2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0183 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
CAM01799 (resized).jpg
13731507_10153576483690755_8969653681250721865_n (resized).jpg
20160529_150807 (resized).jpg
20160529_150648 (resized).jpg
20170406_215120 (resized).jpg
20170406_215109 (resized).jpg
17fe5089493d2bab71513e29075c3548caffce39 (resized).jpg
c3c98cabea35c3c087d155ef6284649fb061dbff (resized).jpg
IMG_0169 (resized).jpg
20170405_223645 (resized).jpg
20170405_220701 (resized).jpg
IMG_3007 (resized).JPG
IMG_0317 (resized).JPG
IMG_0011 (resized).JPG

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 2 years ago

I concur, Vulgar is one of the top metal albums of all time for me. I've seen them several times, once with Biohazard, once with Type O Negative, and once with White Zombie.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It was a close call for sure; I almost didn't include them.
But when I really weighed everything, they still have the look, the whiny singing, & cheestastic guitar riffs...I had to put them in.
Even as I type it's a hard line...but I can;t give them a break just because they're British.

Hahaha I concede

#53 2 years ago

Far Beyond Driven is so dark and one of my favs. Pantera continued metal in the 90's when all the big 5 went a different direction. I was lucky enough to see them several times. Once with Slayer, once with White Zombie, and once with Biohazard, maybe more. Such a shame Dimebag was taken so early and Phil's shit has sucked ever since.

#54 2 years ago

I saw both type o negative and white zombie. But no pantera, ug all my fault. I never saw nirvana either even though I listened.

White zombie is a rock and roll treat to me. I love that super sexy swinging sounds remix album.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I saw both type o negative and white zombie. But no pantera, ug all my fault. I never saw nirvana either even though I listened.
White zombie is a rock and roll treat to me. I love that super sexy swinging sounds remix album.
» YouTube video

+1, still love WZ. Rob Zombie's stuff never quite clicked as well, although he has an unbelievably awesome band now. The songs just aren't doing it for me as much. Everything about his deal is right up my alley though - horror movies & rock n' roll! Makes me wish the Ghastly Ones were still around...

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I went to a show in 1990. Not Pantera.
Was DRI and Indy legends Drop Dead. The DRI drummer threw his sticks at the end and I caught one with my face.

Holy shit was DRI awesome. Saw them in HS in 1987 (?) while on acid and did a front flip stage dive right onto the concrete floor then the guys in the pit trampled me for a few minutes. That bathroom was like a MASH tent with all the broken bones, broken faces. Man I miss being young.

#57 2 years ago

I haven't listened to the 3rd but the 1st two Superjoints ruled.

#58 2 years ago

Pantera is the BEST. I met Phil in august of 2015.(I'm in the Black Flag shirt). Phil is the nicest guy ever along with Pat Bruders, Jimmy Bower, Pepper Keenan, and Bobby Landgraf! Greatest day of my life hahah Phil was ripping my shirt

IMG_0011 (resized).JPG

#59 2 years ago

Every Pantera album is a masterpiece but my favorite of all time is Reinventing the STEEL, have it on record. Front to back amazing record and the band looked SO badass. Dime's best work!

IMG_0317 (resized).JPG

#60 2 years ago

Heaven in a solo, god bless Darrell Lance Abbott Sorry for posting a ton, I'm a huge Pantera nerd

#61 2 years ago

Agree!!! Reinventing the Steel is my favorite. Revolution is my Name is perhaps Dime's best work. Killer riffs.

#62 2 years ago

I saw Pantera live in San Francisco, must have been 94 maybe 95. Still the loudest show I've ever been too.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Agree!!! Reinventing the Steel is my favorite. Revolution is my Name is perhaps Dime's best work. Killer riffs.

Yeah, man! The album is so damn heavy it makes me laugh hahah. The lyrics are brutal as hell like in Uplift when Phil says "Run head first into traffic", the album is loaded with ass kickery!

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I saw Pantera live in San Francisco, must have been 94 maybe 95. Still the loudest show I've ever been too.

LUCKY! Dime left us when I was only 8 so I never had the chance to see or meet him. I ran into some dude at a restaurant who said in 96 he slammed some drinks with Rex, Dime, and Vinnie and said they were the nicest people ever, LUCKY.

#65 2 years ago

One of the favorites from my collection, signed by original singer, Terry Glaze. This is back when Dime was signing as "Diamond Darrell" and Rex was "Rex Rocker".

IMG_3007 (resized).JPG

#66 2 years ago

my cousin Steve Terror, from his band Infernal Majesty (None Shall Defy) opened up for Pantera back in the 80's. Never will forget being up so close to a legendary icon like Dimebag.

#67 2 years ago

Dime was such a cool guy too, seems like everyone met him He never had an ego

#68 2 years ago

Darn. I thought this was a new alternate backglass for the game Panthera.

#69 2 years ago

Not yet on the panthera trans lite. It could be coming though, you never know who will show up.

#70 2 years ago

In honor of this thread, I rocked out to a Pantera mix at the gym this morning.

#71 2 years ago

Much respect to youa Mario. I thought I was cool with my 5 Maiden shirts...but yer shit's on a new level.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

In honor of this thread, I rocked out to a Pantera mix at the gym this morning.

But really shouldn't that be everyday Dave?

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Much respect to youa Mario. I thought I was cool with my 5 Maiden shirts...but yer shit's on a new level.

RE.... SPECT.... WALK.... Are you talking to me?

A New Level.... of confidence.... and power!!!

#74 2 years ago

Never released a bad song (post power metal). Never changed, from Cowboys from hell to I'll cast a shadow every song kicked fucking ass.

Saw them in 01' - Use my third arm Live was some experience!

#75 2 years ago

I can't listen to Walk anymore. 20 years of oversaturation. Everything else is gold.

#76 2 years ago

IT MAKES THEM DISAPPEAR

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

IT MAKES THEM DISAPPEAR
» YouTube video

HELL YES, absolutely brutal double bass kicks by Vince too

#78 2 years ago

YO, Maiden is hard and melodic as hell. One who thinks otherwise is insane. I grew up listening to Maiden and they are one of my favorites

#79 2 years ago

Well it was kinda a joke bud...I know I'm cool regardless.
Marios collection is just hardcore af though. That's mad respect from me.

#80 2 years ago

AND PUT ON A HAUNTED HOUSE.
Possibly my favorite pic ever on PS.

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I haven't listened to the 3rd but the 1st two Superjoints ruled.
» YouTube video

3rd one isn't as batshit crazy as the first two but it's still a great record. I'm more of a Down guy (the 2 parts of IV are still in regular rotation here) but it's solid

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

AND PUT ON A HAUNTED HOUSE.
Possibly my favorite pic ever on PS.

Damn too bad you don't live east coast Gryszzz

#83 2 years ago

Could never get into Down even though I'm a huge Kirk Windstein fan.

#84 2 years ago

20170405_220701 (resized).jpg

#85 2 years ago

Dime Crybaby is what's goin down then up.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Maybe I will show the rest of my stuff somtime. I've had this tattoo for 20 years. Got grounded for few weeks but worth it.

20170405_223645 (resized).jpg

#87 2 years ago

I loved this whole album, my favorite Pantera but I like them all.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Saw them in HS in 1987 (?) while on acid and did a front flip stage dive right onto the concrete floor then the guys in the pit trampled me for a few minutes. That bathroom was like a MASH tent with all the broken bones, broken faces. Man I miss being young.

This gives us a much better understanding of your online Pinside avatar, which I always thought was somewhat unique.
Rock on, pedal to the metal Chisox!

Do your hi-score initials stand for:
A.) Anthony Shelby Stevens
B.) Ass
C.) Acid Shit Storm
D.) other

#89 2 years ago

F ing Pantera! NSFW
By Azmodeus

Good topic Azmo. This has been quite entertaining hanging out in here.
I think I wore out the speakers on my old laptop.

I'd much rather listen to Pantera than so much of the other crap that is out there.
\m/

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I loved this whole album, my favorite Pantera but I like them all.
» YouTube video

No doubt. Broken is up there in my top 5 songs.

#91 2 years ago

I have been listening to accept metal heart, new to me and re inventing the steel first time too. Awesome stuff.

My girlfriend thinks I'm insane, she is a Russian immigrant came to America in 90. No metal for her she likes euro dance. I told her I was an 80s expert she played ten songs in a row I had never heard from the 80s.

I know at least one of her relatives in Moscow are metal fans. They will be at home when they come to my house!

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I was making sure! I love Maiden

#93 2 years ago

mario_1_up dude you have THE Pantera collection, Haunted House and Tales from the Crypt are very METAL

#94 2 years ago

Speaking of Kirk

this song gets me every time

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I have been listening to accept metal heart, new to me and re inventing the steel first time too. Awesome stuff.
My girlfriend thinks I'm insane, she is a Russian immigrant came to America in 90. No metal for her she likes euro dance. I told her I was an 80s expert she played ten songs in a row I had never heard from the 80s.
I know at least one of her relatives in Moscow are metal fans. They will be at home when they come to my house!

Wonder if she remembers when Metallica and Pantera played before 1.5 million people in the Soviet Union... just missed it! It was 1991:-/

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

One of the favorites from my collection, signed by original singer, Terry Glaze. This is back when Dime was signing as "Diamond Darrell" and Rex was "Rex Rocker".

Amazing! How did you get it???

#97 2 years ago

You all will love this

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I know at least one of her relatives in Moscow are metal fans.

(NSFW language)

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

(NSFW language)
» YouTube video

Hahah, great movies

#100 2 years ago

Saw them on their very last tour with Slayer. The memory of the big steel Pantera sign with fire behind it raising with the Hellbound riff going to start the show is still vivid.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
$ 12.00
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside