f14beaconassembly_zps3481c74f[1].jpg
IMG_0404 [800x600].JPG
IMG_0403 [800x600].JPG
IMG_0401 [800x600].JPG
IMG_0402 [800x600].JPG
Scan-131207-0002.jpg
IMG_0398 [800x600].JPG
IMG_0397 [800x600].JPG

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Actually the main Sys11 master multi-game parts manuals ( http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_Blue_16-9064-B/index.html#/562/ ) lists a completely different part.. but those are NOT what I have on the right side (the pic above is)

I need to do some more looking, I'm wondering if the side missing somehow doesn't look like that and is part of another part. I need a good picture of all the stuff under the left side by that pivot point -- right along with all of the coils for the diverter arms in the ramps on that side. Something may be combined.

The bottom part (going into cab is right) but the one part I have is not like this at all -- its like the one posted above. Need to find what needs to be on the left side by the diverters
WilliamsHingePivot.pngWilliamsHingePivot.png

#52 10 years ago

Anyone have a nice high res picture of the pivot points?

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

I have been advosed that I have a system 11A. Is there a guide for this like you did for the others? If I can make the power supply section more robust, it will only buy me more peace in the future. I did inspect mine and did not see any signs of stressing as you showed with diodes burning the PCB and caps getting fatter. Will do the mod for the bridge rectifiers next.
Thank you,
G

I stared one based on the items from Vid's 3-7 guide that applied to System 11 and inputs from others. Thread here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-system-11-bullet-proofing-thread

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Vid,
Do you have a suggestion for a source for these two diodes? My usual supplier in my town does not have these?

They are also included in the GPE 3-11 high voltage rebuild kit that can be found here: http://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=WAN-HVP-KIT

This kit includes other "bullet proofing" mod parts for the HV section as well.

#55 10 years ago

FGO Pinball I live about an hour away for you, if you want to take a look at mine in person. Just let me know. Or I could take some pics if you like. Don.

#56 10 years ago

Grumpy --

Actually FGOPinball is a friend of mine, I've been helping him with a lot of desoldering/soldering work, and he was trying to help me figure out what goes on the left side of my completely disassembled (received that way) F14 I'm trying to put back together without a lot of pics.

Most everything on the bottom is there, but not the pivot hinge on the left side under the diverters. At first , I thought it was the same as what is on the right side (the big "U" piece he posted) but on further looking online at some blurrier pictures it appears it may somehow be a part of the diverter assembly parts where the coils mount themselves? I need to go through my bucket of parts I got again and see if I can spot it. It definitely does not appear that the master williams part manual is in any way correct for F14 as those pivots are different -- though the receivers are the same.

I will hopefully get back to this over the weekend , and if I can't find something a picture or two would be helpful.

Thanks!

#57 10 years ago

Hey GRUMPY,

Thanks so much for the reply. By buddy Pac-Fan beat me to the thread today

We may need to make a trip to Underwood if we get stuck......and you have a great looking collection!!

If you get up to Fargo, you may need to check out "Tilt Pinball" when they get going.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-pinball-to-be-found-in-fargo

Thanks again.

Bill B

#58 10 years ago

Nice to know about TILT Pinball, my wife and I go to blaine brook when ever we are in the big city. Its always nice to play something different. Just let me know if I can help either of you anytime with your repairs or board work. I have been fixing pins for 25+ years. Later, Don. P/S I looked at my f-14 left bracket and it looks like part # A-11350.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Nice to know about TILT Pinball, my wife and I go to blaine brook when ever we are in the big city. Its always nice to play something different. Just let me know if I can help either of you anytime with your repairs or board work. I have been fixing pins for 25+ years. Later, Don. P/S I looked at my f-14 left bracket and it looks like part # A-11350.

Ah. so it IS the same as the right side; like the drawing posted earlier? That's the one under the diverters right? If so then I definitely did not have a second one of those; just the one on the right past the shooter lane.

Perhaps this was just mounted under the diverter coils in the pic I saw -- I couldn't tell if it was part of another assembly or unique. I have NO idea why this then was stripped from the supposedly working but partially disassembled project I picked up in October.

Whats on my right side:
174351.jpg174351.jpg

A pic of it mixed in with the diverters on some one elses machine on the left side:
f14-08 (1).jpgf14-08 (1).jpg

#60 10 years ago

The drawing needs to rotated 180 degrees and it will match the color pic. The diverters are mounted on a plate which is mounted to the bottom of the play field then #A11350 is screwed thru the diverter plate to the play field.
Hope that make some sence.

#61 10 years ago

Yep, exactly. I thought it would be identical but the angle of the colored picture I couldn't tell if it was just molded into the other metal or a separate piece.

