Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 451 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jeffro01
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“F-150 LIGHTNING... who’s in?”

• Yes 21 votes
      17%
    • No 75 votes
      60%
    • Eventually, but not first generation. 29 votes
      23%

(125 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ford (resized).png
    got a date (resized).png
    windpower (resized).jpg
    AlJLPhq (resized).jpg
    68d3ae4a-6864-44bb-9718-98704a9b0861-2021FordF150_062420_ES19.JPG
    L (resized).png
    870E9BDF-4D6B-446A-94E1-18FC7D7C66B0 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.10.47 PM (resized).jpg
    51kRuAVth6L._AC_SL1443_ (resized).jpg
    Thk5pJ1i2xEYBsOEMnlkzd153WRwC8HeQ1BDGn1gHko (resized).jpeg
    jeep (resized).jpg
    unssdfgnamed (resized).jpg
    Ford-Mustang-Mach-E- (resized).jpg
    2022-ford-maverick-rendering-1610128093 (resized).jpg
    Untitlexasdd-1 (resized).jpg
    8250c6c3801c9fa9bfac8f01ac46264b (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thirdedition.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 2 years ago

Unfortunately I think supercharge times are still between 30 minutes and 1 hour.

I found this guys video a while ago about electric towing and found it interesting.

#214 2 years ago

I wondered how large the front storage area would be, that looks great. I'm getting really close to putting my name down on one of these. I just need to know/ see how much it will cost to install a charging station at the house. I have 220 run to the garage so hopefully that helps.

#216 2 years ago
    Quoted from GoodOmens:

If your panel is in the garage and there is room, probably only $4-500 (always get multiple quotes). If you need panel upgrades etc its more but there is a 30% tax credit to offset the installation of EV chargers up to $1000, inclusive of other costs (panel upgrades etc). The credit expires in December but I bet they will extend it. Curious if they will itemize the included charger so you can claim that as well on taxes.
    It cost me about $1200 to trench a 60 amp line about 60 feet from the panel to our caport, which I thought was a decent deal.

I believe the panel is in the basement, but my house isn't exactly huge so I'm not sure how much that would change things.

Thanks for the info, I may have to get some quotes to see what it is going to end up costing me.

#223 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If you have a 240vac outlet already in the garage (like you have a newer house, or the old owners had a welder/upright air comp) you are all set, just plug the quick charger into that outlet.
    Amazon has stated that they will have their installation teams ready in a few months for one-click installations.
    Your local dealer will also of course be offering installs.
    If you have friends, ask around for electricians. At your church, there is probably a dozen members who are sparkys. Those locals will likely be very familiar with the styles/locations of electrical panels in your neighborhood, and will give you a very accurate guestimate.

Yeah it is grandpa's old house and he ran a good old stick welder in the garage. It just isn't in the most convenient location. I also would like the option use the truck as a battery backup for the house if need be.

#234 2 years ago
    Quoted from GoodOmens:

Got it. Yea if that 240v line is unused (what amp?) - you should be good to go, I just assumed it was. Maybe just $100 or two to have them connect the charger if voltage that can kill makes you squirmy.
    I’m assuming the 80amp charger they include can be set lower for folks who don’t have that hookup.

I'm not sure of the amperage, I'll have to check tonight.

#259 2 years ago

I'm not going to lie, I'm really not digging the fact that it has to be the full on super crew cab. I really would want one with the super cab and the longer bed.

Since there is a front trunk maybe the super cab isn't even needed.

1 week later
    #271 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Ford announced their new Maverick, four-door Hybrid mini-truck today.
    Starts at under $20,000[quoted image]

If it is anything like my ranger it will only fit one pin in the back. That being said, it may still be worth it to me. I'm still super on the fence about the Lightning.

#273 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The nicer Rangers had 7' beds known as a **longbed**, so you could move 2 pins.
    But as a first year offering, I bet a lot of people who only occasionally need to move a pin, lawnmower or Ikea furniture, will find the Maverick bed a perfect size. [quoted image]

I have a long bed, but I can't fit two in there, they don't fit between the wheel wells. It is a 94 though. The bed is also too narrow to fit one sideways especially with a cap I don't know about the newer ones.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thirdedition.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-150-lightning-whos-in?tu=thirdedition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.