now I don’t care. It sounds like you guys are upset that Stern is better at being profitable than JJP.

Having both brands and yes some Sterns are really super cool and fun, but the newer ones really have a cheap feel to them, seems so light. You go from a classic like MM or AFM then a JJP then try to play a Stern they are just so light compared to the others, I was thinking maybe some sand bags in them would make them feel more beefy.

#674 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Gonna need to see a pic of said 90 footer for proof. I used to huck ATV's a lot and I was pretty darn good at it. 90 foot is a big jump even on a dirt bike.
    Also check out the yamaha wave blaster if you want a dirt bike experience on water

We have what we call an old man track, not one double all table tops and the long ones have that perfect long downhill landing ramp you can land 70-100 with zero issue heck probably the only bad landing area is at about the 35' mark other than that short or long no worries. Nice straight launching ramps. I want him to build a supercross finish line jump where you are never off the ground more than 2 feet, he said it will look like a big ta ta!

It is a long way and I hate the thought of not being able to do it much longer as I am getting older.

Yeah the wave blasters are fun, but I think the Kawi Jet skis are the most like a dirt bike.

#686 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Ah long rollers and tabletops...I guess that makes a little more sense. Heres a pic of me in my younger days. This was maybe 55-60 foot so thats why I was questioning you a bit
    As for the jet ski's are you talking about the x2 or a stand up? Kawi stand ups suck compared to the yamahas and the x2 is cool but has nothing on the waveblaster. WB is way more a dirtbike experience than a standup too. Unfortunately WB prices have skyrocketed lately too
    [quoted image]

Wow that’s awesome, I was to scared to jump a wheeler. Just never seemed like I could control it in the air like a bike. There is no better feeling to me then zero G’s and flying. Better then cracking a nut. The only double I really do now is Millville in the back and that’s only cuz I don’t wanna be landed on.

#731 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

less and less being able to play. To boot it will probably mean gaining new interested coming in to a complete standstill. Why wouldn`t that effect and bother all the people who likes the hobby?

Realty is to many people to quickly coming into pinball. Leading to not enough supply.

One area of sales not truly explored yet is pushing people with a cabins to buy a pin for that second house. On rainy days we would play dice and board games. Having a pin on a rainy day at the cabin would be bliss.

#796 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Had to eat once every other day as a kid and lived in condemned apartments. Now I own pins. Life is a journey.

At least there are 2 of us on this site

#876 2 years ago

Even if Stern's costs dropped 10% they would be foolish not to raise prices in this market.
    They can't build the games fast enough to supply the ones they have sold.
    People are high on FOMO and can't seem to buy these games fast enough.
    From their perspective, why not raise prices and see what the market will tolerate.
    As long as they are selling a shit load of machines sight unseen ... they are on the right path for their company

Just so I get this right you don't think Stern should consider what some guy on pinside with feelings is saying about their prices and increases?

How will Stern survive

1 week later
    #1056 2 years ago

NOPE. I would never wish ill will on anyone
    What I am actually really hoping is that:
    - JJP owns up to the issue
    - JJP can state they are 90%+ positive it's been fixed going forward
    - JJP shows they accept responsibility for issue and takes care of customers with bad PFs (selling them a new PF is not it)
    I want them to do all this so I can regain confidence in the company and buy a future machine from them

Barry stepped up and took care of me first class.

You are not acting first class.

JJP+1

#1070 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

They why are there so many people still bitching? Why didnt they take care of my buddy, who has bought multiple JJP.
    NOT FIRST CLASS.

I don't know was he professional in his request? Calm, treat Barry with respect? Act like a spoiled kid? Freak out? Act like a Dbag online?

Probably lots of factors I have no idea on but can definitely tell you Barry and JJP did me 100% right, and it sure seemed to turn this summer. Playfields are good now, JJP customer service is up, awesome game, life is good for me.

After I get taken care of after complaining it is my duty to be honest and let folks know I was taken care of and in this case above and beyond thanks Barry and JJP!

#1073 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

You are not helping your peers really. The fact that you were taken care and then coming in here to minimize the issues of others, which are well documented, is insulting to say the least.
    JJP screwed a lot of people over, unintentionally and their response was subpar.
    You might have had a good experience, but that does not mean it is the same for everybody else.

My apologies I should have just said I don’t know why.

#1098 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

yup. and it looks like they will be reducing the number of dp premium units on the next run as well.

This should help drive pinflation

#1101 2 years ago

Is shipping free to distros and then they just skim a shipping fee on top of it?

1 week later
    #1195 2 years ago
    Quoted from flipperstick:

The new Wonka (LE) release jumped from $9,500 to $11,000.

Did I read it sold out already?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnTTwo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases?tu=JohnTTwo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.