• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by LongJohns
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hello all!

New here, as I am just getting back into my love of pinball after 30 years.

I bought a Black Knight in January, and just picked up a Firepower and F-14 Tomcat over the weekend.

The F-14 Tomcat has a spinner switch that is not working and giving me errors. It appears to have much more flexible leafs than any other switch I've seen, and is beyond adjustment. This same switch is also used for the upper ballgates.

Williams part number is SW-1A-168

I have found this switch to be unavailable, and have checked with all the usual vendors and then some...nothing...

While doing a google search, i did come across this switch (95-4180-00 in the picture) and was wondering if anyone has used these switches?

http://na.suzohapp.com/amusement/pinball/50400700.htm

Seems like a great alternative, but with a $25.00 minimum order and $20.00 S&H, I thought I would get the opinion of others on this.

Thanks!
And I hope to be an active, contributing memeber of the forums.

#2 7 years ago

Welcome to pinside. I have encountered many of those switches over the years and am yet to find one that can't be adjusted. A little tweaking should fix it. Tighten the screws, and then adjust the one that is not attached to the gate/spinner.

#3 7 years ago

I bought an F-14 with the same issue, I got my parts from Action Pinball, the prices were not great but Ray give good CS. I was missing the actuator rod and spinner that connect to the leaf switch. I also needed a few of the ball roll over switches for the ramps. I could not find them anywhere but he was able to sell me an alternate from other Williams games (jungle Lord, High Speed etc..). Call him. Also look at other system 11 games the leaf switches out of those should work. GL
K.

1 year later
#4 6 years ago

Sorry for bumping an older thread but wanted to add some info here in case anyone else is looking for this switch and does a search.

Turns out Macro Spec list a switch that can be used: part number A-11664 http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-11664

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
York, PA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside