You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220218_131104 (resized).jpg
20220218_131112 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

We are trying to replace both of the drive belts for the beacon lights but it looks as though the wires might be in the way. I'm pretty tech savvy, so I would like to fix it on my own and learn how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have a blessed day/night.
Anton

#3 2 years ago

My wires have a connector to un hook them.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

My wires have a connector to un hook them.

I unhooked the wires at that point where the white and yellow wires connect but they are still in the way. I’m trying to replace both of them. If the wires weren’t in the way it would be fine. It can’t be this hard. Maybe I’m missing something. We bought the parts from planetary pinball.

#5 2 years ago

Looking at pictures, you should be able to feed the wires through the belt. Then slip the belt around the back of the motor. The belt should now be able to wrap around the top center pulley and be stretched over to the right pulley. You will do the same for the other belt.

#6 2 years ago

I think you have to unscrew the motor assembly from the mounts to feed the belts through.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7 2 years ago

Yep, he is right. Here are a couple more pictures if theyre any help. I unscrew one at a time and feed the belts around then immediately put the screws back in.

20220218_131104 (resized).jpg20220218_131104 (resized).jpg20220218_131112 (resized).jpg20220218_131112 (resized).jpg
#8 2 years ago

yeah, unfortunately you have to disassemble. it was a bear when i did it, what i thought was a ten minute job turned in to 2 hours. you have to rebalance the belts and pulleys after install so be careful about wrenching on the assembly too much and don't forget which screws went where

#9 2 years ago

Thanks for all the help and pictures. I will try it tonight.

#10 2 years ago

It looks like it's fixed. We just need to get a new bulb for it, so we can finish getting the housing back on. What bulb does it take?

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from cntrydisney:

What bulb does it take?

LTG : )

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I take it that's easy to find?

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from cntrydisney:

I take it that's easy to find?

If parts places don't have them, then Ebay.

#14 2 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/1683-bulb/s

Can you put LED's in or no?

#18 2 years ago

No idea.

#19 2 years ago

28 volts, it should work.

#21 2 years ago

Go with the comet bulb, or at least a bulb that projects light in multiple directions. The single direction bulbs don't point much light at the reflector and the beacon looks dim.

#22 2 years ago

OK I'll check it out, Thanks. What color Cool or Warm white?

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Go with the comet bulb, or at least a bulb that projects light in multiple directions. The single direction bulbs don't point much light at the reflector and the beacon looks dim.

Thanks. I'll check out the Comet bulb.

#24 2 years ago

Thanks for all the help. It was greatly appreciated. I'll get the comet pinball led's and it'll be on to the next fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-beacon-lights-drive-belt-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.