15553823739341548985287362302715 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190415_185926 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181109_113648983 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181108_170143132 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181109_113422386 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181109_113442150 (resized).jpg
42C88A8E-EA3B-48E2-93E5-C3F8433C197A (resized).jpeg
Flashers (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bronco-jon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Let the fun begin!

When did you get your PF?

#45 7 years ago

I have a later production and my original PF has a gap in front of the ball kick out.
There is no sign of ball wear in that gap area (between the blue and the wood), however there is slight wear just past the blue, like the ball jumped that "gap" every time.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Still not sure what to do about the gap we were talking about last week.

That's something I'm not even gonna worry about. Why would I when It never became or caused an issue on my original from the manufacture that has that gap?

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

I'm pretty sure that bar is not on early production playfields like the one that Peter used as a template. Mine doesn't have it.
Edit: I take that back. The bar is just missing on my machine. The holes are there. Time to order a bar...

I just looked on my later production and that bar is missing on mine too, but has the holes.....is it really necessary since there is a rubber there?

....Edit: I just remembered, There was a ball guide (bar) in my coin box when I bought my machine and I couldn't figure out where it went.....posting a pic of it, is this it?

DSCF3121 (resized).JPGDSCF3121 (resized).JPG

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
Ours war also missing this wire bar, on 2 playfields. We checked out a couple of F-14s and they had the holes, but not the bar.
We decided to leave the holes away. Bronco-Jon your bar doesnt look right, boths side should be straight.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

I agree about it should be straight, that's just how I found it when I bought the machine. if it was straight, the down bars would be the same length and the width of it is exactly the same width of the holes in the PF...I really don't think it needs it anyway. I can't imagine why a bar would be right behind a rubber anyway

#78 7 years ago

did your PF have the bar on it?

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Can someone get in touch with Mr. Toledo so he can come inspect this?

No need at this time...You got the wrong flipper coil there, (11630 goes on bottom flippers and 11722 goes in top) and your snubber board looks fried too....just sayin

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

All of them are in about this condition. What P/N did you use as a replacement?

Ask Pinsider "Grumpy", He will know

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

If anyone else is looking into this see: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f14-snubber-board-resistor-value
Copy/paste:
What most people did was use a 150 ohm resistor of 2 watts rating to replace the burnt resistor. Williams had drastically undersized the wattage rating and had only used a half watter there.

Good find, thanks

1 week later
#96 7 years ago

I took all the junk I had sitting on top of the playfield glass and removed the glass today to get a game plan on doing my new PF swap.....
I just can't bring myself to do the swap at this time.
The new pf is beautiful I know, but I just can't see doing the swap right now.
the original pf isn't really all that bad at all and it still has all the original maylar on it.
Something I need to think about a bit.
Heres a couple pics of my original still in the machine

DSCF3170 (resized).JPGDSCF3170 (resized).JPG

DSCF3171 (resized).JPGDSCF3171 (resized).JPG

DSCF3172 (resized).JPGDSCF3172 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#126 7 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

To answer is a row ...
my machine is ready for take off ... just adjusted some siwtches today and it plays greeeeaaattt ... hell of noise and action !
Yes, I like the black powder, so called my F-14 the "black widow" but it was just for cost reduction. I bought the machine as a project with the new playfield bukild together 50% but nothing soldered. The pre-owner became "cold feet" about all the work due it is a early game. Good for me
I had the legs in spare, black podercoated with structure. The lockdownbar was not so nice anymore, same to the siderails. Buying this all
new would be around 250 Euro, powdercoating was around 50 Euro , so this was my reason. But I like it, fits perfect to the F-14. Only have to paint the screwheads in black as well.
This is a original cabinett, no decals. Just the corners from backbox where scratched and some smaller scratches on the cabinet. The red on the front was nearly gone. So I fixed this with painting with cans and airbrush. The result was clearcoated with opaque clear , for the budget done myself not the painter
I got many help from Averell, so I am also waiting for the parts to connect the 4 lamps in the display shield as he dir. Averell also modded his driverboard to get a boost with a little switch that the coils get little more power .. will check this out. I protected the new repro plastics mostly with transparent washers. The beacon motor and the domes are also new parts, the old motor was burned.
All bulbs are replaced with new ones , no LED .. I am oldschool
In it all I have for around 2K EURO a very nice and well playing F-14 with new playfield and plastics. That is what I wanted.
here are some more impressions. Will make later on pixs when the macjhine is in the gameroom and set up correctly.
Cheers and thanks for all your comments !

That's really nice! I really do like the black trim.....If I were to choose to do mine in any color that's the color I would choose.. Nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bronco-jon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-playfield-swap-club?tu=bronco-jon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.