Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150222_160304_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160110_110859792_(resized).jpg
fu_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Just venting. ..freakin ironman...can be brutal. I'M SURE there's a support group on here for that. .lol

#2 8 years ago

True. However a blast to play!!!

#3 8 years ago

Agree 100%. Some enjoy the torture but I had to move mine along. For my well-being. hehe

#4 8 years ago

IM almost made a friend of mine quit pinball last month!? True story.

I love mine though, even though it hates me. One more game!

#5 8 years ago

I am a recovering IM player.....It got so bad, I almost had it traded tomorrow....Love it, Hate it...
Its about the same place as the 40 years with my wife!
Cant trade her though...shes a keeper.

For therapy, set everything as easy as possible, kick its ass, then restore the settings.
Enjoy a stiff drink in Celebration!

#6 8 years ago

If you think IM is brutal, check out the twitch feed for Rob Zombie. I've never seen such a brutal pin. Looked fun though.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

If you think IM is brutal, check out the twitch feed for Rob Zombie. I've never seen such a brutal pin. Looked fun though.

Funny, that is what my friend, who almost quit pinball, said about Rob Zombie tonight. He has one on preorder. True story! again

#8 8 years ago

Yes a drink always helps! I don't think i could ever make her an ex though. .I'll just suffer I suppose, I'm so against changing the difficulty. It's like i tell my boy on his video games, he always wants to start on easy where I'm a normal or factory setting guy.
I'm in the 80 million range so it's not like it kills me but dang. .sometimes. ..and my brother out up a115 mill game so that hurts. .ha

Yeah. .not sure about the RZ game. .the thread is brutal like most. .LOL

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I can't seem to get the twitch feed to play. .maybe my android? Idk, any suggestions on where else to check it out?

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

I can't seem to get the twitch feed to play. .maybe my android? Idk, any suggestions on where else to check it out?

Jack usually uploads to YouTube within a few days. Just subscribe or keep an eye on:
https://www.youtube.com/user/DeadFlipPinball/videos

#11 8 years ago

That is why we love it.

#12 8 years ago

Thinking about selling mine pretty soon. NIB to my front door, VE built August 2015 with a ColorDMD and my normal upgraded sound system (see this thread for the sound system installed in IMVE: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addition-of-boss-amplifiers-to-stern-machines).

Just hinting at it here before I get ready to make a thread in the next week or so. Ever since I got TWD Pro, I have not touched IMVE in nearly 3 weeks. I'm ready to let someone else enjoy it.

#13 8 years ago

I never got bored of mine and played it most out of all my pins, but I also cursed at it incessantly. F*ing IM! Great pin though.

#14 8 years ago

Let's get it straight, Ironman F's you, no other way.

The Mrs. And I always laugh at each other after a bad ball/game when we whip out the double birdies at it.

#15 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Let's get it straight, Ironman F's you, no other way.

You are F'ing lucky Pinside no longer allows animated gifs...

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

You are F'ing lucky Pinside no longer allows animated gifs...

Does your wife play pins with you?

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Does your wife play pins with you?

fu_(resized).pngfu_(resized).png

#19 8 years ago

Hands down my favorite pin.

I hate it.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I am a recovering IM player.....It got so bad, I almost had it traded tomorrow....Love it, Hate it...
Its about the same place as the 40 years with my wife!
Cant trade her though...shes a keeper.
For therapy, set everything as easy as possible, kick its ass, then restore the settings.
Enjoy a stiff drink in Celebration!

Wise words on all accounts. I'm in at 26 years with my lady ... now I gotta keep 'er.

I think an easy IM (or EM for that matter) will get old real fast. One weekend of extra easy settings, narrow outline posts, and removing the tilt will cure any IM anxiety real quick.

#21 8 years ago

This game was the pin that forced me to start learning how to really nudge. TWD has started to really hone those capabilities down, but IMVE was definitely the one that made me pay attention.

#22 8 years ago

I love my Iron Man pin. It's a hate-hate relationship.

#23 8 years ago

IM is a blast to play & it IS Brutal! However, I just picked up a mint Indy 500 & it makes IM look like LOTR! I've never played anything like it! I'm not saying Indy is better than IM(its close) but it is way more brutal! It's crazy fast with Killer combo's & you just can't miss a shot.

IMG_20160110_110859792_(resized).jpgIMG_20160110_110859792_(resized).jpg

#24 8 years ago

I'm in the minority, IM doesn't bother me at all. It's nice to play something that you know right away your no good, on to the next IM game.

Ditto, on the Indy 500 I will never sell mine, and guests that play it want to buy it.

#25 8 years ago

How bad an idea to put extenders on the outlanes like someone made for twd. I'm looking to get IM soon. Most of the time its friends and family playing and I don't think your hurting integrity of the gsme if you did something to give people 10 more seconds of life . It's only pinball

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

How bad an idea to put extenders on the outlanes ?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#27 8 years ago

I've always had a love/hate relationship with IM. I had a ton of 4-player fun when it was released, and later played it in a tourney, outlane posts removed slope increased an extra degree and tilt tightened. It was the most strategic I've ever had to be on a pinball machine, and it was awesome and more brutal than you can imagine... from that day forward all I wanted to do was defeat that game. Another year passed and I finally got my own after asking Gary Stern if they could do another run because it's so awesome. Although he spent 20 minutes explaining how unlikely that would be, the VE arrived 1.5 years afterwards for everyone else to enjoy.

I recently went through a phase where the game was so brutal I was no longer having fun with it, even considered selling it, but I got over the hump and can now play it consistently well. It was at that point that I realized the keepers in my collection are primarily brutal games, so it is now earmarked as one that probably shouldn't ever leave. It's consistently the most popular game for my guests.

And yes, the RZ pinball also appears to have the same bones. Looking forward to playing one in person.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

something to give people 10 more seconds of life . It's only pinball

You can always set the ball save timer to 11 seconds.

#29 8 years ago

No other game have I stood there and pressed the start button over and over and over .
It gets its hooks in you and you can't walk away, but I did manage this one long night.

20150222_160304_(resized).jpg20150222_160304_(resized).jpg

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

No other game have I stood there and pressed the start button over and over and over .
It gets its hooks in you and you can't walk away, but I did manage this one long night.

20150222_160304_(resized).jpg

BSD and WD are also good start button over and over and over

#31 8 years ago

Love watching iron man getting played in tourneys , just spits you out , kick ass game that gets the players moving quick.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

IM is a blast to play & it IS Brutal! However, I just picked up a mint Indy 500 & it makes IM look like LOTR! I've never played anything like it! I'm not saying Indy is better than IM(its close) but it is way more brutal! It's crazy fast with Killer combo's & you just can't miss a shot.

IMG_20160110_110859792_(resized).jpg

Completely agree.

I miss my I500. I hated and loved it at the same time. Flippers are so difficult. Real hard to effectively cradle. Super fast, awesome pin.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

BSD and WD are also good start button over and over and over

EBD too. Love those games.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Another year passed and I finally got my own after asking Gary Stern if they could do another run because it's so awesome. Although he spent 20 minutes explaining how unlikely that would be, the VE arrived 1.5 years afterwards for everyone else to enjoy.

Geez, thanks for that!

#35 8 years ago

Metallica a bitch as well.

#36 8 years ago

Tommy Boy should get a thread eject for hijacking this with that BEAUTIFUL pic.
IM is harder for me, but all pins are.

#37 8 years ago

Great subject line. I was at a pinball league a few months ago where someone actually yelled these exact words at an IM after a ball brain (along with a double middle finger salute). We are still laughing..

#38 8 years ago

But my records p-l-a-y s-l-o-w....
78 rpm is where it's at.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Just venting. ..freakin ironman...can be brutal. I'M SURE there's a support group on here for that. .lol

Agree w you....it's the main reason I added to my lineup......needed another pin to piss me off after I turn my TRON off!!!

#40 8 years ago

I love it, but if I traded it out..............I am not sure I would miss it............

Would you?

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I miss my I500. I hated and loved it at the same time. Flippers are so difficult. Real hard to effectively cradle. Super fast, awesome pin.

You still have visiting rights.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I love it, but if I traded it out..............I am not sure I would miss it............
Would you?

Yes... Yes I would.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agree w you....it's the main reason I added to my lineup......needed another pin to piss me off after I turn my TRON off!!!

Because Tron is brutal? I see a lot of comments like that but I find the ball times significantly longer than IM, and considering I can start Sea of Simulation 10x easier than Jericho I don't find Tron to be brutal at all.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yes... Yes I would.

I would never trade it out though, so I wouldn't know how it feels to miss it. This is getting wierd.

#45 8 years ago

I can start Jericho about 2 out of 5 games now...... Finishing it is another story.

#46 8 years ago

I was reading this thread just as boychild came back to our table grumbling about IM. He felt a little better to see that others shared his pain.

#47 8 years ago

I just traded my METpro for an IM. Although I originally thought I'd never let MET go, after a year of ownership I had my fun with it. MET is a great game, but I am enjoying/hating getting my ass handed to me on a regular basis now.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Because Tron is brutal? I see a lot of comments like that but I find the ball times significantly longer than IM, and considering I can start Sea of Simulation 10x easier than Jericho I don't find Tron to be brutal at all.

Yes...TRONLE is the most brutal game in my lineup ( by far)...long ball times are few and far between......I get to SOS a decent amount of the time, but just the intensity and speed of the game makes most of my games pretty short. I play it more than any of my others, but still suck at it, consistency- wise. Hats off to you for considering it easy ( obviously a much better player).....it's still my favorite " handing your ass" game.

Everyone that comes to play mine has a similar experience .......looking forward to having my IM share the beatdown experience.......( should have the powdercoat stuff back next week...hooray!!!)

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I can start Jericho about 2 out of 5 games now...... Finishing it is another story.

Exactly.....same as EOL on TRONLE ......healthy to have a game or 2 that beats the crap out of you on a regular basis ( I think??)

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Thinking about selling mine pretty soon. NIB to my front door, VE built August 2015 with a ColorDMD and my normal upgraded sound system (see this thread for the sound system installed in IMVE: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addition-of-boss-amplifiers-to-stern-machines).
Just hinting at it here before I get ready to make a thread in the next week or so. Ever since I got TWD Pro, I have not touched IMVE in nearly 3 weeks. I'm ready to let someone else enjoy it.

Just a quick update for those who were interested - I received a deposit on my IMVE, so it is tentatively sold at this time. I'll remove it from my Pinside collection once it leaves my home.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-ironmanf-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.