Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 451 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jeffro01
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“F-150 LIGHTNING... who’s in?”

• Yes 21 votes
      17%
    • No 75 votes
      60%
    • Eventually, but not first generation. 29 votes
      23%

(125 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ford (resized).png
    got a date (resized).png
    windpower (resized).jpg
    AlJLPhq (resized).jpg
    68d3ae4a-6864-44bb-9718-98704a9b0861-2021FordF150_062420_ES19.JPG
    L (resized).png
    870E9BDF-4D6B-446A-94E1-18FC7D7C66B0 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.10.47 PM (resized).jpg
    51kRuAVth6L._AC_SL1443_ (resized).jpg
    Thk5pJ1i2xEYBsOEMnlkzd153WRwC8HeQ1BDGn1gHko (resized).jpeg
    jeep (resized).jpg
    unssdfgnamed (resized).jpg
    Ford-Mustang-Mach-E- (resized).jpg
    2022-ford-maverick-rendering-1610128093 (resized).jpg
    Untitlexasdd-1 (resized).jpg
    8250c6c3801c9fa9bfac8f01ac46264b (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 2 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

100% serious. The battery production/disposal and inefficiency of the grid waste MUCH more energy and are MUCH more destructive to the environment than burning hydrocarbons at the point of use. Things aren't always as marketers would trick you into believing.
    Consider the extra energy burnt carrying around a 1060lb battery vs. an average of 100lbs in fuel. Do you think that energy wasted comes at no cost?

I'll meet in the middle here. BEVs cost more to produce (for now), but over their lifecycle result in a net benefit (this could be argued). The environmental benefit will increase as BEVs are more widely adopted, and the lithium recovery technology improves. If EV adoption is slow, then the battery and magnet metals will continue to be costly (environmentally and fiscally).

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/cleaner-cars-cradle-grave

Edit: FYI the article I shared will initially appear out of date, but if you choose to deep dive on this subject, contains updated data if you click through the links.

#159 2 years ago

Maybe I am in the minority, but I fall into the "I use a pickup for the bed" not the "towing or bust" group. My Monday through Friday mileage is less than 25mi daily. Based on the above, I am very excited for a cybertruck competitor!

#258 2 years ago

Wow, Maine only gave me a 1K rebate on my plugin Prius (and I spent over $3k in taxes)!

I guess it pays to live in a more progressive state.

1 week later
    #277 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The new Ford pre-heats the battery pack as it de-ices the windows and heats the seats.
    My friends in Norway (where 89% of new vehicles are electric, and that lousy arctic circle ) say to count on losing 6% power to the pre-heat. They set the timers to finish the charging cycle within a hour of the morning drive. That way the batteries are warm without the pre-heat.
    My combustion truck computer says I'm losing 16% in the coldest months. Lack of traction on the roads, and the anti-gel "winter mix" fuel would be my best guess.
    No one will know exactly until a bunch of these trucks are out in the field.
    **too new to tell** like they say in the military.

Cabin heat usage is a bigger factor in winter battery capacity. My plugin loses a lot of range in the winter due to running the heat. If you crank it on max like in an ICE vehicle, it takes off about 20-30% capacity. At temps below 20deg F the heat pumps are ineffective, and you have to use resistance heaters. They are coming up with creative ways to combat this, but it's still a major battery draw.

6 months later
    #380 2 years ago

I'm out if Biden's union-made tax credit doesn't come to fruition. Even though it's packed with cool tech, I can't see dropping that much coin on a vehicle.

(currently hauling pins in a '07 Honda)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-150-lightning-whos-in?tu=pinash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.