Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by greatwichjohn
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

006.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
009.JPG
008.JPG

#1 5 years ago

Hello,
I read on these forums a few months ago that CPR was planning on a F-14 Tomcat playfield reproduction. I looked on their website and couldn't find anything on this, but I was wondering if anyone else knew about it.

#2 5 years ago

I hadn't heard of it, but with 14000 f-14's out there, you'd think it would be a no brainer

#3 5 years ago

I thought I read somewhere that they can't do them because they can't get certain inserts remade? Don't quote me on that though.

#4 5 years ago

The red n blue chevron inserts would be the only hard ones. ....woz uses one by the witches castle doors, so they can't be impossible to make

1 year later
#5 4 years ago

F-14 Playfields and plastic sets needed by many people!! Come on CPR PLEASE!!

#6 4 years ago

Planetary pinball has been promising this playfield forever

1 month later
#7 4 years ago

I cant believe how washed out the blues on my F14 playfield look after putting the new CPR plastics on. Is this playfield ever going to happen ????

#8 4 years ago

Need this to happen! Old man has F-14 and I want to surprise him with one.

#9 4 years ago

This pf is exactly one year late!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I cant believe how washed out the blues on my F14 playfield look after putting the new CPR plastics on. Is this playfield ever going to happen ????

Did you try blue super bright leds? It helped mine a bunch, did the red ones also.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Did you try blue super bright leds? It helped mine a bunch, did the red ones also.

I think he is referring to the blue paint on the playfield - I also got the new plastics and there is an extreme difference between the new and the faded blue. The blues on the old plastics and playfield look more turquoise in color compared to the new plastics...

#12 4 years ago

My red and blue inserts were faded badly but the colors on my playfield still look good, kind of wierd.

#13 4 years ago

...yea I thought my playfield colors looked good until I got the new plastics...

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

I think he is referring to the blue paint on the playfield - I also got the new plastics and there is an extreme difference between the new and the faded blue. The blues on the old plastics and playfield look more turquoise in color compared to the new plastics...

Exactly !!!!

Quoted from LongJohns:

...yea I thought my playfield colors looked good until I got the new plastics...

Yeppers !!!

#15 4 years ago

Probably going to hold off on installing the new plastics for now due to extreme differences - put up this long with the broken piece what's another year or 2?

#16 4 years ago

Seems like F-14 would be a good candidate for one of those mylar overlays that PPS says they are making now. Anybody ever hear of any talk about it?

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Seems like F-14 would be a good candidate for one of those mylar overlays that PPS says they are making now. Anybody ever hear of any talk about it?

There is more than enough demand for full playfield run.

#18 4 years ago

I don't think our playfields have faded, I just think these plastics are darker. The blue on my NOS playfield is pretty much the same as the blue on the playfield I took out. Although the blue is different, I think they look good installed.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

I don't think our playfields have faded, I just think these plastics are darker.

Here is a post on the Announce thread that brings up a visual comparison of the F-14 blues and how they blue-shift:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-new-plastics-sets-available-now/page/2#post-2221832

The plastics were made to match a blue playfield, and the blue ink being half tint-based (partially transparent, backed in white) means they must be illuminated to hit the intended final color we planned for. (Pantone Blue C)

While I'm here, also need to mention that the F-14 playfield is NOT on CPR's playfield list. It may have been a long time ago, but a ton of things have changed. Stu never drew it, so we have no artwork. But I think the original films were in the IPB load. We're booked solid for years with our own titles and re-runs. So maybe another vendor or PPS can take care of it. Just wanted to wave the white flag. It's not us. It's not us.

#20 4 years ago

Interesting picture. The NOS playfield I just installed (and I know it was NOS as I had to drill all the f*&^ing hole) is much nearer the lighter blue than the darker. Just goes to prove the oft mentioned point that there are a lot of variations out there.

The plastics look awesome on my playfield, regardless of the colour. And backlit even more so.

And we know CPR isn't doing the playfields, PPS has someone else doing that although we don't know who. They were supposed to be ready to ship over a year ago

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

And we know CPR isn't doing the playfields, PPS has someone else doing that although we don't know who. They were supposed to be ready to ship over a year ago

Pretty sure were all going to grow old and the Toronto Maple Leafs are going to win the cup before this playfield ever happens !

#22 4 years ago

You never know, I don't think i'm in the running. But you never know. Like Kevin said they are booked for years. I have nothing lined up for playfield production art wise after this spring. There aren't a huge list of people making new playfields. I know that i'm probably at the bottom of the list, but having nothing coming up. Might put you in the running for consideration. Here are some pictures of new Star Gazer production, & Seawitch cutting in March. The bottom picture is one of the first 6 printed, I missed that they should of had white ink under plastics.

008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG

006.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside