Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

There are 1,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.
    #1301 2 years ago

So... how's everyone 's new Stern Pinball going? Godzilla LE will be here next week

#1302 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

No retroactive price increase. If they have stock of games built before GZ, old price.

For the record, Pinballs.com did do this. Their older TMNTs were at the newer prices. The higher price was showing on in stock pins before they released the newer connected machines. Why? Because they can. Sad but true.

#1303 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

For the record, Pinballs.com did do this. Their older TMNTs were at the newer prices. The higher price was showing on in stock pins before they released the newer connected machines. Why? Because they can. Sad but true.

Yep.

The JP Pro I bought in November had the new price (-$200 because no IC) and when I got it the build date was December 2020.

It wasn't pinballs.com though, which was the only other site that had one in stock out of every distributer/vendor listed on Stern's site. It was pinballpros.net and they just had an overall better price shipped so I went with them. It ended up being a great experience for my first pinball purchase.

Also, pinballs.com had quoted me the old price literally 2.5 weeks before I was ready to purchase but by that time his price was raised and he would not honor the original price he quoted me, even though I have it in an email he sent. So that was another reason they lost my business.

#1304 2 years ago

yea I saw pinballs.com have mando premium at 9300. So even a bump up on the new prices

#1305 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

yea I saw pinballs.com have mando premium at 9300. So even a bump up on the new prices

They inflate almost all their prices. I would never buy a pin from them

#1306 2 years ago

Cointaker has $6700 Rush Pro (advertised price) vs. $6900 (or more) advertised by almost everyone else.

#1307 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Cointaker has $6700 Rush Pro (advertised price) vs. $6900 (or more) advertised by almost everyone else.

Is that with shipping?

#1308 2 years ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

Is that with shipping?

That's what it looks like.

https://cointaker.com/products/rush-pro-pinball-stern

#1309 2 years ago

At this point it’s “F you everybody for raising prices,” right?

We aren’t still blaming this all on Stern are we? Their pros seem like bargains now.

#1310 2 years ago

so far cointaker at least for me has been at or under msrp without shipping charges. Obviously thats all subject to change in this market. But they have my business for the most part as long as they keep it that way.

#1311 2 years ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

Is that with shipping?

No tax, free shipping.

#1312 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

The last BM66 Premium that they had in stock at the end of the year, they listed at $12K. I checked to see if it was still there just before end of ‘21 and it was no longer listed so I assume it sold. I would have loved to have a ‘66 in my collection, but it was already overpriced when the first price increase happened last year. There’s just not enough in that game to justify IMO.

#1313 2 years ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

They inflate almost all their prices. I would never buy a pin from them

They were high but still reasonable on their used selection, but at the end of last year they bumped up almost everything by at least $1K.

#1314 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

No tax, free shipping.

I paid a deposit with rescue 911 but I’m supposed to be on the first run coming out so 6899 I’ll live with. Although i will be bummed if I don’t get on the first run. I also bought a pin from them in the past but I’ll have to keep CoinTaker in mind if they are under msrp

#1315 2 years ago

Has to be - the OP is selling NIB sterns himself for well above msrp.

Dont blame him - maybe the difference can afford him a new game.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We aren’t still blaming this all on Stern are we? Their pros seem like bargains now.

#1316 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Has to be - the OP is selling NIB sterns himself for well above msrp.
    Dont blame him - maybe the difference can afford him a new game.

It is interesting how he complained about it being a problem and now he is part of what he called out as a problem. Didn’t take him long to write off stern I guess. He said they went too far. Shit if he is making 600 more off a pro they probably didn’t go far enough

#1317 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Agreed.

I've seen that trend also. I have no problem with getting fair market value for your used pins that you are selling, but when people sell used pins with no insider connect and you have to pick it up for the same price as NiB (delivered to your place) or sometimes more, it's a bit sad. I understand that manufactures can't supply everything but it seems some people are in it just to profit and taking advantage of the supply and demand. Then some of those will turn around and complain about the price increase... Lol.

Haven't been in this hobby long, but that is what I have been seeing, maybe a bit more apparent in Canada because the supply is even lower, but it should be a community that helps each other.

Again, I am not saying to give your pins away, but just consider all aspect before just tagging NiB prices on used Pins....

I know there are some exceptions with some pins model, but I am only talking about in general.

#1318 2 years ago

F You OP and your price increases!!

Is he really scalping games now? That’s rich.

#1319 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

F You OP and your price increases!!
    Is he really scalping games now? That’s rich.

Yup. Gotta love hypocrites.

Market (resized).JPGMarket (resized).JPG
    #1320 2 years ago

Ah…so it’s ok for Weir to sell NIB stern pros for $7500, but when Stern sells them for $6700 they are monsters who have “crossed the line” and need to be told F You.

Classic.

It’s amazing how many people in this hobby have their heads up their own.

Really puts this post in perspective doesn’t it?

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Looks like I'm going to write off buying sterns - with the new price hike - I just cancelled my deadpool order - It's to a point where they crossed the line. Bummer because they have some titles I still wanted to get. Someone has to start saying no - Looks like I'll be one of them.

#1321 2 years ago

Does anyone know why Automated is selling Mando & Zepplin premiums for 9300 & the other Stern premiums are 8900?? Is it a mistake or did Stern raise prices again or is this just Automated pricing high?

#1322 2 years ago

What a hypocrite. If you can't beat'em, join'em...amirite?

#1323 2 years ago

This, and other posts like it, are so rich with hypocrites. Damn Stern for price increases? Eff most of you. Between rampant flipping of NIB games and even spots to buy games at significant premiums and the ungodly asking prices for used games, why wouldn't manufacturers ask for more? You guys are willingly paying it.

Example: Stranger Things Premium. I want one. And I've been looking for one within distance to pickup for 5 months. The game was going for $9-$9.5K, which is still a hell of a bump from the $7699 MSRP. Now, the last three games have been listed for between $11 and $12 with a new listing for $12.5. And you guys are buying them?!?

So, here's the message to Stern... "Its not okay for you to take rapacious profits. You have to stick to your pricing. However, we can buy your games and sell them at considerable profit while doing nothing more than being a middleman."

#1324 2 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

So, here's the message to Stern... "Its not okay for you to take rapacious profits. You have to stick to your pricing. However, we can buy your games and sell them at considerable profit while doing nothing more than being a middleman."

Imagine when Stern says "Well hell, if these people are going to be flipping our games for $11k, we'll just sell them for $11k".

#1325 2 years ago

Can we please change the thread title to "F you WeirPinball and your price increases" since he raised the price $600 over Sterns price.

#1326 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Imagine when Stern says "Well hell, if these people are going to be flipping our games for $11k, we'll just sell them for $11k".

That is EXACTLY what Stern is looking at. This is a for-profit venture. People are selling spots for games at a premium. That means there is a profit for a third-party before goods are even delivered. What sane businessman funds third-party profiteering? What do the middlemen bring to the table? They aren't even holding goods now, or if so, for a very short interval; there is no intellectual property being added; there is no material value being added. In short, the market is telling Stern..."YOU SHOULD CHARGE MORE FOR YOUR PINBALL MACHINES".

And frankly, the distributor model is/should be in question at this point. It isn't needed and it's just another party taking a bite from additional profits Stern could have. Why on Earth doesn't Stern (or anyone) just drop ship pinballs? Distributors aren't doing warranty work. They don't have or need physical showrooms. They are even marking up prices from MSRP now. Just another group of dudes making easy money from a rabid group of consumers.

I swear to God, many of you don't even have an inkling of economics.

#1327 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Can we please change the thread title to "F you WeirPinball and your price increases" since he raised the price $600 over Sterns price.

