7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Anidor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anidor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Classic Arcade decals with the protective top layer

Question for you vid since you seem to know these pretty well, are these classic arcade decals pretty thick almost like a vinyl feel to them? I just peeled a set of thick decals off the F14 I picked up a while back because they were actually affecting the ball travel, especially at the bottom of the playfield where the alpha, beta, charlie, etc. inserts are. Inserts underneath were all flush save for one or two, so it was definitely the thickness of the decals causing the ball movement. Just curious if you think these are the same or if maybe the ones that were on my game were from elsewhere and maybe the classic arcade decals wouldn't have the same effect. The game plays much better now with those decals removed temporarily. I'm doing a full teardown/touchup/clearcoat this fall/winter, so I will need to get some of the thin water slide decals instead. Do you know of a source for a good quality set of these? Thanks!

#9 7 years ago

It wasn't bad when the ball was moving fast on hard shots, etc., but when the ball was slow esp. near the bottom of the pf by the flippers where you have a bunch of inserts all close together I did notice it enough that it bugged me. Then again I'm probably more anal about that than many others might be.

#11 7 years ago

Yup, exactly. I've been playing it without the insert decals for a few weeks now (except the ones under mylar) and don't plan on replacing any of them until the restore. It plays much better now than it did with those thick decals imho. I love the speed of this game and can't wait to see how much faster it is with a full clearcoat!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, CA
$ 221.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anidor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside