RedRedLEDflash_(resized).JPG
ClearblueLEDflash_(resized).JPG
ClearblueLEDno_flash_(resized).JPG
IMG_1110_(resized).JPG
IMG_1102_(resized).JPG
IMG_1101_(resized).JPG
IMG_1100_(resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

New custom ramps for F-14 Tomcat soon to be available. Fresh off the machine.

IMG_1100_(resized).JPGIMG_1100_(resized).JPG

IMG_1101_(resized).JPGIMG_1101_(resized).JPG

IMG_1102_(resized).JPGIMG_1102_(resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Damn it, clear wasn't good enough...now I have to pick a color :/

#3 7 years ago

I will be cutting these out over the next few days and then set up a photo shoot of the various colors installed in the my F-14

#4 7 years ago

wow!! very nice!! I will be watching this thread. thanks.

#5 7 years ago

I'm in for a red and blue

Scott

#6 7 years ago

Please put me down for a red one.
How much will these cost?

#7 7 years ago

Thinking $110 for the ramp in any color or clear. Just like high Speed and Swords of Fury, there is quite a bit of assembly on this one so I will offer assembly/riveting service for this one as well.

#8 7 years ago

Nice! I may take a blue one, or a red one...

Installed pics will greatly help my decision making process. Looking forward to seeing them in a machine.

#9 7 years ago

Too bad you can't blend red, clear, and blue together. I can't wait to see what they look like on a machine, my ramp is in great shape but might be interested in a colored one.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Too bad you can't blend red, clear, and blue together. I can't wait to see what they look like on a machine, my ramp is in great shape but might be interested in a colored one.

Understand this is clearly an upgrade. The F-14 ramps don't take the beating that most ramps do so they have held up pretty well... Just back to my original mission.....Replace black ramps with something new!

#11 7 years ago

Damn dude!! You have me thinking of wanting something I don't need. Sweet ramps

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thinking $110 for the ramp in any color or clear. Just like high Speed and Swords of Fury, there is quite a bit of assembly on this one so I will offer assembly/riveting service for this one as well.

Is $110 the completed price or will the assembly/riveting service cost more?

These look fantastic, by the way! I'm actually rethinking my blue ramp decision now. The ramp is on the red side of the playfield and that red ramp would continue the red. Will it be too matchy-matchy, though?

I guess I'll wait for the installed pictures to decide.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Maybe you can buy a clear ramp and paint any color you like underneath with an airbrush?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

Is $110 the completed price or will the assembly/riveting service cost more?

$110 is just the price I tossed out for the ramp...although that is the most it will be and may come in cheaper. Assembly with your parts would be additional....probably $25

#15 7 years ago

Some good news! Production on these is going to be easier than I originally anticipated so will set the price on the ramps at $95 and if assembly is desired down to $20. Hope to have all ready for production and hopefully installed photos before taking a break for the NW Pinball Show beginning next Friday....well actually Thursday as I participate in the set up for the show.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Really ? Not only does he make new ramps for F 14 , but does this in 3 colors and that is not good enough ? Pa Leeze , ya just can't make everyone happy , huh ?

#17 7 years ago

Lit from the underside would look cool

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Really ? Not only does he make new ramps for F 14 , but does this in 3 colors and that is not good enough ? Pa Leeze , ya just can't make everyone happy , huh ?

Trust me I'm not complaining, I didn't think I was even criticizing, was just talking out of my brain, I have bought ramps from Mark for every game I have that he makes them for, the fact that tomcat is a red white and blue color game it's going to be hard to decide what color will look best (might just have to buy them all) Sorry if I offended anyone.

#20 7 years ago

After me buying the clear High Speed ramp, how could you possibly know that my only other System 11 game was F-14?

#21 7 years ago

Here's a first picture of one of my ramps semi-installed. There are no factory GI lights under the ramp so the corner is pretty dark. I figured light would need to be added, so for this first shot of the blue one, I temporarily installed (probably going to try some other config.) 3 GI bulbs (LED) to illuminate the ramp. The rest of the playfield GI is all frosted cool LED.

Probably have shots of the clear and red tomorrow.

IMG_1110_(resized).JPGIMG_1110_(resized).JPG

#22 7 years ago

Nice work! Beautiful as always

#23 7 years ago

Decided to try something different with lighting. Had some 12v LED strips, so ran them along the lower edge of the ramp. They fit nicely right under the diverters. Here are some shots of the clear and the red. The clear has a strip of blue LED's and the red has a strip of red LED's. Photos of both with and without flash.

ClearblueLEDno_flash_(resized).JPGClearblueLEDno_flash_(resized).JPG

ClearblueLEDflash_(resized).JPGClearblueLEDflash_(resized).JPG

RedRedLEDflash_(resized).JPGRedRedLEDflash_(resized).JPG

RedRedLEDnoflash_(resized).JPGRedRedLEDnoflash_(resized).JPG

#24 7 years ago

The red ramp looks great, really fits in well with the rest of the playfield colors. Think I'd like one in my game.

#25 7 years ago

I agree - I was going to get red and blue, but I think red is the way to go

#26 7 years ago

It's always better to see them in person. The red never photographs well, but is actually very cool. Red would be my first choice with clear as a second. Since I have an extra set of ramp hardware, I plan on having both a clear and red set up for mine. The LED strips I used are the 12v variety. At the moment am powering them with an old PC power supply for the photos...the same one that is often used for bench testing circuit boards. Ultimately I will get a 12v power supply off Ebay where they sell for like $7 and then wire it into the main power circuit past the on/off switch so they will power up at game on. That corner of the game is very dark and with the black ramp, there is no GI is under the ramp. I put some temp GI lighting under it which was OK, but now will go with the LED strip. There is just enough room to run the strip along the lower edge of the ramp and avoid the diverters.

