Working on a machine, customer replaced the speakers with some car speakers he had in his garage. After replacement he smelt burning, and noticed the bottom segments of players 3 & 4 weren't working.
After looking over the display board (D-11610) I couldn't find anything that seemed ruined. I then started testing the components and everything seemed to be ok on the display board - R14 tested within tolerances of a 10K resistor, U15 was putting out anywhere between -19 and -80 volts on each output pin per spec. Wiggled the jumper, nothing seemed to be wrong.
In frustration, I started looking over the board for anything obvious, and I found Q77 looked burnt at one of it's legs. Tracing it back, it looks like it goes back to a solenoid. So it seems unrelated.
Planning on replacing Q77, but I don't know how a set of speakers could lead to all of this, or what my next steps should be beyond replacing Q77. Needing some guidance here.