Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tonyhoff1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

So I already put a post on here about this F-14, which was insisting the 6116 memory (u25) was bad. I changed the output chip below the processor and it went back to working fine. Today, it has decided that once every dozen boots or so, it has a u10 error. This doesn't stop the game, which then boots and goes on working. But it's not right, and someone would like to buy this machine. There's clearly something pooping on the data or address line, and doing it very rarely. How does one determine what chip is at fault?

#2 1 year ago

might be a power supply issue. cpu tries to access u10 (a pia?) before the power is stable enough and reads a port back wrong.

you can disconnect whatever U10(assuming PIA and if possible) connects to and see if that makes it go away.

#3 1 year ago

I read on pinwiki that sometimes having an old socket on your PROM or processor will make this happen. So I replaced the socket on U27. So far so good, but I'm not calling it okay until at least Tuesday.

#4 1 year ago

So the game ran fine for 3 days. Then yesterday, when I powered it on, it just hung. Nothing on the display. Turning it off and on again fixed it, but I need to fix the problem. Anyone have any ideas at all?

#5 1 year ago

I had the same problem with a taxi. And my end result was power supply board. I rebuilt it and the game never did it again. Just a thought.

#6 1 year ago

Hmm. Must admit I haven't touched the power supply. Worth a shot. Did you use a particular rebuild kit, or just replace all the caps?

#7 1 year ago

I replaced the caps and the regulator on the heat sink.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 221.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 50.00
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside