• 26 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinnut
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi,
I have the chance to buy one of this game locally. I like both but never own any.
Both are in really good shape and approx. at the same price (Dude a little more expensive)
What is your advice? I already have a BSD and a JM.

Thanks

#2 8 years ago

I love both, but I am going to say Dr Dude. F 14 is brutal like BSD and JM.....Dr Dude would be a nice compliment.

#3 8 years ago

Dude is cute but kind of lame. I have always been surprised at the staying power of F14. For such a simple game it keeps you coming back and it's always a ton of fun.

#4 8 years ago

I don't think you could go wrong with either.

F14 - I don't have much time on it, but love how brutal and fast it is. I love this sort of game.

Dr. Dude - A little more traditional of a "modern" style game. If you like shooting ramps, and having a table with a bunch of toys, this might be a better choice.

#5 8 years ago

Both great games, but F14s crazy fast flow makes me play "one more game" every time.

#6 8 years ago

Dude by a landslide.

#7 8 years ago

amazing "multiball ready" music > "gift of gab" rap

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

F14s crazy fast flow makes me play "one more game" every time

F-14 is brutally Fast!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

F14s crazy fast flow makes me play "one more game" every time

+1
This was my first pin and don't see it leaving anytime soon.

#10 8 years ago

F14, it has that one more game factor! The soundtrack is great and has plenty of parts readily available! Everytime I think that I'm ready to sell or trade mine, i play a few games and can't seem to let it go.

#11 8 years ago

Got a lead on a local F-14 in nice shape. Price is firm at $1,650 but I think that's a little too up there. What's a nice one going for these days? I'm thinking around $1,200 tops. Have I missed the mark? It's nice, but not mint by any stretch.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Got a lead on a local F-14 in nice shape. Price is firm at $1,650 but I think that's a little too up there. What's a nice one going for these days? I'm thinking around $1,200 tops. Have I missed the mark? It's nice, but not mint by any stretch.

$1,650 is way too much. I agree that $1,200 would be tops.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Great condition ones are $2,500 beaters are $900.

#14 8 years ago

You gotta get them both! I can't seem to pick one of them cuz they are so different from each other. Whatever it takes, round up the funds and make the room. Great start to a system 11 collection.

#15 8 years ago

F-14 over dr douche in a landslide

#16 8 years ago

I like Dr. Dude, but love F-14. Not only do I think it's the better game, it can typically be had for a better price.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

F-14 over dr douche in a landslide

I think the fact that one guy says dr dude in a landslide, and another says f14 in a landslide - well this proves either way it ISNT a landslide.

But yeah f14 is getting more votes cause it's way better.

#18 8 years ago

I've had both. In my opinion, F-14 is the better game.

#19 8 years ago

F14 but I'm bias.

#20 8 years ago

Dr. Dude probably has the most annoying sounds in all of pinball while F-14 has some of the best. Go with F-14!!!

#21 8 years ago

not sure if this is even a serious question. F-14 is a classic

#22 8 years ago

F14 as long as the PF isn't shot to Sh1t.

#23 8 years ago

Dr. Dude is some of Greg Freres finest art. Great soundtrack from Chris Granner. The game play is ehh, but so is F-14's. Dude is one of the games you and your guests will keep coming back to for the artwork alone.

3 weeks later
#24 8 years ago

I loved my F14 but it didn't last long, Dr. Dude is the better overall game in my opinion. Still both are quite fun.

#25 8 years ago

Start a poll- could be interesting looks like a close debate. My vote f-14 although biased just picked one up this week still in honeymoon stage.

#26 8 years ago

artwork never brings people back to play more, gameplay does. ive had both, f14 for 5 years, dr dude for 5 minutes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 27.95
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-or-dr-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.