Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mr_Outlane
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have a strange problem where the spinner test correctly in the Switch test and Edge test, but will not work in a game. I have also reset the game to factory hoping that would fix it. I have a new RottenDog MPU.
I do remember that at one time when I first got the game running that the spinner did work. Hmm

What would cause the spinner to work in test mode, but not in game mode?

#2 3 years ago

Are you spinning it in test with the ball or your hand?

#3 3 years ago

I also wanted to add that I have no issue with the switch matrix. All rows and columns work but the spinner.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Are you spinning it in test with the ball or your hand?

by hand

#5 3 years ago

Does it work in test with the ball rolling through?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Does it work in test with the ball rolling through?

No sir

#7 3 years ago

Sounds like the switch just needs adjusted then. Will it work in game with your hand?

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Sounds like the switch just needs adjusted then. Will it work in game with your hand?

No sir, It only works in the Switch and Edge Test Modes. In the Switch mode it registers when ever I move the spinner and in Edge mode when I spin the spinner you can hear/see it register every time the contacts touch.

#9 3 years ago

It seems to me that this messed me up once also. I had to connect everything back up and actually start a game before it worked. Do you have it partially disassembled?

#10 3 years ago

No sir Ready to play. Been playing for awhile now until I noticed that I was not getting points from the spinner.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

No sir Ready to play. Been playing for awhile now until I noticed that I was not getting points from the spinner.

Look through this if you haven't already.. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-spinner-problem

#12 3 years ago

Silly suggestion but wondering if your ball shooter switch maybe stuck closed ?
Some games I've seen certain features wont score if the game thinks a ball is in the shooter lane.

#13 3 years ago

Thank you for the suggestion, The wires are in the correct position and I did a visual check of the diodes for everything in that column.

Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Silly suggestion but wondering if your ball shooter switch maybe stuck closed ?
Some games I've seen certain features wont score if the game thinks a ball is in the shooter lane.

The ball shooter switch from what I can tell is working properly, ball enters the shooter lane and the sound of the plane engine building RPM is getting louder and louder and once the ball crosses the switch the sound dies out.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

Thank you for the suggestion, The wires are in the correct position and I did a visual check of the diodes for everything in that column.

Try posting this problem in the F-14 owners thread below. GRUMPY is a guru on F-14. If anyone will solve it, it will be him!! I no longer have my F-14.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f14-tomcat-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/92

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It seems to me that this messed me up once also. I had to connect everything back up and actually start a game before it worked. Do you have it partially disassembled?

I thought that just hitting the credit button to start the game was enough, but the ball has to be in play after it enters the ramps to the playfield in order for the spinner to work. Thank you for your suggestions!

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

I thought that just hitting the credit button to start the game was enough, but the ball has to be in play after it enters the ramps to the playfield in order for the spinner to work. Thank you for your suggestions!

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-spinner-does-not-work-in-game-only-it-test-mode?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.