(Topic ID: 300481)

F-14 Tomcat - Is it worth it? EDIT: Bought a HIGH SPEED instead!

By Greenfun13

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Knxwledge
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210930-201149_OfferUp.jpg
Screenshot_20210930-201144_OfferUp.jpg
IMG_20210926_171151.jpg
IMG_20210926_085212 (resized).jpg
image_2021-09-24_235729.png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1745 (resized).JPG
IMG_20210921_053055~2.jpg
IMG_20210920_052949~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210920_052949~2 (resized).jpg
Capture.PNG
BB 8 (resized).jpg
BB 9 (resized).jpg
BB 7 (resized).jpg
BB 6 (resized).jpg
BB 5 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Greenfun13:

Seller just got back to me about my $1,000 offer and said this:
"THE LOWEST WE CAN POSSIBLY GO IS $1,100....I CANT DROP THE PRICE ANY MORE THEN THAT MY BOY...ITS NOT BRAND NEW I GET THAT BUT IT WORKS EXCELLENT AND IS IN GREAT SHAPE AND PERFECT CONDITION....ANY LOWER AND I START TI FEEL LIKE A SUCKER AND IM GETTING PLAYED..."
Hard to believe that thinks it is in excellent condition based on the cabinet condition alone.. Not sure what to do here. Wish I had someone local that could go with me and help me check it out, I would even offer to pay for your time.
Still thinking I should probably pass on this even though it might be a good deal to a more experienced pinhead.

Why not go check it out and see how it looks? If the board isn't covered in battery acid, if there aren't any major issues, it's certainly worth $1,100.

On the other hand, they made a million F14s so if you don't think a project is a good idea, may as well pass (just like you should pass at $1,000).

We can't tell you what to do here.

#41 2 years ago

I just don't understand why you'd take it at 1000 but not 1100.

Saving that 100 clams isn't gonna make you any more experienced at pinball refurbishment or any more prepared to deal with a project like this.

#51 2 years ago
Quoted from Greenfun13:

I think you summed it up perfectly.. I don't think I would trust this seller as far as I could throw him. (Not to be discriminatory, but you should see his profile picture.. he also has a drawing for sale from his ex-cell mate / friend that is currently doing a life sentence...)
I am anxious to get my first pin and start learning the ins and outs on properly taking care of and restoring one, but I am afraid that this specific deal might be a little over my head mixed with a somewhat sketchy seller..

Uh yeah I'd probably pass in that case.

Hopefully the seller and his father work on their communication issues.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Greenfun13:

He messaged me again and said I could have it for $1000 like I originally offered. Almost feel like saying I'll take it off his hands for $600 and see what he says. Although I might be scared to go and pick it up! hahaha

I think it's time to cut that joker loose and stop talking to him.

He had a chance, got greedy, and now he's stuck with the POS.

You don't need that game and you don't need to piss him off by offering the $600 it's worth.

(though if you are really glutton for punishment tell him you miscommunicated with your dad and all you can offer is $600 now)

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

I would have no issue going and picking up this game. I would leave the cash in my locked car until I saw the game and made the deal. Over the years I’ve been to some pretty sketchy places and have gotten some great deals with no issues. Just because someone is different or not polished doesn’t
mean you can’t deal with them.

I would agree with you on that. But at this point I don't think the OP needs another game, certainly not a project.

I think the real issue is obviously plenty of folks have passed on this game at $1000 or whatever the hell the guy is asking for this day. It's probably a real piece of crap.

Decent projects of any non-EM game don't just sit around any more at low prices. There were dudes declaring this game was already sold early on in this thread, and that the OP was insane for taking so long to consider it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-is-it-worth-it?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.