Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CadillacMusic
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0959 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Getting a u25 RAM error when booting up my F-14 Tomcat. I socketed and replaced the RAM with a 6116 chip. Still having problems. The strange thing is that if I powercycle the machine quickly, it works fine. It also remembers settings correctly. It's pretty clearly something on the CPU board. What exactly are the steps it goes through to self test that RAM?

#5 1 year ago

Not really seeing corrosion here, but I don't like this chip for some reason. The last one in the box always makes me wonder if someone put it back because it didn't work. No other 6116 chips, so I'm gonna jumper for a 64.

IMG_0959 (resized).JPG

#7 1 year ago

Oh, duh. Well, poop. Gonna check that voltage then.

#8 1 year ago

Hmm. 4.94 at cpu board. Not spectacular, but is that really enough to cause problems?

#10 1 year ago

There's a hack to the switch area that honestly makes me laugh, but is functional. Some past guy didn't have a resistor array, so he just made one out of a bunch of resistors. Otherwise, no previous work. That is a new socket. I'm beep testing lines as we speak. Looks like the processor goes through u16 for the data lines, and u11 and u13 for the address bus. Doing some beep testing to make sure there's no broken traces, but those are my next targets.

#11 1 year ago

And, neither of those are in stock. I guess this is tabled until I get some chips in. Always tempted to pull from old boards, but that just complicates things.

#12 1 year ago

Update: Was a bad U16. All fixed!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 3.70
Machine - For Sale
Griffith, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside