(Topic ID: 252576)

F-14 Tomcat beacon "guts"

By PghPinballRescue

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I am looking for the entire assembly that goes inside the 3 rotating beacons on the backbox.

What I do have:
the 3 lenses (red, clear, blue)
a 2-pin harness to connect the power
the 2 drive belts

What I need:
everything else....sockets, gears, pulleys, mounting brackets...etc...

I am completely open to replacing them with aftermarket beacons for a car or something, if there was something affordable.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

I am looking for the entire assembly that goes inside the 3 rotating beacons on the backbox.
What I do have:
the 3 lenses (red, clear, blue)
a 2-pin harness to connect the power
the 2 drive belts
What I need:
everything else....sockets, gears, pulleys, mounting brackets...etc...
I am completely open to replacing them with aftermarket beacons for a car or something, if there was something affordable.

Like this?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1027-tilted-pinball/01127-reproduction-f14-beacon

#3 4 years ago

I did see that. Client t is never going to pay that much. I'm sure it's good quality and as good as original, but it's just too expensive.

#4 4 years ago

Maybe try to hunt down revolving light/beacons, and use the guts of them? They'll probably cost about $25-$35 each.

http://www.vehiclesafetysupply.com/peterson-763-revolving-light-g-804.html?cPath=1_11_880

I'm wondering what the amperage draw might be for 3 motors and if the game could handle it. I'm guessing the drive belt configuration was a cost saving measure for the most part.

#6 4 years ago

I did see that. Client is never going to pay that much. I'm sure it's good quality and as good as original, but it's just too expensive.

Hit a hobby store that sells science-y type kits/erector sets to get pullies, etc.

Hope you're charging for your time to cobble something together. Maybe you can get a recipe going for other people that are looking to save a buck.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Hope you're charging for your time to cobble something together.

That's what I was thinking. The plug and play reproduction looks like a bargain compared to the time to cobble something else together. Plus you end up with a game that doesn't look like it was cobbled together from something else.

#8 4 years ago

I did see that. Client t is never going to pay that much. I'm sure it's good quality and as good as original, but it's just too expensive.

I guess these were reproduced for a reason. Look like great value to me, I don't think I could produce anything better for any less...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-beacon-guts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.