Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

This gave me the push to pick up an Alien - hey Melissa!

All I need is for another 500 something people to do the same and maybe I can afford a new Stern.

#72 2 years ago

I'm working on building up my creative workshop. One of the things I've invested in is a CNC. Who knows, maybe I'll work on pinball mods again.

In the meantime it's looking like it's going to be a month later than expected to get it, hopefully November. The people who do the aluminum extrusion are backed up, they can't service all their customers. The powder coaters used to have a 3 day turnaround. Now it's 21 days.

Supply chains are f'd all over. It's not just the chip shortages. Am I happy about price increases? Hell no, but tbh I was already not buying, it doesn't change anything for me. My pain point is long passed, they're just games, ain't worth the coin to me. I have other ways to have fun.

But I do think you have to understand that the pricing pressures are very real, and a lot of companies just don't have much choice. They can't get their product built quickly anymore. I have to think Stern is feeling it too, and I do feel for them.

Just, not in a way where my sympathy is making me open my wallet.

#75 2 years ago

I sold most of my collection to friends, gave everyone a fair price, often what I paid. Wasn't trying to fleece people I knew. If I'd held on a few years could I have made more money? Sure, but the space was freed up for other pursuits, I have no regrets.

But I was talking with a dealer friend the other day and he was telling me current prices. The White Water I sold a friend for $4k going for $8k now etc. It's just crazy town to me. Pandemic put a lot of extra pressure on prices for sure.

Forget the Banning auction, as someone who's been in the hobby for years, and been around a lot of games and sales, I honestly have no clue what anything is worth anymore. My meter is broken.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases?tu=Aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.