As requested - title changed. As someone said - can't beat them, join them.

#1328 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

As requested - title changed. As someone said - can't beat them, join them.

But make sure you bitch and whine like a mule before you do.

#1329 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

But make sure you bitch and whine like a mule before you do.

Yea, after looking for a JP premium huo for my own use and not finding one under 12k I had to say enough is enough. Why let everyone else drive up the price when I can do it single handedly. Lets say for example you buy a pro from a distributor. They charge retail +100 + a shipment cost even though I'm picking up the game and not getting it drop shipped. Then you add on 7% OH taxes and you are now up to $7600. So I guess selling them for $7500 is ripping people off. That is not a made up number - true prices. I have people asking me to find all these nib games and alot are premiums and it is hard enough finding any pros in stock anywhere. So am I part of the problem? Yes

I've also called numerous distros just to hear "someone came in earlier this week and bought every NIB I had" or "we are going to the preorder only model". Demand is so high right now - never seen anything like it.

#1330 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Then you add on 7% OH taxes

Heck, it's as high as 8% depending on the county (in Ohio). So few people figure in sales tax because it is not automatically added to the bill when dealing with most small out-of-state businesses. We all pay that sales tax when it comes to tax season, though, right?

#1331 2 years ago

I’ll sell you my JP Premium for $11,999.

In all seriousness, I am probably selling it but no idea what to list it for yet. I have seen other JP Premiums for less than 12k. Not NIB but great condition.

#1332 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity199:

I’ll sell you my JP Premium for $11,999.
    In all seriousness, I am probably selling it but no idea what to list it for yet. I have seen other JP Premiums for less than 12k. Not NIB but great condition.

The difference for me is I can wait for a NIB if I have to, so for me to buy a HUO it has to be less than what a NIB would cost. With the shortage, I don't blame anyone for asking what they are. Hell, if I had a collection of LEs (and I know people that do) I'd be listing them all for sale right now. I'm finally to the point where I have admitted to myself that if I sell something from my collection (which is tiny at this point) I won't be getting another. Funny, but pins are one of the few things beating inflation this year.

#1333 2 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

That is EXACTLY what Stern is looking at. This is a for-profit venture. People are selling spots for games at a premium. That means there is a profit for a third-party before goods are even delivered. What sane businessman funds third-party profiteering? What do the middlemen bring to the table? They aren't even holding goods now, or if so, for a very short interval; there is no intellectual property being added; there is no material value being added. In short, the market is telling Stern..."YOU SHOULD CHARGE MORE FOR YOUR PINBALL MACHINES".
    And frankly, the distributor model is/should be in question at this point. It isn't needed and it's just another party taking a bite from additional profits Stern could have. Why on Earth doesn't Stern (or anyone) just drop ship pinballs? Distributors aren't doing warranty work. They don't have or need physical showrooms. They are even marking up prices from MSRP now. Just another group of dudes making easy money from a rabid group of consumers.
    I swear to God, many of you don't even have an inkling of economics.

don't distributors buy big lots vs one to one sales?

Does stern have the room to stock orders? room to do one to one shipping? Room for mass Local pickup? Yes people will drive an bit to save on $$$ on shipping. Still have to pay taxes but the rules have changed a lot over the years.

distributors may be good for over seas.

#1334 2 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Why on Earth doesn't Stern (or anyone) just drop ship pinballs?

They do - but you still have to go through a distro to get it drop shipped.

#1335 2 years ago

It's a shitty reality but if the manufacturer doesn't raise prices in the face of massive demand it just means flippers will do it for them.

Raising prices is meant to reduce demand so that an equilibrium between supply and demand can be found. If the manufacturer ignores the situation someone else makes the profit for being a useless middleman.

Proof of this is PS5 and video card flipping right now. It's a lot worse in that world since most people can't afford to buy pins in bulk, but for PS5 and video cards it's a lot easier. The flippers bring nothing to the market and it would be more beneficial overall if the manufacturer was making the extra profit and not some random guy who has a bot that buys every new item when it comes in stock.

