Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif
    There are 1,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 28.
    #1151 2 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Are you serious that's insane?!?! Christ back in October of 2019 I paid $5600 shipped for my DP pro from Automated

Yup.
    I wish I had ordered then.

#1152 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

How about paying 300 to 500 to put a nuclear reactor (pin stadiums) in a brand new game - I have to wear sunglasses to play even without them. I don't get it.

Absolute insanity....

#1153 2 years ago

This is not a pinball bubble. Games will continue to increase in value; especially well maintained games that you can no longer buy. As the tech gets better( Thank you JJP), so will the popularity of the hobby. There is a finite amount of machines that are no longer in production, and those games are in high demand. They will only become more scarce as the hobby grows. You will never see a nice condition IJ sell for anything less than 7k; unless the seller does not know what he is doing, or he is doing someone a favor. Lets be real. If you could short the value of pinball machines you would surely lose a lot of money. If there were 1000 IJ machines out there for 4k, they would sell out in hours . There simply is not enough inventory to go around and feed the demand. I am selling machines faster than I can buy and shop them ... My only problem is that sellers do not understand that shopped and error free games are worth more than player quality machines that have not been shopped in 30 years ....

#1154 2 years ago

What a shit show! Everywhere!!

#1155 2 years ago

Increasing $200-$300 every other year or so like it has is enflation. $1000 and a monthly subscription fee is robbery.

#1156 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Increasing $200-$300 every other year or so like it has is enflation. $1000 and a monthly subscription fee is robbery.

Yup. And I asked to be robbed so there’s that.

#1157 2 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You forgot floor mats and destination fee...

Don't forget keys...

#1158 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Welp, I did it:
    Paid the extra for a Deadpool pro.
    So, after tax, prep, dealer options and and dock fees.
    A stern pro nib is 7k.
    Yeah, this will be my only nib.
    Unless I hit the lottery.

It is what it is.

Lucky a few months ago I was able to sneak in under the wire with a JP premium (no tax or shipping) $7700 with shaker.

I'm paying $3400 more for my Godzilla LE

#1159 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Welp, I did it:
    Paid the extra for a Deadpool pro.
    So, after tax, prep, dealer options and and dock fees.
    A stern pro nib is 7k.
    Yeah, this will be my only nib.
    Unless I hit the lottery.

Don’t feel too bad paying extra. Sounds like no NIBs will be available until 2022 with the price increase, which will probably be mid 6kish. You paid a bit extra, but none of us are getting the $5.6k pro NIB it seems. Have fun and enjoy it!

#1160 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Everyone in the USA... F You Stern And Your Price Increases!
    Everyone outside of the USA.... Wish our Stern NIB prices were this cheap.

Hahah I feel this. I am in Canada and I recently bought 2 premiums that ran me about 11k a piece.

#1161 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

How about paying 300 to 500 to put a nuclear reactor (pin stadiums) in a brand new game - I have to wear sunglasses to play even without them. I don't get it.

I don’t have them in all games, but when I do use them they provide much needed relief form the major contrast issues in some games. Especially ones that use all the lights at once to go on and off. It’s impossible for me to track the balls. Additional lighting that is always on, helps me be able to track the balls during those crazy light shows.

I understand this is not how 99.99% of Pinstadium fans use the product. Haha

#1162 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t have them in all games, but when I do use them they provide much needed relief form the major contrast issues in some games. Especially ones that use all the lights at once to go on and off. It’s impossible for me to track the balls. Additional lighting that is always on, helps me be able to track the balls during those crazy light shows.
    I understand this is not how 99.99% of Pinstadium fans use the product. Haha

Agreed. I have it on my Alien and ACNC..Both are super dark games. They look fantastic now.

#1163 2 years ago
    Quoted from Enron64:

Hahah I feel this. I am in Canada and I recently bought 2 premiums that ran me about 11k a piece.

You know what they say "spare the plunger rod and spoil the child"

#1164 2 years ago
    Quoted from Enron64:

But your healthcare is free.

#1165 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Yup. And I asked to be robbed so there’s that.

