(Topic ID: 300481)

F-14 Tomcat - Is it worth it? EDIT: Bought a HIGH SPEED instead!

By Greenfun13

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Knxwledge
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210930-201149_OfferUp.jpg
Screenshot_20210930-201144_OfferUp.jpg
IMG_20210926_171151.jpg
IMG_20210926_085212 (resized).jpg
image_2021-09-24_235729.png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1745 (resized).JPG
IMG_20210921_053055~2.jpg
IMG_20210920_052949~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210920_052949~2 (resized).jpg
Capture.PNG
BB 8 (resized).jpg
BB 9 (resized).jpg
BB 7 (resized).jpg
BB 6 (resized).jpg
BB 5 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knxwledge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

I'm local to you and I saw this one. Something I've learned is if a normie says an arcade machine or pin is in working condition, there's a good chance it will still need work. They likely just mean it powers on at a bare minimum, or it might start but have a bunch of other issues. The playfield looks pretty good considering the condition of the cabinet. Considering the prices of pins here in CA I would be happy at $700 (or less) but others can chime in.
Project alpha-numeric games don't come up too often around here it seems, so by the time you figure out what you wanna pay someone might already be loading it up in their truck

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

This $1K project is gone in the time you took to post her on Pinside.

Ad's been up for 12 hours, but someone probably offered $1.5k and the seller is just holding his own little auction behind the scenes lol

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Greenfun13:

The seller said there was a 'miscommunication' with his dad and raised the price to $1,900. Said he has a buyer at $1,650 but now he isn't responding anymore. He posted up some more pictures of the game turned on. Looks like all 4 displays work.
Told him I could come and get it but im all in at $1,000. Ill see what he says..
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yup that usually happens. He's conducting his own auction behind the scenes. You'll have a better time buying a project from a Pinsider or someone in the pinball FB groups who is less likely to do that bullshit

#57 2 years ago

Shot you a PM

#69 2 years ago

I linked the OP with a couple deals near us that are NOT this machine, hoping he gets either and updates the thread.

#73 2 years ago

The guy with the F-14 Tomcat also has this for sale:
https://offerup.com/item/detail/1269973797
Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

THIS IS A REAL,LEGITIMATE, BONAFIDE,ORIGINAL JEAN PRISON JACKET THAT IS ISSUED AND DISTRIBUTED AMONGST THE INMATE POPULATION IN THE CALIFORNIA DEPT.OF CORRECTIONS.ITS ACTUALLY THE SAME JACKET I WORE MYSELF WHILE DOING OVER 10 YEARS IN SOME OF CALIFORNIAS MOST BLOODIEST,DANGEROUS,NOTORIOUSLY VIOLENT, AND INFAMOUS LEVEL- 4 (maximum security) PRISON YARDS.NEEDLES TO SAY THIE JACKET OF MINE HAS QUITE SOME HISTORY TO IT AND HAS BEEN ENGAGED IN BATTLE SEVERAL TIMES,INCLUDING A HANDFUL OF STABBINGS,RACE RIOTS, FIST FIGHTS,AND HAS BEEN SOAKED IN PEPPER SPRAY AND COVERED IN TEAR GAS.IT ALSO HAS ACCOMPANIED ME TO "THE HOLE " (solitaire).DURING MY DECADE SPENT BEHIND BARS ;TECHNICALLY 3,523 DAYS IN THE CONCRETE JUNGLE THIS JACKET DID KEEP ME WARM BUT WAS UNABLE TO THAW MY HEART AS THE YEARS WENT BY TURNING MY HEART AND SOUL DARK,BLACK AND UGLY.
THE T-SHIRT IS NOT AS COLORFUL AS MY JACKET WITH ALL KINDS OF HISTORY BEHIND IT....ITS JUST A L.A COUNTY JAIL ISSUED T-SHIRT.

#75 2 years ago

It's a pretty sick piece honestly, but his description scares me. He's trying to sell the authenticity but it just makes him look crazy. It being in all caps doesn't help his case either

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from FIREPOWER1980:

I agree. Both of these games need the same cab restoration. The F-14 is the better deal over the High Speed. The F-14 is for sale for $1,200 currently and the High Speed is listed for $3k which is way to much in that condition. The High Speed is going to need some money dumped into it to restore the cab so now you are over $3k. Even with dumping more money into the F-14 you would still be under the money and get the better deal in the end.

He might have been able to talk him down from $3k, and if he likes what was done to the game so far then it's a positive for him, not a negative as you described it. OP seems less interested in a full project, as it's his first game, and isn't looking at it from purely a monetary perspective like you or I might who are more experienced

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from Greenfun13:

The cabinet restoration is the least of my concerns between these two pins. My girlfriend is super talented with a paint brush and I know she could make either one of them look like new.
The seller also said this about his cabinet:
"It’s paint wear, yes but it’s stained, sealed and the lettering is repainted so it’s more of a feature than a flaw. Everything else has been Powdercoated or polished, restored etc"
The seller also had 4 other pins and needs to make room for his newest addition. I'd much rather buy one from an actual pinhead than a former cell mate trying to get the highest bidder.
I also offered him $2,600 which he accepted. Unless it looks way worse in person when I get there in 30 minutes I'll probably be coming home with it.

I personally like the way the cabinet art looks, it looks like a worn-down crosswalk or something to that effect. I personally don't like the LEDs and shooter rod but that can be changed. Preemptive congrats on your pickup

#107 2 years ago

Let's get this "back on topic". F-14 is now listed at $1200 OBO. His wishy-washy, condescending attitude and clearly checkered past must be making this sale hard because if this were posted by anyone else it woulda been gone by now.

AN EXTREMELY GOOD CONDITION PIN BALL GAME MACHINE.WORKS EXCELLENT, JUST HAVE NO ROOM FOR IT ANY MORE.AS YOU CAN TELL FROM THE OTHER PICTURES POSTED A BRAND NEW ONE GOES FOR $4,295.THATS ALOT FOR A BRAND NEW PIN BALL MACHINE.ONLY ASKING FOR $1,200.NEGITIONS ACCEPTED ALSO.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1274506842

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from Greenfun13:

He messaged me again and said I could have it for $1000 like I originally offered. Almost feel like saying I'll take it off his hands for $600 and see what he says. Although I might be scared to go and pick it up! hahaha

I like to think that the idea of prison as rehabilitation yet I still have that same instinctual gut-level fear of interacting with this guy lol. A bit hypocritical of me... something I will think about. It's funny how we kinda come back to my original post suggesting a $700 offer. If you want it I would do it and see what he says

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

(though if you are really glutton for punishment tell him you miscommunicated with your dad and all you can offer is $600 now)

Now THAT is what I would do. Love doing shit like that

#123 2 years ago

I went to find the listing on Offerup where I had it saved and it wasn't showing up. I came back here where I had posted the link and turns out his account got deactived. Wonder what happened...
image_2021-09-24_235729.pngimage_2021-09-24_235729.png

#133 2 years ago

It's back on Offerup, this time under a different account madr Apr 2021
https://offerup.co/TwYjtZtpZjb
Screenshot_20210930-201144_OfferUp.jpgScreenshot_20210930-201144_OfferUp.jpg
Screenshot_20210930-201149_OfferUp.jpgScreenshot_20210930-201149_OfferUp.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knxwledge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-is-it-worth-it?tu=knxwledge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.