Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 451 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jeffro01
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“F-150 LIGHTNING... who’s in?”

• Yes 21 votes
      17%
    • No 75 votes
      60%
    • Eventually, but not first generation. 29 votes
      23%

(125 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ford (resized).png
    got a date (resized).png
    windpower (resized).jpg
    AlJLPhq (resized).jpg
    68d3ae4a-6864-44bb-9718-98704a9b0861-2021FordF150_062420_ES19.JPG
    L (resized).png
    870E9BDF-4D6B-446A-94E1-18FC7D7C66B0 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.10.47 PM (resized).jpg
    51kRuAVth6L._AC_SL1443_ (resized).jpg
    Thk5pJ1i2xEYBsOEMnlkzd153WRwC8HeQ1BDGn1gHko (resized).jpeg
    jeep (resized).jpg
    unssdfgnamed (resized).jpg
    Ford-Mustang-Mach-E- (resized).jpg
    2022-ford-maverick-rendering-1610128093 (resized).jpg
    Untitlexasdd-1 (resized).jpg
    8250c6c3801c9fa9bfac8f01ac46264b (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I have a cybertruck preorder. 500 miles of range and costs less. Acceleration matches my P90D on paper. Don’t think I’d switch. Not to mention, i like the dystopian look of the cybertruck.

I couldnt bring myself to trust any EV other than Tesla, their engineers are light years ahead of anyone else.

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

“Whether sheltering during a storm or trying to stay safe in a heat wave, customers can now use their truck to give themselves power when they need it most,” said Ryan O’Gorman, electric vehicle manager, Strategic Partnerships. “F-150 Lightning is built for seamless transitions between charging your vehicle and powering your house when needed – and Ford is the first in the U.S. to offer this capability on an electric truck.
    With Ford Intelligent Backup Power, enabled by the available 80-amp Ford Charge Station Pro and home management system Ford can help install, F-150 Lightning automatically kicks in to power your house. Once power is restored, the truck automatically reverts to charging its battery. Based on an average 30kWh of use per day, F-150 Lightning with extended-range battery provides full-home power for up to three days, or as long as 10 days if power is rationed, with results varying based on energy usage."[quoted image]

I absolutely love the concept, but I just dont see Ford turning this into a viable option in terms of practicality. Tesla has it figured out with their network of quick chargers everywhere and having your GPS able to point you to charging stations along the route. Someone mentioned other companies will be able to use Tesla technology, but unless that means access to their entire network, this thing is a bust.

Dont get me wrong, I would love nothing more than to have an electric F-150 that I could reasonably take on a long road trip. Its a step in the right direction, but it feels like they are so damn far behind.

Most importantly, who decided "Lightning" was the best name? The original Lightning was the ass opposite of this vehicle, was it intended to be ironic? The original was a RWD only supertruck that had horrific gas mileage and horrible dependability. Would it have killed them to just call it the F-150 Electric ?

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Rubbish.
    Until energy density of batteries improve dramatically internal combustion engines are not going anywhere.
    Regardless of what EV owners think.
    EV fit a niche and are not a fit for all owners.
    Hybrid is really the way to go for a variety of reasons but it is not the favored tech of various greenie groups.

I don't think internal combustion is going away, but there is no reason EV cant be more mainstream. We should be incentivizing car manufacturers to push the envelope on existing technology. Tesla is the only American car manufacturer doing anything that is even remotely impressive right now in terms of technological advancement.

Everyone else is sitting on their hands only working to come up with a slightly new design once a decade. The new F150 may end up being a complete pile of shit, but that doesn't mean its a bad thing they are doing it.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Wait, you paint the electric price as not realistic because of base vs options.. yet you don't add options to the diesel? And for 45k-50k? Lol... as a recent buyer of a 2021 F250 that is funny. For others.. the diesel option is over $10k on its own. The LOWEST trim XL with diesel MSRP is over $46k before you add anything... and that's barely a worktruck trim.
    And then budget $2-5k/year on modern diesel service... contrast with the electric vehicles who have a history of the cheapest cars to own period.

Your responses in this thread are poetic, especially since I cannot help but read them in Capt. Jack Sparrows voice.

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

To truly be a **game changer**, it would need a Standard Cab and 8 foot bed.
    I don't have kids, and rarely even a prostitute, so I sure don't need seating for 5 people.
    But I do like to sleep in the back of the truck under the cap, so 8' is a must.
    I don't need:
    Carpet (so stupid in a truck)
    Cloth or leather seats (again stupid)
    Power Door locks (they always break)
    Power windows (I can still turn a crank faster than the motor can)
    SiriusXM (Spotify is way better)
    Heated Seats (I can see how chicks in a skirt would want this)
    4 doors
    Questions the dealer did not know yet:
    How easy will it be to hook up a serious subwoofer?
    How many amps are available for some power-amps (obviously, you are not bolting in a bigger alternator or extra batteries)
    Does the radio receive HD-radio?

Id venture to say if it can achieve the advertised range consistently and they can manage to roll out a convenient network of quick chargers itll be a game changer.

Trust me when I say they arent going to make any new vehicle with no power locks, windows, etc. haha. I agree though, no need for the bells and whistles, and camping in an 8' bed would be bad ass.

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Those are generational storms, I'm from that part of the country and in my 20+ years growing up there I can't remember a single time the power was out for more than 48 hours. Are there occasional "mega" ice storms and such? Sure, but again, you're not pumping gas either...
    Jeff

I keep gas in 55 gallon garbage bags in my garage, im good to go.

#162 2 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

I always trust the world bank for my 8 year-old scientific information. You entirely fail to address my claims. I know it's hard for many pinsiders to have a thought that hasn't been told to them by "trusted sources". Pfffttt.
    [quoted image]

You troll people based on their sources, but have a tab open for “the gateway pundit”.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-150-lightning-whos-in?tu=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.