F-14

By Fester1984

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi just bought a f14 pinball but the topper came in bits as it wasent working its all there with a brand new motor and pullys but I'm missing the screws and washers to fit the motor in it's the only thing holding it back any help would much appreciated

#3 11 years ago

I've tried but he dosent have emm thanks

#4 11 years ago

Will pay gd money for this

#5 11 years ago

As I will tell anyone they are bolts screws and nuts.

Hardware store has what you need. Same as springs, washers, eclamps, cotter keys, cletus keys etc.....

Just go to your local store with the part you need to mount. Or if you have a manual look up the actual part description in the manual or online.

Problem solved and it is way cheaper too.

#6 11 years ago

Yeah, a simple trip to ace hardware would handle this issue.

The ones that screw things into the cabinet are just wood screws, the ones that mount to the motor are just a standard size of machine screw, just take it with you and try a few.

#7 11 years ago

Ok but there is a washer too that I need and dnt no what size if anyone has a f14 and could give me the info I'd be really happy and photos too

#8 11 years ago

We don't have shops like that in the uk that you can try things ate hardware shops are rubbish

#9 11 years ago

Any help would be gr8 peeps

#10 11 years ago

You're gonna have to go to a hardware shop or somewhere that sells washers/screw.

You need to improvise a little here I think.

#11 11 years ago

Any washer will work, just make sure it fits on the bolt and doesnt go over the head.

#12 11 years ago

If I get home early enough tonite, I'll open the backbox and tell you what you need.

Unless someone here beats me to it.

#13 11 years ago

Got the motor mounted they twitch and move round ever so slightlay but not how they should also no power to the lights no blue flashers on the play feild either strange

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Fester1984:

Got the motor mounted they twitch and move round ever so slightlay but not how they should

You may have the shaft of the motor touching the sides of hole it goes through. I just had this same problem on mine. I added a couple washers to one side to make it centered in the hole better and now it rotates great.

Someone replaced the motor on mine though and it is not the right one, the shaft is too short. I also can tell they either made new washers or cut down ones that were there already and it didn't help.

#15 11 years ago

Also the 4th player is blank now can you get a replacement and solder it or does it have ti be a full new bord

#16 11 years ago

Help please

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Fester1984:

Also the 4th player is blank now can you get a replacement and solder it or does it have ti be a full new bord

It could be a multitude of things. for displays that age, mostllikely gassed out. I would replace it with a pinscore LED unit. You rarely use the fourth player anyway. So it would be worth saving for.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PS-11415-F

Quoted from Fester1984:

Got the motor mounted they twitch and move round ever so slightlay but not how they should also no power to the lights no blue flashers on the play feild either strange

the flashers are governed by a flasher board. these resistors can get hot and degrade over time. that could be the blue flasher problem too (most likely coincidence, as the flashers are not isolated by color) Check your bulbs too. the Beacon bulbs are kind of uncommon and often replaced with the incorrect type that is prone to burn out.

the motor could be burned out or dirty, there is well documented fix documentation out there
http://www.crownoak.com/gameroom/Projects/F14.aspx

Flasher boards look like this
http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=193072&bbat=21589&inline

And I know this is nit-picky, but punctuation would make your posts way easier to read.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.