IMG_0654.JPG
image.jpg
IMG_0436.JPG
IMG_0437.JPG
IMG_0433.JPG
IMG_0431.JPG
IMG_0430.JPG
IMG_0425.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 11 years ago

Your f-14 mylar looks better then mine did before I removed it. It's a scary process but I thinks was lucky and had almost no paint loss. Beware though cuz ya could loose lots of art work.

Your inserts have the usual ware, you can get decals to fix that.

http://www.edcheung.com/album/album09/pinball/f14.htm I also followed the advice here.

The right wire form ramp is messed. I think the proper fix would be a spot weld to fix it, but you might be able to super glue that back together. I would try 2part epoxi like "j b weld". You can sand it down if it globs on in the wrong place.

My first machine was f-14. It's a great project because there's so much that you can get for them. Search on pinside for f14 there's lots of info here

#5 11 years ago

You could also join www.pinballrevolution.com its a local forum and has many members in the GTA and throughout Ontario.

#10 11 years ago

My 2 cents.

Your first pinball machine will always hold a special place in your memory, that joy of getting it home, the first game you play, the first time you get the high score on "my machine". Then it brakes. You learn there's more to these things then just a ball rolling around. After learning how to get it working again you'll realize you can fix this thing up, make it way better then it is now, as good as, or better then new.

Personally I think F-14 is a great first game. There was 14000 made, everyones played one at one time or another. But most of them suck (yours looks in good shape) because the Mylar and inserts raise up making the playfield a gravel road, the ball doesn't roll in a straight line unless its being shot at you. A lot of the negative feedback about this game is either that it has a crappy playfield or easy rules.

Not many players have played on a smooth F-14. even though all of the parts are available many wont refurbish them because of how rough some playfields look. I like the easy rules, anyone can pick it up and have fun, the game is not easy though, there's great risk/reward shots. I bought mine a year ago locally for $800. Now their selling for 1200-1500. I've seen 3 in the last 3 months and if you take the time to level the inserts and repair the Mylar or clearcoat it, then you will have a great game to start your collection. F-14 is a very popular game and is underrated.

I've seen youtube videos with pretty crazy mods. One guy is working on a DMD mod. This game is great for beginners because If you can't spend a lot on a game you might as well get something popular, fun, and easy to upgrade

#30 11 years ago

My Mylar also came off well. The glue is terrible. Let the goo gone sit for 10 min before you wipe it off, cover it with Saran Wrap if its evaporating to quickly.

Can't wait to see pics

#32 11 years ago

I had the spray bottle of goo gone. Just a light coat each time, I needed to reapply it 4-5 times. It was a pain, but worth it. I picked up a pack of microfiber rags at Home Depot (20 of $15) to wipe it off. Final cleanup was with novus 2 and 3

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-newbie-cleaning-and-refurb?tu=Luckydogg420 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.