• Latest reply 8 years ago by TheDarkKnight68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Batman_Medieval.jpg

#1 8 years ago

I'm going to go look at an F-14 Tomcat this weekend and I need to know if it will fit inside our Ford Escape. We fit a Sharpshooter in there once, but the display/scoreboard part came off and it fit fine. If the Tomcat just hinges over, it might be too tall.
I bought a 4x8 trailer from Harbor Freight a couple days ago and haven't put it together yet. I'd rather not hauls this on a little trailer completely across the state of Illinois. Illinois roads are bad enough, and this winter was especially hard on them.

So, I guess I need to know if the top comes off, and if not, what the height is of a folder over F14 Tomcat.

Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

Head is hinged and folds down. It is 30" folded, but can vary a bit.

#3 8 years ago

Just bought my first game last year and it was a f14. It fit just fine in my 2013 Ford escape. 2013 was the year when they changed the design so I'm not sure about the previous models but, i think you shouldn't have an issue if the backseats fold flat like the 2013 model does.

#4 8 years ago

If you have resistance folding it down make sure to remove the two carriage bolts inside the backbox. Mine had 2 installed going into tee nuts. Probably a fail safe when put on location.

#5 8 years ago

Seems like the wifes clearance in the Escape is within a 1/2" of my Murano (to the good) and F-14 and Pinbot fit nicely in the Murano, Williams will fit, albeit like a glove, but Gottlieb will not, as they are 2-3" taller when folded up than the Williams machine and would need the head removed, but usually enough slack in the harness to "lay" the head behind the body (standing on end) without even disconnecting harness. Takes 2 minutes. Ah yes, another proud F-14 owner.... Congrats

Batman_Medieval.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
$ 85.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 18.62
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!