• Latest reply 8 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f14_3s.jpg
#1 9 years ago

On my F-14 the knocker coil and assorted parts are missing, including all wiring. I'm trying to find where the two cables from the knocker would land but I can't figure out where they've been cut. 06A from the solenoid table goes down in the cabinet, I'm confused.

#2 9 years ago

Were they ever there ? Export game might not have had them. Wire goes down into cabinet for a meter.

Go to Tests - Coils - Knocker, hit the start button and then by hitting the "+" diagnostic button you can step through coil, wire colors, transistor, fuse, and which connector(s) and which pin on connector, info.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

Download manual here for helpful info:
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/804/Williams_1987_F_14_Tomcat_Full_Manual.pdf

This will help you locate the transistor, then the associated connector and pins to see if a wire originates there.

Good Luck!

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from dri:

06A from the solenoid table goes down in the cabinet, I'm confused.

All the switched coils in Tomcat go down to the diode switch board. Refer to solenoid table column "connections", "playfield/cabinet". The coil diodes were put here, instead of on the coils themselves, to increase reliability. (strong coil vibrations can crack diodes)

f14_3s.jpgf14_3s.jpg

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

All the switched coils in Tomcat go down to the diode switch board. Refer to solenoid table column "connections", "playfield/cabinet". The coil diodes were put here, instead of on the coils themselves, to increase reliability. (strong coil vibrations can crack diodes)
f14_3s.jpg

Thanks, I'll have a look. Does that mean that F-14 does not need coil diodes except for the flipper coils? I've seen mixed opinions on that topic.

#6 9 years ago

Coil diodes must be somewhere across all the coils - they are just not needed directly mounted to the *switched* coils, because those are on the diode switch board. The special solenoids should have the diodes mounted directly on them. If you note the schematics, the flipper coils also have diodes across them as well.

1 month later
#7 8 years ago

They were cut and hidden in a harness :/

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from dri:

They were cut and hidden in a harness :/

:/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-knocker-wheres-my-wires and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.