Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Melvyns28
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Just picked up two f-14’s one a project and the other a very nice machine. I think the spinner was changed out at some point. All picks I’ve seen are different than mine even my project is the same as all I’ve seen. This is a very early production game so not sure. The spinner doesn’t score at all. Not on regular or lit. Not sure where to go the diode us ok on the switch blade but don’t know where to go from here. Any help here would be great.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Melvyns28:

Just picked up two f-14’s one a project and the other a very nice machine. I think the spinner was changed out at some point. All picks I’ve seen are different than mine even my project is the same as all I’ve seen. This is a very early production game so not sure. The spinner doesn’t score at all. Not on regular or lit. Not sure where to go the diode us ok on the switch blade but don’t know where to go from here. Any help here would be great.

Check the contacts with an ohmmeter. Sometimes the switch blades are shorted closed, permanently on....this would prevent the switch from registering. Check the wire colors of the switch and compare them to the switch matrix chart, since this is a game that you are unsure of its present state. Follow the wires back to the other switches in the row and column of the spinner to make sure that the signals daisy chain is being passed (i.e., a broken wire on some other switch can prevent another switch from working)

If you still can't find it, we can refer you back to testing the motherboard to make sure there are no problems there - to confirm this is a playfield problem. Most likely it is. Good luck.

#3 5 years ago

It all started yesterday with an adjust switch #48 message. It did seem like it was closed so I adjusted it. looks to be working correctly. I disconnected diode and it's working. checked all wires around and up the bank. All good that I can see If it might be a board issue, I'm not sure where to go from here.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Melvyns28:

It all started yesterday with an adjust switch #48 message. It did seem like it was closed so I adjusted it. looks to be working correctly.

The adjust error message came about because the switch was stuck closed for 30 games. Now that it is fixed, you would just have to clear the error message by entering diagnostics. Check the switch in switch edge test diagnostic mode to make sure it is working, if it is working in the test the adjust message should go away. If it not working in test mode we can help you diagnose.

#5 5 years ago

Ok I’ll run test. When I left work this morning the message doesn’t show up anymore since I made the adjustment. The knocker would also know a few times but now it shows ok no adjustments but still no score.

#6 5 years ago

Yes, run the switch test. I had to do a lot a playing around with mine to get it to work right. Also, the little "keepers" that hold the wire in the right spot on the spinner were gone, so I robbed them off my spare GL playfield. Without these the wire that connects the switch to the spinner will ride up into a part of the spinner where it won't work.

#7 5 years ago

Update and thanks for the responses I found the yellow wire broken but just touching the switch just enough that the wire Looked connected and I dismissed and moved on to other possible problems.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-spinner-wont-score and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.