The best thing that can be done is waiting lists where you have to sign up with the manufacturer and they prevent people from hoarding. It's not perfect since people can game those systems but it is sure better than the alternative. EVGA started using a waiting list so people can actually buy without being front run and it seems to help the situation a little.

Not a perfect analog but Stossel explains a bit about how raising prices in the face of too much demand can sometimes improve the situation. If prices keep rising you're going to see more and more pinball manufacturers getting into the game and less people hoarding/flipping.

#1336 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Does anyone know why Automated is selling Mando & Zepplin premiums for 9300 & the other Stern premiums are 8900?? Is it a mistake or did Stern raise prices again or is this just Automated pricing high?

They are price gouging plain and simple..., so with shipping that Mando is going to cost you $9750! Just like others: pinballpro.net, greatamericanpinball.com, I could go on. That's crazy, when a place like Flip-in-Out or Cointaker can correctly sell the same machine for $8999 with free shipping! I wish Stern would stand between distributors and thier customers, and force them to align on MSRP and agreed upon margins. Any machine in current production needs to be MSRP. Distros don't get to jump on the scalping game, since they are the only retail outlet for Stern MSRP. Honestly, I'd rather pay Weir than a distro scalping. *shrug*

#1337 2 years ago
    Quoted from clearstar:

They are price gouging plain and simple...and they charge shipping $450, so that Mando is going to cost you $9750! Just like others: pinballpro.net, greatamericanpinball.com, I could go on. That's crazy, when a place like Flip-in-Out or Cointaker can correctly sell the same machine for $8999 with free shipping! I wish Stern would stand between distributors and thier customers, and force them to align on MSRP and agreed upon margins. Any machine in current production needs to be MSRP. Distros don't get to jump on the scalping game, since they are the only retail outlet for Stern MSRP. Honestly, I'd rather pay Weir than a distro scalping. *shrug*

You are skipping one vital component of pricing - you only get $8999 + free shipping if you preorder and it drop ships from stern. If you wait until they get it in hand - you have to pay additional shipping. That part isn't gouging it's just what it costs to ship from their warehouse.

#1338 2 years ago

Uhmmm. Still love it. Game only has 3 pooling post of which one is chipping. But on board for a 500 Dollar extra Playfield while i play the dickens out of the CE . Worth every dollar for this tank Machine over a Stern Homepin Spike Toy , No pinmonk Fans for coils . mine are fine no flip drag after hours of multi player play filled with many multiballs . also on first set of servos with no issue > guess lucky me . also If i go to sell with or with out the New PF i won't lose a dollar .. 1 of 500 AMEN is what it is like to say AND mean Limited but yet they do not call it that . happy to be one of 500 owners and feels good that a few of them i know are with the Band members themselves .. And as far as BOM price. Way more on the Cost@dollars to JJP Over Stern / just look under a playfield or in the heads of these games..lol no fkn comparison .

Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Says someone that bought a guns and roses ce!? you got ripped off horribly if you bought new and ESPECIALLY used. Talk about a low BOM compared to sticker price. Easily the worst offender game there is.

#1339 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

Uhmmm. Still love it. Game only has 3 pooling post of which one is chipping. But on board for a 500 Dollar extra Playfield while i play the dickens out of the CE . Worth every dollar for this tank Machine over a Stern Homepin Spike Toy , No pinmonk Fans for coils . mine are fine no flip drag after hours of multi player play filled with many multiballs . also on first set of servos with no issue > guess lucky me . also If i go to sell with or with out the New PF i won't lose a dollar .. 1 of 500 AMEN is what it is like to say AND mean Limited but yet they do not call it that . happy to be one of 500 owners and feels good that a few of them i know are with the Band members themselves .. And as far as BOM price. Way more on the Cost@dollars to JJP Over Stern / just look under a playfield or in the heads of these games..lol no fkn comparison .

