5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by SkydiverX
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture2 (resized).PNG
    Capture (resized).PNG
    InkedCapture_LI (resized).jpg
    image1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

Put the game into solenoid test. Check to see if both the A and C sides are firing simultaneously. You may have a short across that relay, or only part of its shared circuitry. The solenoid tests should help narrow things down further.

#8 5 years ago

During the solenoid auto test, #'s 1 thru 8 each have an "A" and a "C" side. Usually "A" is a flasher, and "C" is a solenoid. This corresponds to the chart in your manual, and you will see this scroll across the display as the test progresses. The A/C relay (which itself is #14) is supposed to only allow either the "A" or the "C" to operate. So when you watch the test, if you observe a flasher and solenoid operate at the same time, you'll know something is wrong.

I'm not familiar with F-14 directly, and I note some of your affected coils do not have A/C matrixing, so your issue might end up being a bit different. But solenoid test mode is the place to start. It's easier to isolate faults in test mode rather than the randomness of game mode where multiple things may be happening at once.

The A/C circuit itself gets a little more complex the deeper you go, but we'll save that for now. I once had an issue with my Space Station where A/C sides were going off simultaneously causing all sorts of madness... the tests helped narrow down the cause (ultimately, the A/C relay circuit was instrumental, but not the issue).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-blowing-solenoid-fuse-system-11?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.