Played a bunch of DP pro today on location. Sucks to pay the extra, but its a bad ass pin. Eff it.

#1166 2 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Nothing is “free”.

#1167 2 years ago
    Quoted from kell:

Nothing is “free”.

At least a “buck o’ five”.

#1168 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

At least a “buck o’ five”.

Freedom isn't free. It cost a hefty fuckin' fee...

#1169 2 years ago

It's looking like my orders are being delayed long enough for the price increase. Bad optics stern. Bad.

#1170 2 years ago
    Quoted from digitaldocc:

It's looking like my orders are being delayed long enough for the price increase. Bad optics stern. Bad.

Or it’s just taking that long to make them. Either way. Your call.

#1171 2 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

It's not. It's funded by insanely high taxes.

#1172 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Either way stinks for the game buyer.

#1173 2 years ago
    Quoted from digitaldocc:

Same here.

#1174 2 years ago
    Quoted from digitaldocc:

If you can find a NIB Stern Turtles premium or Avengers premium would they still be $7500 - $7700 at this time but then be around $9k starting in January?

#1175 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If you can find a NIB Stern Turtles premium or Avengers premium would they still be $7500 - $7700 at this time but then be around $9k starting in January?

Yes, that is my understanding, are you looking for a TMNT premium? Cointaker has one in stock
    https://cointaker.com/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-premium-pinball-by-stern

#1176 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Shouldn't be an issue... any orders under current pricing should be honored.

#1177 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Stern has said that if the game leaves the factory after Dec 31st it's going to be at the increased price. Doesn't matter when it was ordered. Matters when it leaves the factory. January 1 every single game will be at the pricing levels similar to Godzilla. Dealers do have the option to cancel pending orders though for customers who have been waiting on other titles previously ordered.Otherwise if the game makes it out before Jan 1st the game will only have an upcharge for the interconnect at $300 if memory serves correctly.

#1178 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Unfortunately it does. If your game is built and shipped before 1/1/2022, you get just the $300 bump in price. If built and shipped after that, you get the new pricing. Doesn’t matter when you’re paid.

#1179 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unfortunately it does. If your game is built and shipped before 1/1/2022, you get just the $300 bump in price. If built and shipped after that, you get the new pricing. Doesn’t matter when you’re paid.

I know. I was saying what stern "should" be doing... not what they are doing.

#1181 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

and what does local laws have to say about that?
    In some cases they may be forced to sell it at the lower price.

#1182 2 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Unless you have a contract then it’s just a quote which can legally change. It is in bad form imo.

#1183 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

It's not. It's funded by insanely high taxes.

Commonly held misconception on both sides of the border. On average Canadians probably pay slightly more in taxes than the US (depends on income level, deductions, etc.), but I would hardly call it insane. The Canadian government just spends the money differently, mainly the Canadian defense budget is a joke and we pump a lot of money into healthcare.

https://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0411/do-canadians-really-pay-more-taxes-than-americans.aspx

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/07/canadians-may-pay-more-taxes-than-americans-but-theres-a-catch.html

#1184 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Yes, that is my understanding, are you looking for a TMNT premium? Cointaker has one in stock
    https://cointaker.com/products/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-premium-pinball-by-stern

Thanks! I bought a TMNT Premium a few months back, was just curious how the new pricing structure effects existing games. It's going to be one huge price jump next year for current titles.

#1186 2 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

What’s the contract say?

#1187 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

The solution is simple. Start buying EMs. I hope they make a comeback and people start restoring them.

LOL, stop trying to make EM's a thing. Today's buyer/player gets bored quickly with DEEP games...EM's will hold people's attention for half a game.

#1188 2 years ago

Is a signed invoice noting a specific paid deposit amount and balance due at delivery not a contract? Apparently not.

Stern is using most of their production capacity making a new game with the price increase already baked in, and delaying most everything else until after the start of the year. Maybe some Mando premiums get built and shipped in December, but I wouldn't bet on it. I might do the same if I were them, but only if I thought it was worth the bad PR, and that there would only be a relatively small amount of backorder cancellations so they come out ahead.

