Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Was recently trying to adjust my pop bumper for more sensitivity and I believe I accidentally close the connection and blew the fuse, added new fuse, then pop doesn’t work. But does in test mode ... I quickly saw something like u- something failure but haven’t seen it again since .

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago

If your pop works in test mode, then the following is GOOD:
Coil drive logic
Coil drive transistors
Coil itself

The reason it is not working in game play is the special solenoid switch circuit composed of the following: Spoon switch, wiring from the spoon switch to CPU, or multiplexing logic on the CPU board. To determine if playfield or CPU problem, briefly short 1J18-4 to ground. If the pop fires, CPU circuit is good and the problem is wiring/spoon switch.

#5 5 years ago

Yes it was a bad adjustedspoon...thanks so much for your help

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Yes it was a bad adjustedspoon...thanks so much for your help

Your welcone! Glad it was an easy fix. Nothing worse than pulling a board to do board work and finding out it was a playfield problem all the long. Play on!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-pop-bumper-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.