• Latest reply 5 years ago by Pushrod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eye of the Tiger player lights (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I own a Gottlieb Eye Of The Tiger 2 player EM. The game appears to function normally for the most part, but has back box lighting issues. The general illumination is ok, as are the Tilt and Shoot Again lights. Neither of the score reels will light, and neither will the ball count lights or Game Over light. I'm guessing all lights in the box share a common ground, and the required 6.3v seems to be present at various relays, but without a schematic it's hard to be sure if they are the right ones. Also the ball count stepper at times seems to be missing the required feed to the activation coil to operate the steppr unit. After 30+ years of owning this machine, this is the first time a major fault has occured, and it's driving me nuts. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

#2 5 years ago

Look at the fuse for the back box then the jones plug

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Pushrod:

Neither of the score reels will light, and neither will the ball count lights or Game Over light.

I bet your Match lights don't work either.
Eye of the Tiger player lights (resized).jpgEye of the Tiger player lights (resized).jpg
Check the switches on the AX and P relays in the red boxes.

/Mark

#4 5 years ago

Thanks Mark - yes you're right - the match feature wasn't lit either. As you suggested the AX relay was at fault, so problem now solved. The ball count stepper has also cured itself somehow, so all back to normal! Thanks again for the help.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Raff:

Look at the fuse for the back box then the jones plug

Thanks for that - fuse is ok and Jones plug checks out ok for contacts.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eye-of-the-tiger-back-box-lighting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.