What they are doing now makes it a lot less likely that I will ever buy another NIB Stern.

#1189 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL, stop trying to make EM's a thing. Today's buyer/player gets bored quickly with DEEP games...EM's will hold people's attention for half a game.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm in my fifties and the nostalgia is nice, but the few I have had didn't stick around long. I have friends only a little younger that roll their eyes and complain how SLOW they are. EMs will be the first half of the pinball hobby to go extincf.

#1190 2 years ago
    Quoted from kell:

Nothing is “free”.

True, but it certainly goes a long way to explain why games cost more in Canada. Canadians always seem to manage to forget all they get for their taxes when they make mention of the high cost of games in their country.

#1191 2 years ago
    Quoted from digitaldocc:

Maybe because they are stuffing around with homepins now!
    It's the ca$h grab I tell ya, It's the Ca$h grab!

#1192 2 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

True, but it certainly goes a long way to explain why games cost more in Canada. Canadians always seem to manage to forget all they get for their taxes when they make mention of the high cost of games in their country.

Sigh. No, it doesn’t. Games don’t cost so much more in Canada because of taxes. Again, the tax situation in Canada vs US is not all that different.

Yes, we do have a federal sales tax, and some provinces have an additional sales tax. Here in Alberta we only pay the federal sales tax, which is 5%. Some provinces pay as high as 13%. Most of the states in the US have sales tax too, although it is lower by a few points.

The cost difference is primarily the exchange rate which has to do with the differences in our economies, political factors, etc.

From 2011 to 2012 I was paying the same or even less than Americans were for my pins. Because the exchange rate was much more favourable.

#1193 2 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I was thinking the same thing. I'm in my fifties and the nostalgia is nice, but the few I have had didn't stick around long. I have friends only a little younger that roll their eyes and complain how SLOW they are. EMs will be the first half of the pinball hobby to go extincf.

I'm 42 and I'll be right there to grab up all the cheap awesome EMs. I used to feel the same about them (slow/boring), but as I've played a bunch more, I've grown to love a lot of them. I like to have a diverse collection, so I've got a few EMs, some SS, some DMD, some modern LCD.

#1194 2 years ago

The new Wonka (LE) release jumped from $9,500 to $11,000.

#1195 2 years ago
    Quoted from flipperstick:

The new Wonka (LE) release jumped from $9,500 to $11,000.

Did I read it sold out already?

#1196 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Did I read it sold out already?

Where’d you read that? Really? Wtf??

#1197 2 years ago

We just got an email from a Stern Distributer in Australia today, about the price increases of new Stern Pinball machines.
    I have pre-ordered my first NIB Stern machine a Mando Prem, back in June 2021, but wont arrive until early next year 2022.
    The distributer also mentioned that the price increases also includes back ordered (or pre-ordered) games.
    Is that even fair?
    Can they do that?
    I am interested to know, is this what other Stern Distributers do worldwide? Is this the norm?

At least JJP honoured the pre-ordered price even after they announced a price increase for their GnR SE/LE.

#1198 2 years ago

If the game goes out of the factory Jan 1st or later price increase applies no matter when ordered per Stern. But back orders can be cancelled by your dealer if the price increase is unacceptable to you.

#1199 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilt101:

We just got an email from a Stern Distributer in Australia today, about the price increases of new Stern Pinball machines.
    I have pre-ordered my first NIB Stern machine a Mando Prem, back in June 2021, but wont arrive until early next year 2022.
    The distributer also mentioned that the price increases also includes back ordered (or pre-ordered) games.
    Is that even fair?
    Can they do that?
    I am interested to know, is this what other Stern Distributers do worldwide? Is this the norm?
    At least JJP honoured the pre-ordered price even after they announced a price increase for their GnR SE/LE.

Yes - they can do that
    You should have the option to cancel your order and receive back 100% of any deposits

#1200 2 years ago

I've still been trying to find any games on my list in stock (before the price increase) with no luck, so looks like no new games for me.

There are 1,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases/page/24?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.