(Topic ID: 274550)

F-14 Tomcat- not sure if my diverter is working correctly or not...

By drsfmd

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by drsfmd
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Recently picked up an F-14 Tomcat with a great playfield that hadn't been serviced in... maybe forever.

I've got the game cleaned up and playing nicely, but I am not sure when the diverter is supposed to be working. My recollection from playing one in the past is that the ball should always be diverted to one of the top two wireforms on launch. Mine almost always goes to the lowest wireform. Sometimes though, it does go to one of the top two wireforms (usually, but not always, the middle one)-- so the diverter isn't broken or jammed. I'm not sure how it's *supposed* to work though... when should the diverters be triggered, and what triggers them?

Thanks in advance!

#2 3 years ago

Yes it should stay up top until you lock your first ball. I’d start in switch test see what’s up. Sorry can help much more that that. I’m sure someone much smarter will chime in. And congrats on the f-14 pick up with a nice pf mines trashed.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Yes it should stay up top until you lock your first ball. I’d start in switch test see what’s up. Sorry can help much more that that. I’m sure someone much smarter will chime in. And congrats on the f-14 pick up with a nice pf mines trashed.

Thanks! I’ll fiddle with it and see what I can figure out.

On mine, the playfield is really nice... the cabinet needs a repaint/restencil.

#4 3 years ago

Yeah the ball should always be fed to one of the top 2 diverters. I wonder if there may be an issue with your switch in the shooter lane just past the 3 flashers on the right-side of the game, as I believe that switch is what tells the game to open one of the 2 top diverters once the ball has been plunged. I know mine is a bit sensitive and sometimes triggers during play and I see one of the diverters engage when that happens since it's supposed to tell the game the ball is coming and trigger one of those coils.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I think the switch is flaky. I tinkered with it a bit, and have it going to the center wireform most of the time now. The only time it seems to go to the top wireform is when there's a ball locked in the center one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-not-sure-if-my-diverter-is-working-correctly-or-not- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.