Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pac-Fan
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I like the large technical sheet that WPC-era games have stapled inside the cab. Showing the fuses, solenoid lists, switch and lamp matrix details all together.

I took an example WPC one which I found (thanks to Martin Reynolds and Peter Koch) and made one for my F-14 Tomcat.

Feel free to use it if you want, or suggest corrections / changes. I've been over it a couple of times and fixed a couple of things, I think it's OK now.

[May 2014 - just noticed I can upload files to pinside now, so attaching here in case something happens with my S3 store!]

Mark

#2 10 years ago

I did see a quick error on the tech chart.
Q8 is listed twice.
The rotating beacon is driven by Q6 according to the manual.

#3 10 years ago

Fixed - thanks Peter!

#4 10 years ago

Until I did this sheet, I hadn't realised that Williams kept the same wire colours for the lamp and switch matrix between Sys11 and WPC...

#5 10 years ago

That is really nice! Thank you. Saved and will leave a copy in my F14..

Small nit, when opening in Acrobat Reader, the file is titled Monster Bash. You may want to check properties.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Small nit, when opening in Acrobat Reader, the file is titled Monster Bash. You may want to check properties.

Funny. I based mine on one I downloaded for Getaway: HS2, so the properties must be wrong in that one too. I've corrected it and uploaded a new copy. Thanks!

#7 10 years ago

There is still a little space on the sheet, so if anyone can think of something else useful from the manual to put on there (pin-out of PSU, transformer outputs etc) then post here...

thanks

#8 10 years ago

Awesome work!

Suggestion: On the solenoid/flasher list, if we could squeeze in location/color/function into that list that would help not needing to look at the large map with overlapping lines to find them all.

#9 10 years ago

Cool! Thanks.

Mike

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Pac-Fan:

Suggestion: On the solenoid/flasher list, if we could squeeze in location/color/function into that list that would help not needing to look at the large map with overlapping lines to find them all.

Why? The only time I can see that being useful is if someone were in the unlikely position of having to put a whole stripped machine back together completely blind. Oh, hang-on, that's you Pac-Fan !!!! Just joking with you!

Seriously though I'll see what I can do. Colors I might just add a comment, seeing as apart from the flippers all the other coils have yellow wrappers as stock. Function is already there, 2nd column. Location should be do-able, although some of the flashers actually fire 2 bulbs so space might get tight.

I was thinking of maybe adding the ROM list and also pasting images of each type of display (numeric and alpha) identifying which segment is which.

#11 10 years ago

Updated with missing under-playfield fuse

#12 10 years ago

I was thinking of maybe adding the ROM list and also pasting images of each type of display (numeric and alpha) identifying which segment is which.

You can also put too many information on the tech sheet.
It's just to have some quick information at hand for simple things.

Peter

#13 10 years ago

I thank you and my F-14 thanks you! Nice job.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

Colors I might just add a comment, seeing as apart from the flippers all the other coils have yellow wrappers as stock.

Coil locations are already noted, it's just the flashers that are numbered.

Perhaps the best description would be what the alphanumeric displays show when you are testing the flashers in sequence? Or are they just generic numbers (haven't booted my board up yet).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-technical-chart-attached and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.