Mmmmmmk dude. Sounds like a whole lotta justify my purchase right there. Enjoy your game from God!

#1340 2 years ago

lol .ok that is it. here is a cookie .

#1341 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

You are skipping one vital component of pricing - you only get $8999 + free shipping if you preorder and it drop ships from stern. If you wait until they get it in hand - you have to pay additional shipping. That part isn't gouging it's just what it costs to ship from their warehouse.

Yes, you are correct to an extent. I have purchased many of times from Operation Pinball, who does not charge me shipping of a game they have on hand. My Guardians was $5999 no shipping and it was their "last one". Wonderful people to work with. With that said, when you buy from the other distros "in question" here, they will charge shipping REGARDLESS of whether or not it is a pre-order. So, either they just have everything delivered to them, then send it back out, or they charge for drop ships too... that's really the point I'm making.

Either way, I will correct my post - as we know people can be sticklers for the nuance to one's statement.

#1342 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Yea, after looking for a JP premium huo for my own use and not finding one under 12k I had to say enough is enough. Why let everyone else drive up the price when I can do it single handedly. Lets say for example you buy a pro from a distributor. They charge retail +100 + a shipment cost even though I'm picking up the game and not getting it drop shipped. Then you add on 7% OH taxes and you are now up to $7600. So I guess selling them for $7500 is ripping people off. That is not a made up number - true prices. I have people asking me to find all these nib games and alot are premiums and it is hard enough finding any pros in stock anywhere. So am I part of the problem? Yes
    I've also called numerous distros just to hear "someone came in earlier this week and bought every NIB I had" or "we are going to the preorder only model". Demand is so high right now - never seen anything like it.

You are pretty lame. Seemed like you had so much conviction, yet bought for $600 or something...

#1344 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Mmmmmmk dude. Sounds like a whole lotta justify my purchase right there. Enjoy your game from God!

Always makes me LOL, the extent that people will go to justify their purchase to others (really themselves) on a public forum.
    If you are happy, awesome - go enjoy it. Nobody really cares that much.

#1345 2 years ago

Justification makes me laugh.. Here is the deal. Buy what you like. Enjoy what you like. Do not like what you do not. easy.
    Gnr Is a masterpiece. For me.
    Be that as it may . The end

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Always makes me LOL, the extent that people will go to justify their purchase to others (really themselves) on a public forum.
    If you are happy, awesome - go enjoy it. Nobody really cares that much.

#1346 2 years ago

try Justifying paying any more than 5k for spike games.. ! Do that ..Lol Be it HOMEPIN/ Or LE Same shit..Lomalolaolaollamama

#1347 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

Justification makes me laugh.. Here is the deal. Buy what you like. Enjoy what you like. Do not like what you do not. easy.
    Gnr Is a masterpiece. For me.
    Be that as it may . The end

Quoted from PinFever:

try Justifying paying any more than 5k for spike games.. ! Do that ..Lol Be it HOMEPIN/ Or LE Same shit..Lomalolaolaollamama

Understood - GNR is awesome, better than stern and homepin, and worth what you paid despite the poor quality PF.
    I got it

#1348 2 years ago

i will take my 3 pooling posts on the best Artwork on a Sparkle Playfield over that Guys Godzilla LE with the Vertical Grainy Lines under the clearcoat any day where is Sterns PlayField quality at ? Look . it is a crapshoot with any Manufacturer . None seem to have their shit together so why try and stand in any of their corners .
    Honestly Both need to Be better At Quality Control and you know it.

#1349 2 years ago

Just came by to check if pinfever was still talking to himself- yep.

#1350 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Not true, I've always gotten good pricing from FlipNout and a lot of time the games are delivered and Zach even helps me set them up. Just buy from the closest distributer across state lines and go get it if they won't deliver it.

There are 1,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases/page/27?hl=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.