#27 7 years ago

Nice. I'm hoping to blow the cobwebs off my Second Sortie project soon (ha - how long have I been saying that!) and these would look cool. I like the red, the colour fits really well. However given I've got a bunch of RGB lighting in my F-14, if I was to go with clear I could light it any colour. I'll certainly take one (and I've got an old spare ramp I can take the hardware from and send you), just need to ponder red or clear

Nice work as usual!!

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

Nice. I'm hoping to blow the cobwebs off my Second Sortie project soon (ha - how long have I been saying that!) and these would look cool. I like the red, the colour fits really well. However given I've got a bunch of RGB lighting in my F-14, if I was to go with clear I could light it any colour. I'll certainly take one (and I've got an old spare ramp I can take the hardware from and send you), just need to ponder red or clear
Nice work as usual!!

Having been following your project and knowing your capabilities with lighting, I think if I was you, I would go with the clear. Might be cool to put a flasher under there tied to the Yagov kick back! Other possibilities would be to install running LED's based on which track the ball would be diverted to.

#29 7 years ago

those are looking absolutely amazing! Another great form Freeplay!

Brian

#30 7 years ago

I want the clear with some type of underneath RGB color scheme.....get on this right away MODDERS

#31 7 years ago

I'd be interested in the clear one. I think it would look great with the pinduino and RGB leds I have in my game.

The thing that would take some time is figuring out the hardware and rivets I'd need to transfer over the parts from the stock diverter.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

The thing that would take some time is figuring out the hardware and rivets I'd need to transfer over the parts from the stock diverter.

I offer to do the assembly (riveting) for $20. If you can remove the parts from your existing ramp, you can get them in a much smaller box for postage to send to me. If you want to send me the whole ramp, I will disassemble and assemble for $25 and return your stock ramp.

Final price for this ramp will be $90
Assembly with your supplied hardware $20...or disassembly/assembly from your whole ramp $25

Shipping will be $15

Most opt for me to do the assembly so I can start taking orders whenever you guys are ready!

Payments via Paypal to [email protected]

Be sure I get your address!

Thanks...Mark

#33 7 years ago

I'm having a tough time choosing between red and clear!!

Nice job, as always.

#34 7 years ago

Does the area under the ramp still have full graphics?

#35 7 years ago

Red looks like a landing strip at night.
THLs_LAX_(resized).jpgTHLs_LAX_(resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

There really nothing under the ramp except the Yagov kicker. There is no lighting either. In the first photo I took with the blue ramp, I had placed three temporary Frosted cool GI's. Wasn't satisfied with theat amount of light so I shot the others with an LED strip on them. Without any lighting added the ramps will pick up some light from the game. Lot's of options for lighting be it LED's below or above, or possibly spots.

Several folks have expressed an interest in new ramps for Dark Knight. I only bring this up because a friend had one at the NW Pinball Show last weekend. He had mounted some green LED strips right below the glass and had them pointing down to the playfield. The effect was pretty good. Something like that might work here as well.

It will be very interesting to see what guys come up with. Hope they will post photos.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I'm having a tough time choosing between red and clear!!
Nice job, as always.

See comments on lighting above. I like the red and clear the best....but lean toward the clear. The color or appearance of the ramp with the clear can be driven with colored lighting. Expect you've seen Snux's Second Sortie F-14. With his programmable lighting he could do some awesome things. I think it would be cool if a Flasher under the ramp could trigger on the Yagov kickback. Go real crazy and eliminate the 6 landing/lock on lights and replace them with running LED strips that lead to the proper gate.

I'd love to play with this one a lot but just have too many other things to do. So I'll wait for one of you guys to nail it!

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

There really nothing under the ramp except the Yagov kicker.

I wasn't very clear, I apologize...

I mean does the playfield have graphics there or do they just fade out like some playfields do? Additionally, do the plastics go back there at all? I hate looking at bare wood on playfields, so just thinking about how to do this best if I decide to take the plunge... it changes my decision on color.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I wasn't very clear, I apologize...
I mean does the playfield have graphics there or do they just fade out like some playfields do? Additionally, do the plastics go back there at all? I hate looking at bare wood on playfields, so just thinking about how to do this best if I decide to take the plunge... it changes my decision on color.

Under the ramp is of course the Yagov kick back lane and the existing plastic below the ramp actually goes back under the ramp a bit. As far as being worried about what you can now see....I don't think you have any worries.

1 week later
#40 7 years ago

Got my clear ramp. I've bought this and a Space Station ramp from Freeplay40 and they are both really nice work. Can't wait to install it and see it in my game!

#41 7 years ago

very very cool. nice work

#42 7 years ago

are these ready to order?

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

No. There are partial graphics.

6 months later
1 year later
#46 5 years ago

Still available?

#47 5 years ago

Yes I still make them on demand. Readily available in clear, and I can do either transparent red or blue as soon as I change my dyes. I also offer assembly for this one.

2 years later
#48 3 years ago

Hi Mark,
Do you ship abroad? If yes, what would be the costs including shopping to the Netherlands? No aasembly required, i hope i dan do that myself

1 month later
#50 3 years ago

Wrong thread

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-custom-ramps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.