Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 451 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jeffro01
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“F-150 LIGHTNING... who’s in?”

• Yes 21 votes
      17%
    • No 75 votes
      60%
    • Eventually, but not first generation. 29 votes
      23%

(125 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ford (resized).png
    got a date (resized).png
    windpower (resized).jpg
    AlJLPhq (resized).jpg
    68d3ae4a-6864-44bb-9718-98704a9b0861-2021FordF150_062420_ES19.JPG
    L (resized).png
    870E9BDF-4D6B-446A-94E1-18FC7D7C66B0 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.10.47 PM (resized).jpg
    51kRuAVth6L._AC_SL1443_ (resized).jpg
    Thk5pJ1i2xEYBsOEMnlkzd153WRwC8HeQ1BDGn1gHko (resized).jpeg
    jeep (resized).jpg
    unssdfgnamed (resized).jpg
    Ford-Mustang-Mach-E- (resized).jpg
    2022-ford-maverick-rendering-1610128093 (resized).jpg
    Untitlexasdd-1 (resized).jpg
    8250c6c3801c9fa9bfac8f01ac46264b (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokinhos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#289 2 years ago

I remember when it was known as a fast truck, 0-60 in 7 seconds.
    The new Lightning totally blows the old Lightning SVT away, but the SVT still makes SUVs look totally gay[quoted image]

Wtf are u talking about? 7 secs in a full size pick up at 4500 lbs is moving. And don't underestimate one on a roll. The Gen1 is absolutely badass. It was a monster then and still is. Anyone who is on board with electric vehicles because they are "cool" and "fast" is a joke. I dont have to buy gas - no.. u just need to plug it into your house. Do the math on how much you are really saving. I wouldn't be caught dead in that ugly A tesla SUV or any other electric vehicle. If it doesn't make a ton of noise and throw up unspent gas i'm out. I saw two tesla suvs racing each other a few days ago.. they must have been coming from soccer practice or the grocery store.. i couldn't stop laughing.

#291 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

You really don't have a clue lol. The Tesla could likely do 0-60 in under 3 seconds while Towing a Ford truck lol.

I never said the tesla wasn't fast.. its ugly.. Plaid runs it in under 2 secs but it will cost $150k. The Tesla SUV X will do it in 2.6 secs and will set you back $96k. The 1993 F150 lightning (28 yrs ago was quite possibly the greatest production truck ever built at the time and was only $22k). You can drive the tesla, I'll drive my lightning..

#293 2 years ago

There's always bugs to work out on new releases but the success of the Mach E should ease your concerns. My question is ... who is paying for all the electric car rebates?

#297 2 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

And who is paying for the charging stations? ... Exxon, Mobil, Shell ???

No idea.. I was thinking though. I was able to get a 93 lightning into my garage but my Gibbs extended cab Silverado won't fit. Most houses here in Florida you struggle to fit an extended cab in the garage. Honestly ive only had success with (2) bay deep garages. So how the hell do you charge these at home?

#331 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

What's the purpose of this? Awesome, you don't want an F-150 Lightening... THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE??? I can't say what I want to say otherwise I'll risk the consequences but what the actual fuck...???
    Jeff

Jeff.. be nice bro. You don't have an F150 lightning either.. His truck is sweet. Only difference is you are gonna pay 4 or 5 times more than he did and save yourself about 1500 a year. And of course you can go zero to 60 in like negative 3 secs reversing time. Because THAT is something we do everyday. I think its great that everyone is hyped up about this lightning, but its ugly as sh.. and for real lightning owners is kind of a slap in the face that ford had the audacity to call one of their EVs a mustang, and now this thing a lightning. But what can u expect from a company that calls a truck Maverick. Lol..

And for the love of God, if you are buying one spell it right. LIGHTNING.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokinhos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-150-lightning-whos-in?tu=smokinhos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.