(Topic ID: 115279)

F-14 Displays. Difference between early and late production.

By MrArt2u

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0284 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stylesbitchly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

And the larger size display panel on the early production F-14 models is what costs $350.00 to upgrade to a Pinscore PS-11415-F display.The $350.00 price tag is entirely due to low production number. It is only used on F-14 and Millionaire machines. Where as the later run F-14 models can be fitted with a $199.00 orange Pinscore PS-11610 display (other colors available if you want to pay extra). Also, Rottendog makes one for $150.00. Unless you want to unsolder and turn all the pin headers around and re solder them, you need the Pinscore PS-11415-F display on an early run F14.

Post edited by StylesBitchly: updated info

#10 9 years ago

No, I haven't done this. There is a thread here on Pinside all about it and that was the solution for fitting the less expensive PS-11610 display into an early run F14.
The problem is that the less expensive PS-11610 display's wiring connectors hit the H channel below the translite. The only way to fit it without setting the display LED's farther back from the speaker grill window, is to reverse the wire connectors.
I am afraid to drop the money on a display only to void the warranty and find out the soldering is not achievable. Some solder points are quite small.

#11 9 years ago

LongJohns
Are the U chips driving my pinscore as well. I am having intermittent LED segments on Player 1 and 2 windows. Or is this a problem with the Pinscore display board?

#13 9 years ago

There is a thread here on Pinside all about fitting the less expensive PS-11610 display into an early run F14.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-model-f-14-display-question

#15 9 years ago

I would just buy the Rottendog display (your choice of colors for $150.00). Big Daddy has them. People have mounted these using a simple home made bracket and the display only sits back from the speaker panel glass about 3/4". 1/2" if you move a capacitor to the back side of display. Not a problem according to one guy I talked to. FYI, the $350.00 Pinscore for early F14 also sits back from the window about 1/4".

#17 9 years ago

I have contacted Pinscore via email yesterday and waiting for reply. I don't know if it was purchased from Marco

#18 9 years ago

Well, I did call Marco and they said that the warranty is not transferable. Original owner only.

1 week later
#19 9 years ago

Hey Look!
A cheaper option than Pinscore for early run F14. And probably better quality!

XPin XP-WMS11415-F

$239.00

http://www.xpinpinball.com/shop/product/xp-wms11415-f

2 years later
#21 7 years ago

I know it's late in posting this, but my Pinscore problems with digit segments not illuminating intermittently was caused by power source putting out low voltage on the 5 volt rail.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stylesbitchly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-displays-difference-between-early-and-late-production?tu=stylesbitchly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.