Topic Stats

• 210 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by stumptown
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 70 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_1148 (resized).JPG
DSC_1147 (resized).JPG
DSC_1146 (resized).JPG
DSC_1144 (resized).JPG
DSC_1145 (resized).JPG
DSC_1149 (resized).JPG
15553823739341548985287362302715 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190415_185926 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181109_113648983 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181108_170143132 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181109_113422386 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181109_113442150 (resized).jpg
42C88A8E-EA3B-48E2-93E5-C3F8433C197A (resized).jpeg
Flashers (resized).JPG
labels (resized).JPG
31D9C742-E919-424E-9156-BC140A88D53C.jpeg

There are 210 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
2 months later
#202 46 days ago

Doing teardown now in preparation for my new play field and CPR plastics.hopefully I do everything perfectly, but I know where to turn with questions. Thanks in advance, haha

1 month later
#203 5 days ago

Anyone else having this problem with the buthamburg f-14 playfield? This seems like a major major showstopper and I don't think it's anything I could have screwed up. That's because there is a hole in the playfield for the tnut and holes for the wood side rail. Never was an issue in the old game.

IMG_20190415_185926 (resized).jpg
#204 5 days ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Anyone else having this problem with the buthamburg f-14 playfield? This seems like a major major showstopper and I don't think it's anything I could have screwed up. That's because there is a hole in the playfield for the tnut and holes for the wood side rail. Never was an issue in the old game.
[quoted image]

I thought it was just me, but yes it's a tight squeeze on one out of ten rescues on mine after some adjustments.
I sanded and polished the side rail before I knew there was an issue. After I noticed the problem, I also filed and polished the lane guide down a bit. It helped. I also moved the switch closer to the rescue plunger. It pushes the ball now instead of hitting it.

It's still not perfect, but those are the things I've tried so far.

#205 5 days ago
Quoted from cletus:

I thought it was just me, but yes it's a tight squeeze on one out of ten rescues on mine after some adjustments.
I sanded and polished the side rail before I knew there was an issue. After I noticed the problem, I also filed and polished the lane guide down a bit. It helped. I also moved the switch closer to the rescue plunger. It pushes the ball now instead of hitting it.
It's still not perfect, but those are the things I've tried so far.

Thanks for chiming in. I'm also upset because I put the screws for the inlane bracket through the
dimples and that wasn't enough clearance on the topside. So now I have two holes in the playfield I need to figure out how to hide.

For the bottom side I'm going to try notching the bracket for the tnut holes and your suggestions

#206 5 days ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Thanks for chiming in. I'm also upset because I put the screws for the inlane bracket through the
dimples and that wasn't enough clearance on the topside. So now I have two holes in the playfield I need to figure out how to hide.
For the bottom side I'm going to try notching the bracket for the tnut holes and your suggestions

You might want to try opening up the holes on the lane guide first. Those are easy to replace from Cliffy if you mess them up. I’ll look at my t-nuts and see if there is room for adjustment. I’d really like to put the switch back where it was. I like the snappy rescues.

#207 5 days ago

Is the wood rail even with the edge of the play field?

#208 5 days ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Is the wood rail even with the edge of the play field?

There is maybe 1/16 inch gap. The holes were predrilled in the playfield for the wood rails though. I broke out my measuring tape, comparing to original, and I couldn't find a smoking gun for why it was so tight.

I didn't explain myself well, I notched the inlane bracket and forced the rail over as much as I could and the ball is now barely fitting down both the inlane and outlane. Going with these spacers to hide the holes as much as possible

15553823739341548985287362302715 (resized).jpg
#209 5 days ago

The rails need to be flush with the edge of the play field. You will have to redrill the holes. A 1/16 is a lot when it comes to a tight ball.

#210 1 day ago

If anyone is curious how these hold up over time... Here's mine after a little over 6500 plays on location. Holding up pretty well aside from normal dimpling, the only real trouble spot I notice so far is a very shallow trough starting to form at the outlet of the right edge lock spot where the ball gets kicked out. Right now it's still nearly imperceptible unless you look at it from the right angle but I'm going to put some mylar over it just to be safe. There's also some visible settling around the arrow inserts but it's imperceptible to touch and hasn't affected play at all.

Prior to the swap the playfield was sitting for several months (mainly because I didn't get my act together doing the work ), and has had no additional clear coating applied other than what it got from the factory.

DSC_1144 (resized).JPGDSC_1145 (resized).JPGDSC_1146 (resized).JPGDSC_1147 (resized).JPGDSC_1148 (resized).JPGDSC_1149 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
There are 210 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside