Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 451 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jeffro01
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“F-150 LIGHTNING... who’s in?”

• Yes 21 votes
      17%
    • No 75 votes
      60%
    • Eventually, but not first generation. 29 votes
      23%

(125 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ford (resized).png
    got a date (resized).png
    windpower (resized).jpg
    AlJLPhq (resized).jpg
    68d3ae4a-6864-44bb-9718-98704a9b0861-2021FordF150_062420_ES19.JPG
    L (resized).png
    870E9BDF-4D6B-446A-94E1-18FC7D7C66B0 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.10.47 PM (resized).jpg
    51kRuAVth6L._AC_SL1443_ (resized).jpg
    Thk5pJ1i2xEYBsOEMnlkzd153WRwC8HeQ1BDGn1gHko (resized).jpeg
    jeep (resized).jpg
    unssdfgnamed (resized).jpg
    Ford-Mustang-Mach-E- (resized).jpg
    2022-ford-maverick-rendering-1610128093 (resized).jpg
    Untitlexasdd-1 (resized).jpg
    8250c6c3801c9fa9bfac8f01ac46264b (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#153 2 years ago

Electric vehicles are simply NIMBY ECO-TERRORISM! Anyone who buys one of these deserves the roadside ridicule they garner while waiting for a gasoline-powered generator to show up and get them going again. Total JUNK!

#155 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

please say you're joking lol

100% serious. The battery production/disposal and inefficiency of the grid waste MUCH more energy and are MUCH more destructive to the environment than burning hydrocarbons at the point of use. Things aren't always as marketers would trick you into believing.

Consider the extra energy burnt carrying around a 1060lb battery vs. an average of 100lbs in fuel. Do you think that energy wasted comes at no cost?

#157 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

You're talking out your exhaust port...[quoted image]

I always trust the world bank for my 8 year-old scientific information. You entirely fail to address my claims. I know it's hard for many pinsiders to have a thought that hasn't been told to them by "trusted sources". Pfffttt.

Screenshot from 2021-05-26 08-46-10 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2021-05-26 08-46-10 (resized).png
    #168 2 years ago

Yeah, the guys who buy these "trucks" to use as short commuter cars will be happy. Just admit that it's all about status and illusions of moral superiority. Men who need real trucks will be buying hydrocarbon fueled vehicles long after we are all dead. Your grocery getters are fine for city-folk I guess. Maybe there will be haul-sharing or uber movers for you soon. Then you don't have to pretend you even need this POS.

#169 2 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Give him some time, he has over 36,000(!) unread message in his Inbox.... He is still trying to catch up..... LOL....
    Just having some fun with you SadSack, but serious question, how do you have sooooooo many unread messages in your Inbox?

I simply reject the nonsense in my life and give it no attention. When the entertainment value of a thread like this wears off, I'll ignore it, too. But in truth, I usually just piss people off by slaughtering their sacred cows with common sense. It really makes people mad. You can tell by their emotional responses.

It's much easier to fool a person than convince them they've been fooled.

#173 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

I love it when people use the phrase "common sense" but clearly have none of it... Why is it that so many people today live by a goal of whatever makes someone else mad? Being a complete asshole is no way to go through life. Your last sentence is so horribly ironic...
    Jeff

I didn't realize that having an opinion that doesn't follow the crowd made me a "complete asshole" going through life. Thanks for clarifying that. I'll be sure to take your side of the discussion in all matters going forward. I guess lemmings don't only belong on Mars: http://pinballmd.com/why-we-cant-believe-nasa-rodent-on-mars-hoax-or-conspiracy-theory/

#176 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

$33K after rebate.

As a tax payer, you give $10 billion each year to the oil industry in subsidies.
    The quicker we convert to electric, the quicker we can put that $10B towards something for the citizen's good; like more weapons.
    It's the same reason you get a tax rebate when you buy an a/c unit that is 23 seer, or how you get a 25-30% rebate to make your house solar.....
    Even your house it itself is subsidized if you think about it. Uncle sham helps you pay your mortgage by allowing you to get the mortgage interest credit on your tax return.
    Since you can deduct the first 1 million of the mortgage, you are helping some rich douche buy his house

All of this should tell you that "green" energy is a total scam. It's all about the Solyndra Benjamins... and convincing the free range slaves to pay the bill.

#182 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Lol dude, again, its not 2006 anymore. This isn't the Smug episode of south park these days. Have you tried a battery powered drill yet? They rule! Even my weed wacker is battery powered and it kicks ass! I love v8's and gas, hell, like I said, I'm rockin the v8 Raptor right now. I don't know how old you are but be ready to see gas cars becoming fairly rare still in your lifetime.

Do you see a lot of lawn services, framers or roofers using battery operated equipment? No. Mostly housewives and weekend warriors. Real work gets done with FUEL! I know it's hard to admit your golf-cart teslas aren't cars you can efficiently travel in. Watch a video or two.. The only people who enjoy traveling in a tesla are drunks who want two 3-hour pit stops twice a day. Like I said, we'll both be dead in the ground while people are are still pumping stinky liquids into tanks. I remember when everyone thought we would have flying cars by the year 2000. This really isn't any different. Where's my robot that can clean my toilet? Technophiles really throw their common sense to the wayside in some sort of weird religious belief that inventions will somehow become their mommas.

These trucks are junk to anyone who needs a truck. They'll be fine for picking up kids or groceries and an occasional trip to Lowe's. Tomorrow I'll drive almost 450 miles and pick up two pinball machines at a mountain hideaway. I'm thankful my V-10 Excursion will be able to do it on one tank.

#185 2 years ago

Thanks for the personal attacks. I apologize for disagreeing with your deeply held beliefs. Please forgive me. I'll try not to threaten the hive any further.

#250 2 years ago

Your lightning won't do this in 9 hours! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/411#post-6306516 And I didn't even have to refill the gas tank!

#254 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's for sure.
    6 hours easy and that's if I stop to take a dump.[quoted image]

You need a topper and 4wd. And I doubt the rubber band would hold up heading east out of Butte, MT.

2021-05-27 12.36.29 (resized).jpg2021-05-27 12.36.29 (resized).jpg2021-05-27 12.27.36 (resized).jpg2021-05-27 12.27.36 (resized).jpg2021-05-27 12.38.16 (resized).jpg2021-05-27 12.38.16 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #283 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Ford presold 100,000 Lightning F150 in less than a month!
    https://amp.freep.com/amp/7633277002

I heard they hired JPOP and Kevin to help with production planning and IC procurement.

3 months later
    #300 2 years ago

Maybe you could carry a diesel generator and an off-road fuel tank in the box for safety if you wanted to travel any further than your local Lowe's and Albertsons.

2 months later
    #377 2 years ago

I'm glad they solved the semi-conductor shortage.

2 months later
    #387 2 years ago

What's the over under on sd_tom's 8/1/22 delivery? Vote with thumbs up and thumbs down!

ford (resized).pngford (resized).png
    6 months later
    #401 1 year ago

80 miles range towing:

I guess you'll need your wife's car for hauling pinball machines much more than 100 miles.

5 months later
    #450 1 year ago

Budget 4000 a year for your 8-year battery replacement. If you aren't barbecued in the truck or burnt up in your house before you need a new one, you'll have to reduce your sales price by at least the price of the battery pack. I guess that means people will have to pay to safely dispose of them These things are garbage.. period. For EVERY application there is a MUCH preferred alternative.

$32,086 every 8 years... Oh and when the grid goes down and you need to evacuate an area... good luck with that. Can anyone pipe in and tell me how satisfied they are with it after a year or two? I want to like them, but every time I look, they are bigger P'sOS than the last time I looked.

THat sneaky little south-african tricked everyone into thinking disposable vehicles are normal. I'll stick with my 2000 Excursion V-10 with a 450 range on one tank.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I had a reservation for a little over a year and cancelled it after the price raising and the bait-and-switch pricing with the Pro model which is basically unobtanium. I was so gullible. I actually believed Ford when they said they'd sell a full sized EV truck for around $33k after rebates

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-150-lightning-whos-in?tu=sadsack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.