Then definitely that is the one piece I'm missing (why, I don't know!) that will be needed to remount the game in the cab. Thanks for positively identifying; now just to find one, priced reasonably to add in.

Wonder what else I will find missing?

#62 10 years ago

This is half of the fun of this hobby, the other is playing with the end results. The bigger the box of parts you start with the more satifaction in the end. In the mean time you should make a replacement to keep progress going foreward. Then keep an eye open for a used factory part.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Pac-Fan:

I bought a disassembled project machine from someone here and unfortunately while it was supposed to be complete, it is missing some key parts
1) The reflector/riveted L bracket / attached allen set screw for the center beacon
2) The two nylon belt pullys that go on the center motor
3) The two offset spacers/screws for the motor to mount it at the appropriate distance
4) The nyliner that the motor shaft goes through
5) Both belts
6) Then I am also missing the left entire mounting bracket/pivot point for the playfield. The right one is there, as are both mounts inside the cab but the entire square/"U" piece with the pivot (sorry don't know what this is called) was also missing from under the PF So I can't even mount it back in the cab yet.
The rest of the top of PF is stripped but supposedly all there in the boxes of parts; but I have yet to ensure everything is there as it will take reassembly to find what may also be missing.
If anyone has reasonable priced leads for used parts of these please respond. Thank you.

f14beaconassembly_zps3481c74f[1]... 84 KB

You can get some F14 pulleys from Marco (not sure if its the right one)
Marco has belts too. Or you can get a complete shop kit of rubber parts from ebay. One of the sellers there includes the beacon belts

#64 10 years ago

You're in luck.... I parted a totally blown away F14 a few years back, still got quite a few of the playfield parts. See pic. You can have it for nothing, but I'm in the UK so you'll need to cover the shipping. I reckon $5 (paypal is fine) should do it. If you're interested, send me a PM with your address and we can go from there. If you need any other parts and I have them spare you can have them for the postage plus a contribution to my beer fund!
DSCN3940.JPGDSCN3940.JPG
Mark

#65 10 years ago

Hey Snux, do you have this plastic? I broke mine when I cleaned it the other day.

xc1.jpgxc1.jpg
#66 10 years ago

I have a set of the playfield decals for the inserts that I never got around to using.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Hey Snux, do you have this plastic? I broke mine when I cleaned it the other day.

Yes, I do. Not in great condition, but you can have it for the postage from the UK. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send you a photo.

Mark

#68 10 years ago

This is your lucky day to find this part so quickly. F-14 is the only machine it was made for. Keep us up on how your progess is going.

6 years later
#69 3 years ago

Sorry about reviving a very ancient thread, but does anyone have a source for A11350 brackets now that it is 2020? If not, does anyone know what bracket might have the same screw locations into the playfield, just for mounting one temporarily to a rotisserie for restore purposes?

#70 3 years ago

Hmm another variable, wildcard, turd in the churn. LOL
Yep I have not seen that bracket before, and many thanks for bringing it to my attention. Whats the OD on that shaft sticking out of the existing bracket? If its 1/2" OD, then it still might attach to the sidekicks as-is, but the installation procedure will be more difficult. You would need to locate the sidekicks to the pf, then bolt them down to the rear angle bracket. Still very doable. BUT DO NOT TRY TO DO THIS ALONE. GET A HELPER!!!!

Ideas for plan B:
1. Can that shaft be "pressed" out of its bracket? If yes, and if its a 1/2" hole thats left, the sidekicks will bolt up. Then re-press the shaft back into the bracket.
2. Purchases a pair of the later model brackets I linked to earlier, and attach those to the PF ONLY while its on the roto. Then switch back over to the correct ones. Make sure you get a left, and right side bracket.
3. Go to any big-box home improvement store and purchase some 1" angle stock, cut to about 4" or so, drill holes and attach to the PF.

If it were me, I would go with option 2

I would like to see if the initial idea will work first. Please keep me informed. Boxing up your items now. hey will go out in the morning.

Thanks for the purchase, and I am here to help you.
Bill

#71 3 years ago

Looks like the pin is slightly smaller than 1/2", but I'll have to grab some calipers from my toolbag after work tomorrow to verify.

Was hoping to skip any drilling into the new playfield, so if I can't get it to mount with the original bracket, I think I'll shoot for the angle iron, drill holes to match original bracket screw holes in pf, and the mount to sidekick that way.

Fingers crossed, when I get a second set of hands, we will be able to make the original bracket work!

Will message you back as soon as we find out.

It has got to be a divine sense of humor hat Tomcat is one of the games that most benefits from side mounting (due to the incredibly high back wall with flashers and flasher board, plus wireforms and diverters incredibly close to it), yet it uses such a strange bracket mechanism.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 49.99
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-parts-availability/page/2?hl=stupidjackpot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.