Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Snux
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN4413.JPG

#1 5 years ago

I am looking for the best way to access the coil for Gen. Yagov kickback. Is it required to take off most of the ramps and associated connectors of is there a easier approach. I am new at this and when I started a few stopped screw heads caused me to rethink moving forward. I feel either I have a bad coil or a wire feel off. Thanks warren

#2 5 years ago

I'm not at home to look at mine, but the only thing I can think of is to lift the playfield out of the cabinet and see if the coil is accessible from the side.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for the thought but can not access from below. It is located in the upper left between the lower playfield and bottom of upper playfield

#4 5 years ago

As Tim mentioned in the other thread, unfortunately it's a pig to get at. You need to get that main black ramp off. Here's a photo of my old playfield with the ramp (and a bunch of other stuff) stripped off, so you can see the Yagov coil and mount is well hidden. No way to get at from underneath.

DSCN4413.JPG
#5 5 years ago

Question for you though - what's the problem you're seeing? Is it just not kicking when a ball goes up there? Could just be the switch which isn't triggering. Does the Yagov kicker fire when you put the machine into coil test mode?

#6 5 years ago

Thanks to you both for reaching out. Switch does fire but does not activate coil. Coil does not fire in test mode. I have checked the program and it is set to fire. Either of you have any tricks on removing small head screws with stripped heads? Thanks

#7 5 years ago

There are only a few ways to remove badly stripped screws if you cannot use pliers. None of them are pretty.

1) Take a dremel with a cutting wheel and cut a line into the screw head. Essentially you are trying to create a cut in the head so that a slotted screwdriver can be used to remove the screw.

2) Use your drill and drill down into the screw. This weakens the head so that you can bust the screw head off and it also cores out the post. If you're extremely skilled you can use a tap n' die set to correct the post afterwards, but for small screws you'll most likely have to replace parts.

3) Cut the top of the screw head off with a mini hand saw. This is dependent on how much space you have available to you. If you can't cut the head off using flush cutters then you probably don't have the space.

Option 1 is probably your best bet. Just protect everything as the grinding will make a mess. Use steady hands.

Another option might be to remove the entire PF and access it from the side? I've never removed the PF before though so I don't know if this is possible.

#8 5 years ago

Which screws are screwed, so to speak? Can you post a pic or 2?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 221.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside