Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bobukcat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

good afternoon. thanks for allowing me to join this awesome community. i am fairly new into owning pinball machines. my family loves them. with all this said my F-14 Tomcat plays very well. the only thing i cannot get to work are the 2 blue flashers. the one at the top of the playfield and the one on the right side. i have replaced the bulbs with new

#2 2 years ago

failed to mention that the tech bulleting that came out in 1987 has been performed

#3 2 years ago

Have you inspected or tested the big resistors on the board under the playfield? They are heavy and often have the leads break off.

#4 2 years ago

@bobukat i see the big chalky resistors. is there a particular board to look at. it seems there are several boards with these resistors. i suspect it is a resistor because neither blue light works i just need to figure out which board works the blue flashers.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from maveric18:

@bobukat i see the big chalky resistors. is there a particular board to look at. it seems there are several boards with these resistors. i suspect it is a resistor because neither blue light works i just need to figure out which board works the blue flashers.

I don't remember exactly where the board is for those particular flashers but if you trace the wires back you should figure it out pretty easily.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-blue-flashers-not-working-at-all?hl=maveric18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.